NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

17 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Not sure if this is related to Jacobs injury but...\

Yeah based on his reaction after getting hurt and this news... he is def out this week and I think a longshot for Week 14.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

Disappointed in my first round pick. Certainly not a bust, but week in week out you never really got much consistency. I dont really blame him either. His lack of involvement in the passing game this year is criminal. Feel like a lot of run plays for him have been easily telegraphed as well. 

The man is game script dependant, plain and simple. Will be next year too. If they can keep it close you have a solid RB with upside, if they can't you best hope he scored a TD in the first quarter or you might be toast.

Very good RB2, he doesn't bring enough consistency to be a solid RB1.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

I’d say if he’s a DNP today he is as good as out (although could still play in theory).

If he’s a DNP today, I’d rather him sit. Usage would be a question mark as it’s been proven this year that they trust Booker and Richard.

5 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

I know everyone is assuming Booker is the play if Jacobs sits, but what about Richard?

(yes, I missed on Booker and now I'm in damage control mode)

If it was a more difficult matchup, I’d say Richard could be a decent play, but if they get ahead it’s gonna be all Booker. Richard is also just returning from injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Raider fan here who doesn’t own any shares of any of these backs. My take, Gruden likes to ride with one RB. The only reason Jacobs isn’t being run into the ground this year (which is kinda silly to say considering he’s amongst the league leaders in carries) is because Booker has surpassed any reasonable expectations. He’s given Gruden trust that he can put him in for series’ at a time.

If Jacobs is out, I fully expect Booker to get bell cow treatment. Richard has never been anything more than a 3rd down scatback type. He might catch more passes than Booker but I can’t see him getting more than 3-5 carries. Booker would be the guy to own. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
33 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If it was a more difficult matchup, I’d say Richard could be a decent play, but if they get ahead it’s gonna be all Booker. Richard is also just returning from injury.

16 minutes ago, pfish252000 said:

Raider fan here who doesn’t own any shares of any of these backs. My take, Gruden likes to ride with one RB. The only reason Jacobs isn’t being run into the ground this year (which is kinda silly to say considering he’s amongst the league leaders in carries) is because Booker has surpassed any reasonable expectations. He’s given Gruden trust that he can put him in for series’ at a time.

If Jacobs is out, I fully expect Booker to get bell cow treatment. Richard has never been anything more than a 3rd down scatback type. He might catch more passes than Booker but I can’t see him getting more than 3-5 carries. Booker would be the guy to own. 

What I wanted to hear?  No.  What I needed to hear?  You bet.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, YK35 said:

The man is game script dependant, plain and simple. Will be next year too. If they can keep it close you have a solid RB with upside, if they can't you best hope he scored a TD in the first quarter or you might be toast.

Very good RB2, he doesn't bring enough consistency to be a solid RB1.

This nonsense has got to stop, he's the RB6 on the season so far despite a slightly underwhelming season. He is an RB1. This is just the new reality of how NFL coaches use running backs. Is he a high end RB1 - no, is he a RB2 - no, he is a back end RB1 plain and simple. Just because it's not like it was in years past doesn't mean there are now 4 RB1s and 20 RB2s, it simply doesn't work that way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, stay_woke said:

This nonsense has got to stop, he's the RB6 on the season so far despite a slightly underwhelming season. He is an RB1. This is just the new reality of how NFL coaches use running backs. Is he a high end RB1 - no, is he a RB2 - no, he is a back end RB1 plain and simple. Just because it's not like it was in years past doesn't mean there are now 4 RB1s and 20 RB2s, it simply doesn't work that way. 

JJ has a respectable 15.7 PPR average (#13 PPR), however if you take out his 2 huge games, he averages just under 12 PPR points/game (#29 PPR).  He also has 3 games of under 10 points, 2 of them being total bust games of 5 or 6 points (PPR).  As a JJ owner, I expect a mid RB2 performance weekly, with upside.  I am a bit disappointed overall with his performance, but I realize it could be much worse.

Edited by AlexxelA

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said he "wouldn't expect" Josh Jacobs (ankle) to play in Week 14 against the Colts.

Gruden addressed Damon Arnette's, Jonathan Abram's, and Jacobs' statuses in one fell swoop, stating that he "wouldn't expect those guys to play right now" based on what they showed in practice last week. It's still early, but it sounds as if Jacobs is headed for another full week of DNPs before being ruled out. Devontae Booker barely out-snapped Jalen Richard 33-32 in the interim on Sunday but did notably handle 16 of Las Vegas' 23 running back carries as its go-to option on early downs. He'll rank as a touch-based RB2 if Jacobs does in fact sit against Indianapolis.

Not serious they said...