Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jubanton said:

Raiders coach Jon Gruden said he "wouldn't expect" Josh Jacobs (ankle) to play in Week 14 against the Colts.

Gruden addressed Damon Arnette's, Jonathan Abram's, and Jacobs' statuses in one fell swoop, stating that he "wouldn't expect those guys to play right now" based on what they showed in practice last week. It's still early, but it sounds as if Jacobs is headed for another full week of DNPs before being ruled out. Devontae Booker barely out-snapped Jalen Richard 33-32 in the interim on Sunday but did notably handle 16 of Las Vegas' 23 running back carries as its go-to option on early downs. He'll rank as a touch-based RB2 if Jacobs does in fact sit against Indianapolis.

Not serious they said...

If there's a positive to take out of the Gruden quote it's that he wasn't specifically speaking about JJ and his individual status.

Jacobs is one of the tougher RB's in the NFL, and as the raiders battle for the playoffs, I think he plays. 

/optimism

1 hour ago, jwilsonxo said:

If there's a positive to take out of the Gruden quote it's that he wasn't specifically speaking about JJ and his individual status.

Jacobs is one of the tougher RB's in the NFL, and as the raiders battle for the playoffs, I think he plays. 

/optimism

Ankle is pretty important to a running back

#reality

2 minutes ago, thebull315 said:

16 carries and 2 targets for 51 yards total is both bad and a part of the game plan. 

Second half Booker was playing. He played 2 snaps or something like in the first half 

Really not sure I could trust Jacobs even if he plays.

I mean, ankles are tough and easily tweaked.  Not to mention that Raiders usage of Jacobs has been pretty frustrating this year even when Jacobs was healthy using Booker so often.  And on top of it all, the matchup is tough although not sure the matchup overly worries me.

Obviously it would depend on your other options though.

I would think if there is any chance of him being able to play, he will play. Raiders are in do-or-die mode for playoff contention. This means a lot to Gruden, Mayock, and Carr as the patience for that experiment with fans is starting to wear thin. Just my opinion as a Raider fan.

• Like 1

Love Jacobs but seems very risky with ankle likely not 100% and the matchup. Torn on what to do with Jacobs. For his many good games this year, he has also had many bust games and sometime we see too much Booker and Richard. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
2 hours ago, Icehot15 said:

Love Jacobs but seems very risky with ankle likely not 100% and the matchup. Torn on what to do with Jacobs. For his many good games this year, he has also had many bust games and sometime we see too much Booker and Richard. [...]

In my league he is a top 5 RB, and the line is getting healthy. I am happily starting him.

I'm starting Gallman and Deebo over him. Like others have said, he's clearly not 100% and the matchup isn't great. Also, the chance that this is a CEH situation from a week ago is too much for me to take the risk in week 1 of the playoffs.