NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

Just now, Buck Showalter said:

With the news the game this week has been postponed until Monday or Tuesday,  he gets 24-48 more hours to clear protocol.  Hopefully he does!

A lot of risk if you don't have an alternative playing in that game and we find out Tuesday AM that he didn't clear (if they play Tuesday).

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

claypool/washington arent that terrible of fallbacks.

id roll the dice depending on options but wouldnt start someone like fitz or cooks

Claypool is a solid pickup regardless, so I think if you own Diontae it makes sense to have Claypool on the bench.  Dude might be a highly coveted fantasy asset towards the end of the season.  Definitely next year in dynasty/keeper leagues with Juju becoming an unrestricted free agent.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

claypool/washington arent that terrible of fallbacks.

id roll the dice depending on options but wouldnt start someone like fitz or cooks

What does Fitz or Cooks have to do with anything here? Just asking...not understanding the connection :)

16 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

What does Fitz or Cooks have to do with anything here? Just asking...not understanding the connection :)

I think he's making the case he would rather take his chances with DJ and a Claypool fallback instead of rolling out a WR like Fitz or Cooks to play it safe.  

• Thanks 1
On 9/29/2020 at 9:33 AM, stevieglick said:

Me too, I'm buying this guy wherever I can. 

Also just acquired hus services. [...] I'm happy to have him rest this week and even next if need be. All about the long haul. Excited to add him to ridley tyreek and fuller [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

It sounds like Diontae is progressing well.  I honestly wish the game was still happening tuesday.  My WR core is depleted.

Man I made a questionable trade that I'll keep to myself. But I'd like some more info on diontae.. Concussion status? Seems he's doing alright... Anyone know him or the offense really well? We think he keeps high end wr2 /low wr1 production whole season? 

• Haha 1

Cleared concussion protocol. Looks like the unintentional bye week ended up working out great for him.

My question: with Slay playing pretty well this year, is he going to shadow DJ or Juju this weekend? Does Slay follow players to the slot, or stay outside?

1 hour ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Cleared concussion protocol. Looks like the unintentional bye week ended up working out great for him.

My question: with Slay playing pretty well this year, is he going to shadow DJ or Juju this weekend? Does Slay follow players to the slot, or stay outside?

I just texted my friend who is an Eagles fan. He said Slay usually stays outside.

53 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

So lots of Slay on DJ? Oof, do not like that. 

Bet on the talent.

It’s not an ideal matchup, but what can you do.

Is Slay even that elite these days ? 

Serious question

He’s good I know that, but is he Prime shutdown Lions day good. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Bet on the talent.

It’s not an ideal matchup, but what can you do.

Is Slay even that elite these days ? 

Serious question

He’s good I know that, but is he Prime shutdown Lions day good. 

Like you said, he is still talented, but he is not shutdown good. Last week he injured his knee on a play, so he might even be a little hobbled. He had to come out after the play.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Not only that but he's been missing early week practices because of little dings, I think his toe was the latest.  So hopefully he's feeling good now.

• Like 1

Fyi Darius Slay should be covering James Washington.

Nickey Robey Coleman will be on JuJu

& Jalens Mills on our boy Diontae.

But this isn’t a 100% guaranteed 

It’s possible that Slay will shadow Johnson, and it’s also possible that Claypool will play ahead of Washington this week. But I think both of those are unlikely.

Slay tailed Terry McLaurin and A.J. Green in Weeks 1 and 3, but he has yet to shadow a smaller, shiftier receiver since joining the Eagles.

And Claypool received so much playing time in Week 3 primarily because Johnson was out.

I expect Slay will stick at left corner, where Washington will be the receiver he faces the most.

In the middle of a bounceback campaign, Slay has allowed only 7.0 yards per target this year and is yet to forfeit a touchdown.

• Like 2