NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

On 11/9/2020 at 2:02 PM, kyoun1e said:

He's going to get mass dropped this week and I have a feeling it is going to be a mistake. After the NE matchup where maybe he faces Gilmore, this is what BALT has on the schedule:

TN, @PIT, DAL, @CLE, JAX, NYG

Those are all good matchups for WRs. 

He's busted (along with Jackson) in these matchups before, but for the WR needy, this will be the perfect time to pounce on Brown.

I'm holding.

matchups mean nothing if the qb can't get him the ball...hard to see that changing ROS

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.Joshua said:

Anyone know if Gilmore is going to play this week? It would at least make Brown a wr 3.

Yeah I’d like to know, still nothing from the media, Hollywood dumpster fire so far. W3 no Gilmore agree, 6+ targets

Yeah week 10 was nasty. Hollywood is fed up.  Just not getting the ball even when open. You’d think the OC could scheme some plays for him. Another L, Ravens in playoff danger, not good.

6 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

No crossing patterns, slants, WR screens.....unless they get Brown 5 to 10 yards away Lamar can't complete it to him.

They have no idea how to use a wr like Brown.  

hint:  Jump balls on the boundary against a bigger cb playing inside position ain’t it 

Ravens are frauds 

• Like 6

What boggled my mind is with BALT down by 6 on the last drive what was the first play call? A two yard out to M. Andrews.

This offense has no clue how to drive the ball down the field. It's pathetic how Jackson when in passing situations really is looking to just dump it off to Andrews or Snead over the middle. There is zero attempt to get the ball deeper outside the hash marks.

It's not Brown's failure. It is the failure of the unimaginative offensive coordinator and Jackson.

Regardless, tough to hold him. 

Can you imagine Hollywood on the Chiefs?  Or the Saints?

Drool.

But I think I am going to have to drop him so I will not keep starting him.

Lost season.  And Lamar does love him some Willy Snead!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

They have no idea how to use a wr like Brown.  

hint:  Jump balls on the boundary against a bigger cb playing inside position ain’t it 

Ravens are frauds 

Run a better route. It was an out and up and he didn't stack the corner. He's supposed to be a speedster and can't separate against NFL corners. All the while complaining about not getting the ball. Stop getting railroaded to the sideline. Get YAC for a change. Break a tackle. 

How about actually be physical and attack the ball? Get off the line of scrimmage without getting jammed for a change. 

Edited by Deuce1042
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

What boggled my mind is with BALT down by 6 on the last drive what was the first play call? A two yard out to M. Andrews.

This offense has no clue how to drive the ball down the field. It's pathetic how Jackson when in passing situations really is looking to just dump it off to Andrews or Snead over the middle. There is zero attempt to get the ball deeper outside the hash marks.

It's not Brown's failure. It is the failure of the unimaginative offensive coordinator and Jackson.

Regardless, tough to hold him. 

To who? Miles Boykin? 

Hollywood talking about not using their souljas...well they gave you a shot bruh. You getting guarded by New England's #2 and #3 corner. And you can't beat him one on one. Y'all not being honest about Hollywood. Good receiver but he needs to play slot because he's not a WR1. 

• Like 1