NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is pissed and Lamar acknowledged it today - huge game incoming.     3 receptions for 32 yards - book it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqokPo2TggI   The new Mr. Big Chest.  I'm buying everywhere probably earlier than most would.  Love everything about him this year a lot of which is already m

Only because Cleveland couldn’t keep up. If the game was kept close at all Brown would have had 200. Must start WR1 versus Houston.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, joshua18 said:

He’s risen to about 5th rd ADP in high-stakes leagues, which is around where Chark and Lockett go.

At what point$$ does a league become high stakes ?. I personally took him over chark and with Lockett on the 5-6 turn fwiw.  

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mikeflavaz said:

The real thing that is absurd is the thought that Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore offense can't somehow support Brown enough for a breakout year, which is something I've heard far too often and I find completely ridiculous.  I'm all in on a Hollywood breakout.  

Yeah... and listening to people say something like a top 12 finish is “out of the realm of possibilities”... come on. Anything is possible. 
He has talent and is the #1 WR in a great offense with a year of experience under his belt. 

• Like 1

I think the foot injury is scaring people off or something.

Normally I go heavy at the RB position in the draft and stock up.  I grabbed Derrick Henry and Fournette early in my 12-team Friends and Family 0.5 PPR.  QB's go early in that league because passing TDs are also worth 6 points, which shifts ADPs for the other positions around a bit.  I had #1 overall pick (snake draft), so when it came back to my picks at the end of the 6th / 1st pick of the 7th, Antonio Gibson and Marquise Brown were both still sitting there available.

I wanted to grab Brees or David Montgomery or a TE or another RB, but Antonio Gibson is intriguing and I didn't feel like I could let Marquise Brown just sit there.  After I took Marquise Brown there, the rest of my bench also ended up being almost all high-upside WRs.  Someone should pop, and I would have felt really stupid leaving this guy on the table in the 7th Round only for him to put up 1,200 / 13 TDs.

Basically, his upside to me is somewhere between Tyreek Hill's 1,183 receiving yards / 75 catches in 2017, and Tyreek's 1,479 receiving yards / 87 catches in 2018.

Edited by Robrain
4 minutes ago, Robrain said:

Basically, his upside to me is somewhere between Tyreek Hill's 1,183 receiving yards / 75 catches in 2017, and Tyreek's 1,479 receiving yards / 87 catches in 2018.

lord I hope you’re right. I think he’s going to have a spectacular year but 1479 yards would be a dream come true

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

lord I hope you’re right. I think he’s going to have a spectacular year but 1479 yards would be a dream come true

Literally just depends on how many 60+ bombs the duo connect on.  Boom/bust the whole way.

On 9/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, joshua18 said:

I’d rather have Chark or Lockett at his ADP range

just drafted (12 team 0.5 ppr) and got him in the 8th round (pick 93) if he was going several rounds earlier i can see the dilemma 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Yeah I think this one could be a shootout.  Like Hollywood a lot in this match up.  

I feel like it may be a 42-13 score line, in favor of Baltimore. Houston is so outmatched in this game. I don't get where people think it's going to be a shoot out? Watson has nobody to throw to. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

I feel like it may be a 42-13 score line, in favor of Baltimore. Houston is so outmatched in this game. I don't get where people think it's going to be a shoot out? Watson has nobody to throw to. 

I think it's a shoot out as well.

Baltimore does have great D, but just one of those games. 

5 hours ago, metropolitans said:

Big first half, quiet second half. How u guys feeling about Hollywood in wk2 vs Houston? 

Only because Cleveland couldn’t keep up. If the game was kept close at all Brown would have had 200.

Must start WR1 versus Houston.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Dude should be able to roast Texans secondary. 

Not so fast.

CB Roby held T. Hill in check for most of the KC game. Got a late TD that saved his game. He is most likely going to lock onto Brown.

Not a great matchup at all. Not expecting a ceiling game. That said, not expecting a bust either. Temper expectations understanding the CB matchup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Not so fast.

CB Roby held T. Hill in check for most of the KC game. Got a late TD that saved his game. He is most likely going to lock onto Brown.

Not a great matchup at all. Not expecting a ceiling game. That said, not expecting a bust either. Temper expectations understanding the CB matchup.

yea...hoping for a shootout bc andrews and the rbs seem to get more of the redzone love so far. 

7 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Not so fast.

roby didn’t lock him up alone tho. They played a lot of double coverage over the top. They probably don’t think brown is quite the threat hill is and do less doubling because they need every man they can in the box to stop the run game... but I could be wrong 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

U think so? I might start Emmanuel Sanders over him now that he's the #1 in NO, definitely a tough spot bc i think Hollywood has a big game too, but Sanders volume is too tempting now

I have both guys too and gonna stick with Brown - match-up is too good and he is their guy at WR.

Sanders could potentially see an uptick but we still don't know the chemistry he may or may not have with Brees plus I think they will shift more targets to Cooks/Kamara/Hill and also run Murray more.