NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, lml417 said:

Amari Cooper just went 6/112/1 against WAS. set and forget this week?
Why is WAS ranked so high against WRs?

their DL is a top unit.  Diontae short balls will be plentiful. 8-10 catches incoming 

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, lml417 said:

Amari Cooper just went 6/112/1 against WAS. set and forget this week?
Why is WAS ranked so high against WRs?

They've feasted off bad offensive teams all year, specifically poor qb-wr combos. Cards is legit but Ravens? Pretty much only Lamar. Rams? Great WR but QB? Trash. That division is weak as ish this year. 

Owned him for a couple of games and got frustrated and had to make room on my roster so I dropped him. Non biased opinion here but he looks like a young Antonio brown to an extent. The only concerns are he seems to be a bit more fragile but basically a must start moving forward. Good for you guys that stuck it out with him. 

17 hours ago, rigadoog said:

I missed the game, 12 targets and a TD, but apparently he had drops again?

He was seemingly always open.   I remember two drops, maybe not official stat drops but definitely should have caught both.   TD was, IIRC, him getting open after Ben shrugged off his first couple of looks.   JuJu was pedestrian, Claypool didn't seem to get much use, and Ebron had even worse drops than Diontae.

If they can't fix the run game, Diontae's short route prowess has to keep him heavily targeted.   

16 hours ago, BrianM said:

He was seemingly always open.   I remember two drops, maybe not official stat drops but definitely should have caught both.   TD was, IIRC, him getting open after Ben shrugged off his first couple of looks.   JuJu was pedestrian, Claypool didn't seem to get much use, and Ebron had even worse drops than Diontae.

If they can't fix the run game, Diontae's short route prowess has to keep him heavily targeted.   

After the second drop, I did see Ben pass up an open Diontae short over the middle on 3rd down that would have likely netted a 1st down. Threw, instead, to Ebron, who came up short of the 1st. 

I just hope that doesn’t keep happening.