NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marquise Brown 2020 Outlook

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is pissed and Lamar acknowledged it today - huge game incoming.     3 receptions for 32 yards - book it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqokPo2TggI   The new Mr. Big Chest.  I'm buying everywhere probably earlier than most would.  Love everything about him this year a lot of which is already m

Only because Cleveland couldn’t keep up. If the game was kept close at all Brown would have had 200. Must start WR1 versus Houston.

Posted Images

This HAS to be the week.

Squeaky wheel usually gets the grease. Jackson acknowledged Brown's misuse.

The INDY D is kind to WRs, but tougher against the run game.

The game is indoors so no weather issue.

If M. Brown doesn't get at least one successful deep shot this week he's going to get dropped massively.

I'm leaning towards starting him [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

This HAS to be the week.

Squeaky wheel usually gets the grease. Jackson acknowledged Brown's misuse.

The INDY D is kind to WRs, but tougher against the run game.

The game is indoors so no weather issue.

If M. Brown doesn't get at least one successful deep shot this week he's going to get dropped massively.

I'm leaning towards starting him [...]

If not this week, when? He might be buds with Lamar, but it's not helping get Jackson to throw accurate passes. Big waste of talent so far this season. Lamar has regressed to a point of pathetic NFL passer, no sorry RB who throws sometimes.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, hard1 said:

And already cloudy situation gets cloudier...I mean dez can have Boykins and duvernays targets... but of he comes in a hogs browns 3 to 4 as well this dude is cooked

I doubt he'll be a threat to Marquise, unless he's somehow his old self. He's probably a greater threat to Mark Andrews and in the red zone. Hollywood will still be Lamar's top option downfield. They need to connect, of course.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

I doubt he'll be a threat to Marquise, unless he's somehow his old self. He's probably a greater threat to Mark Andrews and in the red zone. Hollywood will still be Lamar's top option downfield. They need to connect, of course.

Id love if they'd connect

He's going to get mass dropped this week and I have a feeling it is going to be a mistake. After the NE matchup where maybe he faces Gilmore, this is what BALT has on the schedule:

TN, @PIT, DAL, @CLE, JAX, NYG

Those are all good matchups for WRs. 

He's busted (along with Jackson) in these matchups before, but for the WR needy, this will be the perfect time to pounce on Brown.

I'm holding.

1 hour ago, Bluetaco88 said:

So many talented WR's across the league being held back by mediocre (AT BEST) passers, Hollywood Brown included.

Tell Greg Roman to stop sending him on go routes constantly and he'd probably get the ball more. He's 5'9 180 pounds and is supposed to be Baltimore's WR1. He's WR2 on any team with a good core. 

7 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

Tell Greg Roman to stop sending him on go routes constantly and he'd probably get the ball more. He's 5'9 180 pounds and is supposed to be Baltimore's WR1. He's WR2 on any team with a good core. 

God forbid they could do some Tyreek Hill type stuff at the line of scrimmage or sweeps to let this guy get some RAC.

So unimaginative. 

• Like 1
Just now, kyoun1e said:

God forbid they could do some Tyreek Hill type stuff at the line of scrimmage or sweeps to let this guy get some RAC.

So unimaginative. 

They don't know how to use him. He had a good play on an RPO slant (something they haven't run a ton this year with him), not used in the screen game, doesn't run a lot of crossers, sweeps, nothing. Just go routes and comebacks. Also had a good catch on a dig, but I wish they'd give Boykin (or Dez in the future) that route and let Hollywood run over top of it. He's fast and he's short. Get him the ball in space. Why does he almost always run deep? 

But to be honest, WRs have always been under emphasized in Greg Roman offenses. Michael Crabtree had a good year one year. 

• Like 2

It's not like Hollywood is a bad route runner. If you wanted to use a speedy guy to occupy DBs deep, why can't Duvernay do that? You can use deep routes to open up routes underneath...but teams know Baltimore wants to do that and they sit on those routes. So why not do the opposite and take advantage of teams down the field who basically play one high safety all game? It's just not emphasized in their offense enough. 

At least last year they kept teams honest and threw over top of them if it was available. 

Edited by Deuce1042
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

He's going to get mass dropped this week and I have a feeling it is going to be a mistake. After the NE matchup where maybe he faces Gilmore, this is what BALT has on the schedule:

TN, @PIT, DAL, @CLE, JAX, NYG

Those are all good matchups for WRs. 

He's busted (along with Jackson) in these matchups before, but for the WR needy, this will be the perfect time to pounce on Brown.

I'm holding.

Yes, Hoping he kills it down the stretch.

3 minutes ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

He’s not a one trick pony, his quarterback is. His route tree is actually impressive for a speedster. 

Yeah, you're right. I was mistaken after looking more into it. Thanks for the correction!

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 2

He is an easy sit this week IMO - watching the Pats try to play run defense is hysterical.  They are razor thin on the DLINE/LB positions and they have been giving up massive yards on the ground.  Ravens will run it down theirs throats.

• Haha 1

3 weeks ALL season of double digit fantasy production.

Weeks 1-6 all had 6+ targets, Weeks 7&8 7 combined.

Good schedule or not, I have a hard time seeing WR3 production.  

• Thanks 1