NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

9 hours ago, yanksman said:

I like him and all and he did fine but I just thought it was a weird comment after Juju's game. 

They had similar stats.  DJ more targets.  Juju 12 more yards.  Juju just happened to grab the TDs last night.  

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

There was a drive where Ben looked his way like 5 times in a row. The muffed punt and lack of TDs was unfortunate but I'm very happy with the volume.

He’s electric in small spaces— reminds me of Manny Sanders in his prime. 

promising start 

14 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Kid is talented, should be a solid season. 81-1007-6? 

I think both DJ and JuJu could surpass 1200 yards. Ben looked lost the entire first half last night - him being out a year really showed with stupid delay of game penalties, some really bad accuracy, offensive line looking like they just woke up. 

Things turned around as the game went on. If Connor is truly the better back, having him back there would only help the offense as a hole (or at least some idea of who the starter is). 

I think the offense didn't really completely gel last night (got better as things went on) but I'm excited for week 2. Think we'll really see what this Steelers offense will look like for the rest of the year. 

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

They had similar stats.  DJ more targets.  Juju 12 more yards.  Juju just happened to grab the TDs last night.  

On JuJus second TD Johnson was also open running across the middle for an easy TD.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

I think both DJ and JuJu could surpass 1200 yards. Ben looked lost the entire first half last night - him being out a year really showed with stupid delay of game penalties, some really bad accuracy, offensive line looking like they just woke up

Things turned around as the game went on. If Connor is truly the better back, having him back there would only help the offense as a hole (or at least some idea of who the starter is). 

I think the offense didn't really completely gel last night (got better as things went on) but I'm excited for week 2. Think we'll really see what this Steelers offense will look like for the rest of the year. 

Their OL did seem shaky in the beginning. Worth noting they lost 2 guys to injuries as the game progressed, one of which seemed bad(Banner). Hopefully their OL play isn't an issue all year because Ben is definitely one of those QBs who takes his sweet time in the pocket

Any projections for this week, playing at home vs DEN ? 

I'm wondering if Washington and/or Claypool is emerging in the offense at all, or am I looking too deep into it.

Team high 10 targets was just lovely, that was very promising moving forward. 

Would be great if a Steeler fan could chime in. TIA 

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Any projections for this week, playing at home vs DEN ? 

I'm wondering if Washington and/or Claypool is emerging in the offense at all, or am I looking too deep into it.

Team high 10 targets was just lovely, that was very promising moving forward. 

Would be great if a Steeler fan could chime in. TIA 

No Steeler fan, but was very encouraged with last night.  Just an awful first half but they stuck with Johnson and kept going his way and he looked great in the second half.  To me it's Juju > Diontae >>>> the rest.  Granted the other pieces do have talent and will take targets, which probably leaves Diontae's upside somewhat limited.  One thing to note is I believe 2 of his targets were just throwaways by Big Ben where he was the closest guy.

If Denver is able to focus on Juju the way they did AJ Brown leaving the other options open next week, Diontae could have a big game.

• Like 1

Diontae Johnson = 10 targets

Juju SS = 6 targets

Juju's TDs were flukish. Even in 2018, he scored a grand total of just 7 TDs. Don't expect Juju to be a TD-producer moving forward.

We learned that Diontae Johnson is the Steelers true WR1 and will very likely outscore Juju on the season.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Juju SS = 6 targets

Juju's TDs were flukish. Even in 2018, he scored a grand total of just 7 TDs. Don't expect Juju to be a TD-producer moving forward.

We learned that Diontae Johnson is the Steelers true WR1 and will very likely outscore Juju on the season.

I thought all off-season that it was possible that Johnson is the top Steeler WR - but in no way can we say definitively after one game that Diontae will out-target JuJu on the season.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

Juju SS = 6 targets

We didn't learn anything in one game to say that as a definitive statement

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I’d probably ask for McCaffrey as well, just to make sure you don’t get ripped off

Already have him!  Haha

I know may seem crazy question....I was worried MT could be out long time.

Going to take the trade. Worth the gamble.  Good luck!

47 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

You guys talking bout the same Diontae Johnson that played the other night?

He looked like ****.

he looked really good later in the game after having a rough start and they kept going to him all night despite his woes, with a 35% target share. How can you not see that this was his absolute floor?

15 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

he looked really good later in the game after having a rough start and they kept going to him all night despite his woes, with a 35% target share. How can you not see that this was his absolute floor?

He looked alright, not really good in the second half after making 3 or 4 terrible mistakes. No doubt the target share is there. I'm just not seeing the skill behind this hype. And I remember a lot of ugly mistakes from last year too.