NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

They broke down the defensive scheme at one point how the Ravens had focused a lot of attention on DJ. They made it a priority to stop him.

This sucked but he’s not injured and he was the focal point of the Ravens D. 

Reminds of the game Will Fuller had against the Ravens where he disappeared for the game and everyone freaked. Strong option still. Will Fuller turned out just fine. Duds happen. As long as he is healthy you plug him in unless in a shallow league.

15 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Reminds of the game Will Fuller had against the Ravens where he disappeared for the game and everyone freaked. Strong option still. Will Fuller turned out just fine. Duds happen. As long as he is healthy you plug him in unless in a shallow league.

I think this is a good way to knock yourself out of the playoffs, haha.  He's had duds more often than not, what are the chances he has 3 good games in a row at the end of the season?

32 minutes ago, umphrey said:

I think this is a good way to knock yourself out of the playoffs, haha.  He's had duds more often than not, what are the chances he has 3 good games in a row at the end of the season?

The only game he has has duds in is where he has gotten hurt right in the beginning of the game outside of this one.

5 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

6 games. 2 he missed due to injury. Other 3 of 4 he has had #1 target share in this offense. 

Actually have been 7 games. I've started him twice and he basically got 0 each time. I doubt I'm the only one with that type of outcome.

You guys keep going back and forth on DJ but the reality is none of these WR have really put a claim on anything. Ben is going to spread the ball and pass it to the open guy. It’s going to be a different WR going off each week. Good luck trying to figure out which week He goes off.

I'm just going to say it. You can't start Johnson in shallow leagues going forward. I don't care what his upside is, it's not worth the the headache of a very possible 1 point week. He's really just a waste of a roster space. 

It seems like we have a trend here - defenses are making it a point to stop either Claypool or DJ each game. This offense can support 3 fantasy-relevant WRs, but the defenses they're playing are preventing that.

It's not going to be fun guessing which man gets shut out of the game. Guess JuJu is the winner in this Pittsburgh WR roulette.

7 hours ago, FreakFries said:

They broke down the defensive scheme at one point how the Ravens had focused a lot of attention on DJ. They made it a priority to stop him.

This sucked but he’s not injured and he was the focal point of the Ravens D. 

Actually the defense didn’t focus a lot of attention from what I saw. Humphrey was on him along with others but it wasn’t like they were double teaming him. His hammy was bothering him I know that and Ben really didn’t look his way. He’s a boom or bust 

Henceforth he shall be known as Mr. Goose Egg.  

The times I started him this year, non-PPR

Week 1: 3 points

Week 2: 15 points 

Week 3: 0 points

Week 5: 0 points

Week 8: 0 points

And of course I benched him in Week 7 when he went off for 2 touchdowns.  Of course I did.

For everyone freaking out, Ben completed 4 passes in the first half for like 24 yards. 2nd half, they spread the defense out and it was all juju and Ebron over the middle of the field. He will be fine. 

• Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

For everyone freaking out, Ben completed 4 passes in the first half for like 24 yards. 2nd half, they spread the defense out and it was all juju and Ebron over the middle of the field. He will be fine. 

And Claypool. 

The idea that this guy is their WR1, something that was floating around the internet a lot, is a complete sham. For one, he's just too small. Is what it is. 

He may have some days, but there are three legitimate wrs on this team, plus conner, plus Ebron. 

The Steelers are going to blow the cowboys away next week, especially, if God Forbid, the Nooch starts for them. Will they even need to throw second half? 

I fear DJ was a sell high. 

Edited by Gandalfthecat
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Gandalfthecat said:

The Steelers are going to blow the cowboys away, especially, if God Forbid, the Nooch starts for them. Will they even need to throw second half? 

This is troubling, but I’m still running him out there against Dallas.  But his floor is in the cellar.