NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

6 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Feel great about it, Johnson has the highest upside out of all those guys and all of them could be a bust. Give me the guy with all the targets on a great offense

Of the three-  Fuller has the highest upside unquestionably 

Woods has the best weekly floor(although this week admittedly wasn’t great)

Diontae is a combination of the two.   

tough choice weekly 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Of the three-  Fuller has the highest upside unquestionably 

Woods has the best weekly floor(although this week admittedly wasn’t great)

Diontae is a combination of the two.   

tough choice weekly 

agree with this assessment.

the one thing missing that all of us DJ owners have had to deal with tho, is that his floor due to injury any given week is low.  I know you aren’t supposed to plan for injury but his history in the first half of the season has caused us all to think a bit more than we probably should.  

that said I’m firing him up for the reasons you stated.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

He had been leading the WRs on this team in targets and Ben is cooking, outside injury when is he going to put a dud? 

I don't believe he was hurt in week 8 when he put up 1-6-0 on three targets. 

28 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I don't believe he was hurt in week 8 when he put up 1-6-0 on three targets. 

Not positive but think that was game he got injured towards beginning of game and then returned. So while he didn’t miss much time seemed like injury had impact.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He left hurt and missed around 2 quarters or more of action, returning late in the 4th to get that one grab.

1 minute ago, Joe Mama said:

Not positive but think that was game he got injured towards beginning of game and then returned. So while he didn’t miss much time seemed like injury had impact.

Gotcha. Thanks :). I'm actually encouraged to read that. Lol. 

Dude's a stud...he's definitely 1st on the pecking order here. Ben loves his "AB" outside guys and this guy fits the bill. Claypool / JuJu tie for 2a and 2b.

All of a sudden, this offense is loaded. Couldn't get Big Ben shares, but Ben's gonna fall apart if they keep leaning on him like this.

Hope Diontae can sustain WR2 value with WR1 upside any week. 

I am feeling another week like last...Jags are now down top cover corner CJ Henderson, and the other perimeter corner Sidney Jones is very questionable for the game.

Another matchup where both Claypool and DJ can simply eat up backup players. Yum.

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am feeling another week like last...Jags are now down top cover corner CJ Henderson, and the other perimeter corner Sidney Jones is very questionable for the game.

Another matchup where both Claypool and DJ can simply eat up backup players. Yum.

As a Jaguars fan, I can attest to this. Our starting cornerbacks will be Tre Herndon and 7th round pick Chris Claybrooks if Jones can't go. This could get very ugly quick.

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jagsfan05 said:

As a Jaguars fan, I can attest to this. Our starting cornerbacks will be Tre Herndon and 7th round pick Chris Claybrooks if Jones can't go. This could get very ugly quick.

People were saying the same thing about Dallas..

People were a bit surprised when i took him in the 6th round in our 14-teamer, except for our lone Steelers fan.. I maybe reached for him a round earlier than I would have wanted to. I even had several guys ranked above him that had more history to make them respectable options, but I ultimately looked at them all and saw them as older players in more volatile situations that made them arguably just as risky without the potential upside of a guy like Johnson. I decided to go with youth and speed playing on a top-5 scoring offense and a QB who can still sling it. I wanted to take my chances with the up and comer rather than settling for a guy who felt safer but who's production was unlikely to be much better than average even in ideal circumstances. When all things are generally equal in those middle rounds, I'll take the up-and-comer over a grisled vet or damaged goods, especially if the guy is in a premium situation. If he stays healthy the rest of the way, I'd feel pretty comfortable projecting Johnson somewhere around WR15-20 by season's end. That sounds like a steal to me.

Also, 16 targets is a beautiful thing.

19 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

People were a bit surprised when i took him in the 6th round in our 14-teamer, except for our lone Steelers fan.. I maybe reached for him a round earlier than I would have wanted to. I even had several guys ranked above him that had more history to make them respectable options, but I ultimately looked at them all and saw them as older players in more volatile situations that made them arguably just as risky without the potential upside of a guy like Johnson. I decided to go with youth and speed playing on a top-5 scoring offense and a QB who can still sling it. I wanted to take my chances with the up and comer rather than settling for a guy who felt safer but who's production was unlikely to be much better than average even in ideal circumstances. When all things are generally equal in those middle rounds, I'll take the up-and-comer over a grisled vet or damaged goods, especially if the guy is in a premium situation. If he stays healthy the rest of the way, I'd feel pretty comfortable projecting Johnson somewhere around WR15-20 by season's end. That sounds like a steal to me.

Also, 16 targets is a beautiful thing.

Going into the draft either he was undervalued or Juju was overvalued.  It seemed like a just about even bet between the two on which one would be more productive this year, with Juju having history of production with Ben and Diontae looking better last year.  So why pick the one who has 4th round price tag when you can have the other one in round 7-8?  Fortunately looks like we chose right.

Similar to a dilemma between Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley.  Last year they both scored nearly even while both healthy, but one went about 3 rounds earlier.  Good value in both situations.

• Like 1