NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

I’m as nervous as anyone about this guy but damn if he’s the guy at the end of your bench you’re considering dropping your team must be stacked.  I can’t imagine the waiver wire has more upside at this point either. He’s a hold and see in almost all cases. This week should be telling.

• Like 1
  • Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Yall can't be serious Lmao. He is that dude on this team. Easy WR1 and claypool deep threat to widen the field. Never forget, when healthy, Diontae Johnson is a stud.

WHEN HEALTHY is my biggest concern this year. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Fort4242 said:

Claypool is Martavis Bryant to DJs Antonio Brown

This would be an insult to Claypool.  Martavis Bryant was similar in height with speed but the guy was a one trick pony who only ran go routes.

• Like 1

Has anyone heard anything as to whether DJ will finally suit up again this week @ Ten?  I'm thinking it could be a pretty high-scoring game as Tannehill has been red hot for the Titans.

4 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Claypool is Martavis Bryant to DJs Antonio Brown

Martavis Bryant never scored 4 Tds in a game... Mapletron is on a whole nother level... 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Like 1

Starting to think the Pittsburgh pie isn't as large as I thought it would be / perceived to be. Ideal world- pie is split majority with Claypool and Diontae, with scraps for Juju and RB's / Ebron / Washington, but there's no target hog right now in this offense.

I think the upside for Diontae is now capped, unless he Usurps and goes back to his AB role...but the injuries are piling up.

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Starting to think the Pittsburgh pie isn't as large as I thought it would be / perceived to be. Ideal world- pie is split majority with Claypool and Diontae, with scraps for Juju and RB's / Ebron / Washington, but there's no target hog right now in this offense.

I think the upside for Diontae is now capped, unless he Usurps and goes back to his AB role...but the injuries are piling up.

his AB role? the guy has been basically hurt the whole season, he hasn't played enough to define a role.  what we have is a preseason projection.  everyone should be careful not to confuse a projection that has not shown itself on the field with a veteran role like what Brown had.  where you can count on him to go back to business as usual when he comes back from an injury.   his inability to stay on the field has given Claypool and Washington a shot at that primary role.  at this point it can be any of those 3 who lead this receiving corps.  and even though he hasn't shown it yet and is most likely on his way out after the season, JuJu can still be a factor if this passing game starts to stall

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, umphrey said:

I can't believe how many optimists there are about the 41st ranked WR last year and the 83rd ranked WR this year haha

Man I am reading some of these posts in this thread thinking the same thing... I had to make sure it was the right players thread lol. I’ve owned him last year and this year and he’s a good player no doubt but man lol

• Like 1

Just grabbed this guy as a FA, owner had dropped him before the waivers and no one put a claim. Already have Claypool, but definitely think the next 3 weeks are worth watching as long as all 3 are healthy. There's always gonna be 2 WR's that eat in this offense as long as Ben is healthy.

Edited by trolltoll
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, trolltoll said:

Just grabbed this guy as a FA, owner had dropped him before the waivers and no one put a claim. Already have Claypool, but definitely think the next 3 weeks are worth watching as long as all 3 are healthy. There's always gonna be 2 WR's that eat in this offense as long as Ben is healthy.

Yeah but which one.

I’m honestly worried about starting him this week.

No idea what his usage, or target share will look like in the current WR hierarchy.

And then this will be the week he plays the entire game .. and goes off for a 30 burger on my bench. lol

Chase Claypool emerging is a problem, however we want to slice it.

But I completely agree, on a week to week basis it’ll be 2 of 3 going off.

Them being JuJu, Diontae, or Chase.

3 hours ago, trolltoll said:

He showed up on more then one of my wires yesterday I noticed. Some of you guys might want to check to see if he got cut in your league. I'm not totally shocked as he's probably burned some people pretty hard but obviously he's not close to droppable. 

11 hours ago, umphrey said:

I can't believe how many optimists there are about the 41st ranked WR last year and the 83rd ranked WR this year haha

Exactly the guy hasn't done ANYTHING but show potential. At some point you have to perform on the field. 

I think he's more talented than JuJu or Washington so I believe those targets Washington got peppered with last week goes to DJ. My hope is that because a consistent thing. I don't think that's unfounded. There were numerous reports of Big Ben building chemistry with DJ in practice.

JuJu, I just don't see as a problem. Outside of 2 TDs in week 1, he has done nothing. And there have been numerous opportunities with the injuries. So floor for DJ is WR3, ceiling is WR2. Assuming he stays healthy.