NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

Just now, Boudewijn said:

Kids shouldn't play for money. And nobody should play for a month's wages.

I mean, I sort of get that you're upset, but don't take it too far.

Let it go.

I'm not upset at all doesn't affect me in the least but I understand why some could be upset or annoyed.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

Honestly, why is everyone so worked up about this?  Who the hell follows Josh Jacob's IG account to find out his playing status?  Every Sunday I go to ESPN and look at their active/inactives list.  It's never been wrong for me once.  I've never even had the inclination to lookup each player's individual accounts to check out their individual statuses.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Honestly, why is everyone so worked up about this?  Who the hell follows Josh Jacob's IG account to find out his playing status?  Every Sunday I go to ESPN and look at their active/inactives list.  It's never been wrong for me once.  I've never even had the inclination to lookup each player's individual accounts to check out their individual statuses.

This is valid, I may have taken my analogies a bit too far haha. It's 2020 everyone likes to rant and rave this year I guess and to choose a side. I thought he tweeted it among other things didn't really delve into the background before I hopped into the conversation. Regardless I think his trolling is almost as bad as his YPC this year, but I agree with you. 

20 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Exactly... people need to chill.  

I’m also not sure why anyone has ever expected players to give a damn about fantasy football.  The league, yes... it’s a major money maker.  But the players care about real football; and I’m sure it gets annoying having hundreds of people ask them about their injury status every week on social media.

13 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Let’s all take a breather and realize that he played the full game without getting hurt...let’s also take into account that he will be ready to play the chargers this week which for most is a playoff week in fantasy. 

This

Plus the Raiders just fired their defense coordinator. Hopefully this means that the the interim coach would give the Chargers some hell and keep the Raiders ahead or at least behind by only one possession. This should bode well for Jacobs' usage.

Edited by jpark211
18 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Exactly... people need to chill.  

I’m also not sure why anyone has ever expected players to give a damn about fantasy football.  The league, yes... it’s a major money maker.  But the players care about real football; and I’m sure it gets annoying having hundreds of people ask them about their injury status every week on social media.

you had me until the annoying part/ social media.. they should develop thicker skin if thats a major annoyance in their life what a travesty, getting tweeted asking if they're injured  how do they get through day-day life with that type of weight on their shoulders man thats so stressful. Charles Barkley rips these mentally soft dudes who find reasons to whine and I love him for it. That may not apply to this case but in general. 

24 minutes ago, CroNY said:

you had me until the annoying part/ social media.. they should develop thicker skin if thats a major annoyance in their life what a travesty, getting tweeted asking if they're injured  how do they get through day-day life with that type of weight on their shoulders man thats so stressful. Charles Barkley rips these mentally soft dudes who find reasons to whine and I love him for it. That may not apply to this case but in general. 

Did he whine? No. He trolled them.  

Perhaps the fantasy football managers who are complaining need to be the ones with thicker skin.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Did he whine? No. He trolled them.  

Perhaps the fantasy football managers who are complaining need to be the ones with thicker skin.

"That may not apply to this case but in general. 

I am in the middle, I am Switzerland. I have no dog in this I've come around to it's not a big deal , but can see both sides opinions and his attempt at humor or trolling or whatever was more corny than funny. Have a good day!

9 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

His longest run was only for 16ish yards. He needs volume and a TD to get close to low end RB1 numbers.

He is great for 2 games and yeah 10-12 points normally I know...but did he look "healthy" throughout?  Any question about his status for this week?

1 hour ago, AlexxelA said:

He is great for 2 games and yeah 10-12 points normally I know...but did he look "healthy" throughout?  Any question about his status for this week?

He may have banged up this knee in one play but was back after a few plays. Nothing too alarming

We have the perfect medicine at home this week.

Chargers. 

+ D.C just got fired for the Raiders 

Sin City is going to smash 

Edited by RunCMC

I'm more of a fan after the tweets then before.  He's proven to a be tough as nails at a position that hasn't seen much of his sort of toughness since Thomas Jones retired.  And why shouldn't he have some fun with us gamblers if he wants to?  Not that Goodell probably hasn't given him a scolding for toying with the cash cow of the Nfl.  Let's face it, nothing has done more to increase interest/revenue while simultaneously destroying team sport fandom than fantasy.  Why else would anyone tune into a Bengals/Jets Thursday night game?  Unless you're the guy running out the Carr/Jacobs/Booker/Agholor/Ruggs/Renfrow/Waller/Carlson/LV stack, then you're rooting interest is deeply compromised.  From the perspective of a player, I think I might be a little miffed knowing there's a world of guys out there rooting for him while rooting against his Qb, or vice versa, or rooting for him in one league and against him in another, and then the next week something else.  Personally, I spent 25 years as a huge Bears fan, but now I only root for team Volcano Man, which is trotting out Jacobs tomorrow night in the semis.  Go Volcano Men!!!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

If game is out of hand and he breaks free for a score, will he run out at the 1 and flip everyone off?

... but he's also helping those playing against him if he pulls a stunt like that 🤷‍♂️

i bet he's too friggin' STOOOOOPID to realize that.