Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

Josh Jacobs suffered an ankle injury in Week 12 against Atlanta. 

Jacobs will have tests on the ankle Monday morning. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the injury "looked worse than it is," which is good news, seeing that the injury appeared catastrophic on the field. Jacobs had seven carries for 27 yards before the injury. Devontae Booker led the team in carries from there, generating six yards on five rushing attempts. Booker should be a waiver wire priority this week for fantasy players in need of a plug-and-play RB2/3. 

Could be a HAS? Concern going fwd would be reaggravation if he plays through it.

• Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

Josh Jacobs suffered an ankle injury in Week 12 against Atlanta. 

Jacobs will have tests on the ankle Monday morning. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport said the injury "looked worse than it is," which is good news, seeing that the injury appeared catastrophic on the field. Jacobs had seven carries for 27 yards before the injury. Devontae Booker led the team in carries from there, generating six yards on five rushing attempts. Booker should be a waiver wire priority this week for fantasy players in need of a plug-and-play RB2/3. 

Could be a HAS? Concern going fwd would be reaggravation if he plays through it.

Just gotta hope that it a lower grade sprain (crossing fingers)

2 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

I hate this 'has a chance' to play language. That was being thrown about in the Mixon thread everyday.

Based on his reaction on the field, I would expect him to be out this week with a possible Week 14 return.

Different type of injury, but yes, as of now I’d put it at less than 50% that he suits up next week.

It’s nice that he should be back for the fantasy playoffs though.

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo

Surely the Raiders can beat the Jets without him right? If that is the case, they might just sit him for the stretch run but given how they looked vs the Falcons, could be all hands on deck and Jacobs rarely misses a game.

I would be fine with him sitting, my leagues playoffs are the dreaded week 16 and 17. I wouldn't trust Booker at all this week, even with it being the Jets, I am hoping some of those bubble teams blow all their faab with multiple weeks left on Booker. I would probably look at Jalen slightly more.

55 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

🎵One week 50, one week 5. If you start him in the playoffs, you’ll be sure to die 🎵

Sounds like unique settings. In more common league setting no reason he couldn’t be a great flex play. 

7 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

🎵One week 50, one week 5. If you start him in the playoffs, you’ll be sure to die 🎵

🎵...or Fly High to the Sky, and be the Guy who no manager will be able to Deny, the chance to Vie for the largest slice of that tasty Championship Pie.  That ain’t no Lie.🎵 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

Sounds like unique settings. In more common league setting no reason he couldn’t be a great flex play. 

When your 1st round pick is reduced to a "great flex play" 🙃