Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

Seems like the most overrated fantasy option right now. So much potential every week yadda yadda problem is this passing offense is nowhere close to electric on normal games when the defense plays well, plus the offense is slow as molasses...

I'd love it if Juju was out. Diontae would soar. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leebattle said:

He's SO fast. He's electric. He should be a YAC machine. They seem to target him on lots of slot, crossing routes.

The reality is they also have Juju and Claypool. Claypool is looking like a beast.

 

I agree with your first sentence.  Second one I disagree with the Claypool part.  He might be a future beast, but the guy has awful hands right now.  I saw at least 3 drops yesterday.  I've seen 2 of them games and he dropped at least one the last one as well.  Yesterday they were some bad, right through the hands type drops.

Edited by Sternes
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sternes said:

 

I agree with your first sentence.  Second one I disagree with the Claypool part.  He might be a future beast, but the guy has awful hands right now.  I saw at least 3 drops yesterday.  I've seen 2 of them games and he dropped at least one the last one as well.  Yesterday they were some bad, right through the hands type drops.

Makes up for the drops with 12 ft high sideline snags that not many people can make. 

Edited by Thrill22
Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Ben on COVID list. Could still return in time for the game Sunday but that’s a concern for the Steeler’s offense.  Johnson was somewhat productive as a rookie last year with Rudolph under center, but overall I’d say it would be a concern for Johnson if Ben doesn’t play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FeastMode said:

Big Ben on COVID list. Could still return in time for the game Sunday but that’s a concern for the Steeler’s offense.  Johnson was somewhat productive as a rookie last year with Rudolph under center, but overall I’d say it would be a concern for Johnson if Ben doesn’t play.

 

He'll play I think. Same thing with Stafford last week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, brosephd said:

anyone here have both and start DJ and claypool?

 

I am due to bye weeks hoping for targets for DJ and some deep plays for Claypool.

I think Burrow will be able to put up points and make it competitive hopefully we don't have a game like last week.

Juju can also steal the spotlight and wouldn't be surprised if Washington steals another TD pass 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brosephd said:

anyone here have both and start DJ and claypool?

This week I’m going to have to , I don’t want to tho, thinking about trading one of them for Chris Godwin to the owner in my league that has the same dilemma with Godwin/ AB 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be noted that CIN starting CB (Darius Phillips) is OUT, his direct backup (Sims) is also OUT. Geno Atkins is OUT.

Also their nickel corner missed practice all week before returning yesterday.

This game is setup as a DJ/Claypool buffet affair...both of them are gonna be working on 3rd stringers plenty.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, brosephd said:

anyone here have both and start DJ and claypool?

I started them both last week, and I'm doing it again this week. 

I don't love it, but If I start one the other will invariably go off on my bench and I don't have other options that I feel great about. 

Would honestly prefer to trade Diontae if I could because of the number of times he's burnt me this year, but I'm trying not to be emotional about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Should be noted that CIN starting CB (Darius Phillips) is OUT, his direct backup (Sims) is also OUT. Geno Atkins is OUT.

Also their nickel corner missed practice all week before returning yesterday.

This game is setup as a DJ/Claypool buffet affair...both of them are gonna be working on 3rd stringers plenty.

 

 music 🎶 to my 👂 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

And John Ross WR on the Bengals, oft injured & always forgotten.

The team asked him to convert to corner for this week. Because they're so banged up.

In which he gladly accepted .. to finally get some playing time.

He hurt himself in practice today. So basically it's a sh1show over there in Cincy. 

Pittsburgh is going to smash.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

To that end, any worries about gamescript re: Johnson?

 

I think 2 out of Diontae, JuJu, Claypool will go off. 

Those are the three primary guys for Pit. Of those 3 , I would feel most confident starting DJ and/or Claypool. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I think with the wind Diontae becomes the safest.  It seems he has been targeted on short routes of late.  That should be helpful with the winds.

Defintely hurts Claypool and helps DJ and Juju.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...