NBC Sports Edge Forums

Diontae Johnson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah of course! Here's the tweet from Brooke Pryor:   Ben said it in today's press conference at 10:42 min.  

This guy is facinating. The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and

Posted Images

This thread is way too quiet. I guess everyone is focused on the weekend of injuries and worrying about replacements, but in an otherwise bad news week, this guy kept me in the win column and a big smile on my face.  I'm so pumped to have him in my keeper league.  He's the real deal.  

Stay healthy, Big Ben!

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

He's going to be an awfully fun player to own especially in PPR leagues. 

Who woulda thought that he would turn into a PPR Stud. 

Since he's considered the burner on the team, with JuJu being in the slot. 

But you love to see it. 

Coming from a Steelers fan....congrats on whoever owns this Stud, don’t have any shares because I thought there were too many mouths to feed in this offense, but man I wish I did. He’s crushing his ADP I’d imagine. 

Edited by Tomei7
Just now, RunCMC said:

But you love to see it. 

Apparently he’s filled the AB role for Ben which happens to be the most lucrative WR position in all of football lol 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Apparently he’s filled the AB role for Ben which happens to be the most lucrative WR position in all of football lol 

I wanted to say that but I didn’t want to jinx the guy(from a personality standpoint)knock on wood please.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1
On 5/19/2020 at 3:45 AM, MrCantaloupe said:

This guy is facinating.

The Steelers had a 1st round grade on him coming out of Toledo when they drafted him #66 overall. As a rookie, he led all NFL wide receivers in separation yards (2.39) and finished the year as the #39 wide receiver in PPR (163.1 points) - all while playing less than two thirds of the available snaps on a Steelers team that passed for only 186 yards and 1.1 TDs per game. The only receiver to outscore him in PPR leagues while playing fewer snaps was Tyreek Hill.

Now Big Ben is back.

In 71 games completed by Ben over the last 6 years, he's averaged 40 throws and 310 yards per game. Following his week 2 injury in 2019, the Steelers attempted only 30 throws per game.

Conservatively, let's say Ben regresses from his usual 40 throws to the league average of 35 and Diontae Johnson's snaps remain the same. One could draw the conclusion that this increase in throws (16.7%) leaves Diontae Johnson with a potential floor of about 190 points (barring injury, yada yada).

If Ben finds a way to chuck the ball 40x per game and Diontae Johnson increases his snap share to match the average of the 38 receivers who finished ahead of him in 2019 (79.5%), we may have ourselves a top 10 WR (~263.5 points).

There are so many other factors to consider, but I'm not gonna overthink this one and miss out on the upside.

Giddy up.

Stud.

Big Ben has averaged 36.5 throws per game, and DJ has a 84.5% snap share. Currently on pace for 263.2 points in PPR. Let's goooo!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Question for owners:

What's your price?

Depends how high you value him, this is a break out star in the making. Injuries are popping up left and right i wouldnt take anything other than a High Wr2 or even a low WR1 right now. He is basically Ridley on this offense and could be a league winner if he is able to stay healthy

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

But you love to see it. 

I have him in both of my larger money leagues - one of which is a dynasty PPR, the other a seasonal/non PPR.  He just looked so fantastic last year as a rookie with hot garbage throwing to him - Matt Waldman also loved him coming out of college.  I truly think there's some credibility to the notion that they drafted Claypool knowing that JuJu is a FA after this year and they already knew what they had with Diontae.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
8 minutes ago, Heizz said:

I’m trying to package him with a boom/bust type WR (Djax) for a low end RB1 in Ekeler. Having some traction.

Good luck getting the worse end of that deal?  Caveat that with: I'm unsure the format you play in or if RB is a real issue for your team.

Diontae has seen 23 targets in two weeks - as long as Big Ben is behind center, this guy is going to have a phenomenally good season.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
1 hour ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Question for owners:

What's your price?

He's one of those players that I consider untouchable unless I'm blown away with an offer. Especially, in any type of keeper league setting. His upside is immense in this offense that's led by a seemingly healthy Big Ben.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

He's one of those players that I consider untouchable unless I'm blown away with an offer. Especially, in any type of keeper league setting. His upside is immense in this offense that's led by a seemingly healthy Big Ben.

Exactly my thought. The upside is so high that I would have to take something unbelievable. Ridley is a name to mind I would take, the WR2s im not moving him. He is that good

• Like 1

in a league i went robust rb and kelce and higbee he was my first wr in round 7 in a 12 teamer in a 350 dollar league. I pray he and big ben stay together all season. If you have the roster space claypool is a stash incase something sad happens to diontae. The way I see it juju is juju dionate is filling something similar to an ab role and claypool is the martavis bryant role.although juju and bryant rarely worked together from what I recall..

6 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Here's your problem - you won't get blown away by an offer... at least not yet.  After an upper tier PPR season this year, certainly could see that.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Good luck getting the worse end of that deal?  Caveat that with: I'm unsure the format you play in or if RB is a real issue for your team.

Diontae has seen 23 targets in two weeks - as long as Big Ben is behind center, this guy is going to have a phenomenally good season.

You would value him next to Ekeler (PPR league)?

To me, that would be a clear overpay.