NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

35 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

The person below me explained the comparison better than I, but youre comparing 2 completely different seasons to now. Juju was better than both of them 3 years ago. Man what a hot take

Sure, then just look at this season - Claypool's outperformed with less opportunities.

This whole situation is clear as mud, IMO. Hence your statement that it's clear DJ is the top dog & most talented is what I called out as not at all clear. 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

Steeler fan, but I’m getting less hype on Johnson in fantasy. I think he’s a better real life receiver than a fantasy receiver. Just way too inconsistent (not necessarily his fault, lots of mouths to feed on the Steelers) and too injury prone to be relied upon in fantasy. 

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, trilly said:

Sure, then just look at this season - Claypool's outperformed with less opportunities.

This whole situation is clear as mud, IMO. Hence your statement that it's clear DJ is the top dog & most talented is what I called out as not at all clear. 

Are you talking in terms of fantasy production or real life production? Lets not forget that DJ ran back a punt return in the game he got hurt but a holding call limited that on his resume. Dont think people would be hyping up Claypool if that was on his PPR sheet. In real life, DJ is the more talented receiver, while Claypool is the better physical WR. Think Godwin, Mike Evans here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Andy Mick said:

Steeler fan, but I’m getting less hype on Johnson in fantasy. I think he’s a better real life receiver than a fantasy receiver. Just way too inconsistent (not necessarily his fault, lots of mouths to feed on the Steelers) and too injury prone to be relied upon in fantasy. 

There's no target leaders here and the passing offense is mediocre. This team doesn't want to lean on a 37 year old big ben off of major injury, and will continue to try to win with elite defense and game manager+ type of offense. I love Diontae's talent but he's in the Fuller camp where you just start him and hold your nose. A lot of this seems to be unlucky connected injuries, but who knows. 

WR carousel + on top of that Diontae 'Brittle' Johnson loves dropping 0's in my lineup. 3rd time now I believe

It's either 20 or a nice fat donut with this kid.  Maddening 

Now we got ourselves some major trust issues ... 

8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

There's no target leaders here and the passing offense is mediocre. This team doesn't want to lean on a 37 year old big ben off of major injury, and will continue to try to win with elite defense and game manager+ type of offense. I love Diontae's talent but he's in the Fuller camp where you just start him and hold your nose. A lot of this seems to be unlucky connected injuries, but who knows. 

The 2020 Will Fuller would like to have a word with u

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

Fool me once shame on me fool me twice you can’t get fooled again. Am I playing him this week against Dallas? Well I’m feeling lucky...

There is zero doubt I’m playing him as a flex against Dallas. 

• Like 1

Anyone worried about the game script this weekend? It's a great matchup on paper, but a couple weeks ago when PIT went up big early on CLE they barely threw the ball at all. 22 pass attempts for 162 yards total. 

With how big of a mismatch this is, the game could be over by halftime, and the passing game will go away. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, handyandy86 said:

Anyone worried about the game script this weekend? It's a great matchup on paper, but a couple weeks ago when PIT went up big early on CLE they barely threw the ball at all. 22 pass attempts for 162 yards total. 

With how big of a mismatch this is, the game could be over by halftime, and the passing game will go away. 

If the game is over by halftime, Johnson will have already ate.

17 minutes ago, rasrar said:

If the game is over by halftime, Johnson will have already ate.

Maybe? But he's far from the only one that can rack up yardage on the team. 

In their past 3 games, Cowboys have given up an average of only 171 passing yards, but 196 rushing yards. They've also given up defensive TDs in 2 of the last 3, and that was against worse defenses than PIT. They're also starting Garrett Gilbert at QB, so things aren't getting any better. 

I'm not saying Diontae can't have a big game, but it's very possible we see a defensive TD, a couple Connor TDs, and that's game. 

• Like 1

There will be no need for diontae blowup this game. Ebron will score first, then connor will take over and add couple TDs, and maybe they get a FG or two. 27-6 final

[...]

Edit: maybe replace one connor TD with a Def TD. This game is a joke

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
1 hour ago, handyandy86 said:

Maybe? But he's far from the only one that can rack up yardage on the team. 

In their past 3 games, Cowboys have given up an average of only 171 passing yards, but 196 rushing yards. They've also given up defensive TDs in 2 of the last 3, and that was against worse defenses than PIT. They're also starting Garrett Gilbert at QB, so things aren't getting any better. 

I'm not saying Diontae can't have a big game, but it's very possible we see a defensive TD, a couple Connor TDs, and that's game. 

It better be because the defense scored the TD's because I benched Diontae for an overhyped scrub on Thursday night.