NBC Sports Edge Forums

Josh Jacobs 2020 Outlook

41 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

buddy keeps talking about his overall ranking, being oblivious of the fact his number was inflated by his week 1 anomaly...more often than not, jacobs WAS NOT HELPING YOU WIN. I mean is this guy also propping up lockett because he was the overall no.8 WR in PPR, but a WR4 or worse in 10 or so games? That KIND of extreme volatility in a game of randomness are NOT the types that help you win leagues... they might help you win a week, but are you sure you can trust em on weeks 14, 15, 16? Oh hellllll nah.

Ah the old take away his best game and he sucked argument, a tale as old as time.

Ok buddy, name how many running backs you would have rather owned than Jacobs this year and explain your reasoning.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FTFY

He's got the most rushing attempts in the league.  He's getting Trent Brown and Ruggs back this week.  Not worried at all.

CEH owner is going to enjoy the ride.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled Josh Jacobs programming.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, paulwall29 said:

Ah the old take away his best game and he sucked argument, a tale as old as time.

Ok buddy, name how many running backs you would have rather owned than Jacobs this year and explain your reasoning.

right so you're fine losing championships because your stud rb had a SICK week 1. Also i pretty much down broke his performances down in the prior post, which you casually dismissed. To sum that up, JACOBS PERFORMED WORSE IN FULL PPR THAN HALF PPR.

As for what backs i'd take ahead of him in no particular order. 
1. CMC
2. Henry
3. Kamara
4. Saquon
5. Dalvin
6. Chubb
7. Ekeler
8. Chubb
9. Taylor
10. Mixon
11. Robinson
12. Aaron Jones (tentative based on where he ends up)
13. Zeke (depending on daks health)
14. Swift (depending on AP bouncing)
15. Montgomery
16. Akers
17. Gibson
18. Dobbins

Yah you can argue taking jacobs between picks 12 to 18 somewhere, based on the free agency and potential timeshares of the others. But i project Jacobs ADP going in the top 2 rounds, and i'll GLADLY let others take him that early. I will have Zero shares of Josh Jacobs next year, and i'll be ecstatic over that choice by the end of 2021. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

right so you're fine losing championships because your stud rb had a SICK week 1. Also i pretty much down broke his performances down in the prior post, which you casually dismissed. To sum that up, JACOBS PERFORMED WORSE IN FULL PPR THAN HALF PPR.

1. CMC
2. Henry
3. Kamara
4. Saquon
5. Dalvin
6. Chubb
7. Ekeler
8. Chubb
9. Taylor
10. Mixon
11. Robinson
15. Montgomery
16. Akers
17. Gibson
18. Dobbins

Yah you can argue taking jacobs between picks 12 to 18 somewhere, based on the free agency and potential timeshares of the others. But i project Jacobs ADP going in the top 2 rounds, and i'll GLADLY let others take him that early. I will have Zero shares of Josh Jacobs next year, and i'll be ecstatic over that choice by the end of 2021. 

I was talking about in 2020. When did anyone bring up 2021? Again, name me all of the running backs you would have rather had in 2020 and explain your reasoning.

13 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

I was talking about in 2020. When did anyone bring up 2021? Again, name me all of the running backs you would have rather had in 2020 and explain your reasoning.

i like how you avoid all the points and just look at the end stats. hypothetically you would prefer the guy that has 160 pts all in one week than the guy that got 155, but averaged 9.9 a week, because at the end of the day he had more points, riight?. the fact you keep dismissing my arguments, is evidence that i no longer need to engage with a simpleton mindset. carry on.

Edited by TroutFister
13 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

i like how you avoid all the points and just look at the end stats. hypothetically you would prefer the guy that has 160 pts all in one week than the guy that got 155, but averaged 9.9 a week, because at the end of the day he had more points, riight?. the fact you keep dismissing my arguments, is evidence that i no longer need to engage with a simpleton mindset. carry on.

I'm confused by your argument, are you implying that there were many running backs that finished with lower point totals than him (and weren't hurt for much of the season) that were far more consistent? Again, name me the running backs you would have rather owned in 2020 (NOT in 2021) and explain your reasoning. I'm genuinely curious, a simpleton like myself could use some help.

Edited by paulwall29
1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

I'll make this easier for you. Here are the running backs that finished immediately behind JJ in PPR this year: Zeke, Hunt, Mike Davis, Gibson, MGIII, Hines, Drake, Swift, Carson, RoJo. What are your reasons for thinking any of these guys were more valuable than JJ in 2020? I'll give you a hint: giving you more consistent fantasy production over the course of the season isn't one of them.

Edited by paulwall29

Josh Jacobs looks great but I think will still be avoided similar to Mixon. Both of these players are on teams with not a ton of love. Their average games look bad when you take out the outliers which turns a lot of people off. People don't evaluate 1 week wins. I think Jacobs will win enough weeks to take on his own but unsure where I am willing to draft him.

I can see the argument for avoiding him in the second round of 2021 because obviously a lot has changed after this year. But I would have gladly taken him in the second this year. My early second round pick was mixon who I picked over jacobs as an example did barely nothing all year and to make it worst clogged up my bench all year long just in case he came back. With that said if there weren’t so many injuries and let’s just say hypothetically all the RBs were healthy all year long. He would have probably finished at like RB 13-15 or in that high end RB2 range. He is definitely a do not draft for me in the first 24 picks next year. But after that I think he should return equal value if there aren’t better options left on the board.

Edited by StevenSC400

I still think highly of Jacobs, regardless of his situation.  I honestly think this team will only get better next year.  If he does get suspended a game or two, his ADP could very well dip into 'absolute steal' territory.

On 1/5/2021 at 12:18 AM, TroutFister said:

1. CMC
2. Henry
3. Kamara
4. Saquon
5. Dalvin
6. Chubb
7. Ekeler
8. Chubb
9. Taylor
10. Mixon
11. Robinson
15. Montgomery
16. Akers
17. Gibson
18. Dobbins

#6 and #8