NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather go down with the motha ******** pontoon boat if i received that poop dick of an offer. 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) out for Week 1 (One week later) "...The issue here is the pain Golladay would feel when trying to raise his arms above his head to catch passes. "    

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

im not too familiar with his injury timeline but is there a chance he is coming back too soon and could re-aggravate it? he originally got the injury in the week leading up to week 1?

spacer.png

Edited by trolltoll
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, Gmen07 said:

Only thing I’ve seen is a bogus tweet from a fake Rapoport account. I assume that’s what he was referring to. 

Damn sorry. That’s the one I saw. Didn’t look closely enough 

• Like 1
On 9/23/2020 at 1:03 PM, umphrey said:

Last year he stunk against AZ, any idea why ? 

Hockenson soaked up all the targets/rec yards, then the Lions went into super-conservative mode once they got out to a lead.  Certainly could happen again, as the Lions CS has shown 0 willingness to change at all, but I wouldn't let it dissuade you from playing Kenny if he suits up.

12 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Hockenson soaked up all the targets/rec yards, then the Lions went into super-conservative mode once they got out to a lead.  Certainly could happen again, as the Lions CS has shown 0 willingness to change at all, but I wouldn't let it dissuade you from playing Kenny if he suits up.

Wouldn't worry about them being too conservative as they're going to hemorrhage points to Kyler and Co.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

At this point if he's not close to 100% I'd rather they hold him out through the bye so we can have him at 100% for the stretch. No sense of going out there at 75% and making it worse.

Agreed - hope he rests up and makes it for next week 100% opposed to tweaking it this week and out for another few weeks. 

Reminds me a lot of the Evans situation pre-week 1. Lots of uncertainty as to whether he was playing or not. Evans didn't even practice before the game but ended up playing, got shadowed by Lattimore, and ended up with one catch for a short touchdown, but he did draw two huge pass interference penalties.

I'd say Golladay is in much better shape to play than Evans was for that game, based on the fact that Golladay has actually practiced the past couple days and from what I saw he looked decent. I know they weren't full participation. Obviously he isn't 100%, as he himself declared, but I believe he suits up and plays. He might not be 100% effective, and Patrick Peterson may shadow him.

Lots of people are going to say decoy, snap count, or bench him, but I think if he's playing it's a good sign that they feel comfortable putting him out there seeing as how they said he was really close last week and sat him just to be cautious.

Playing him in your lineup this week pretty much comes down to what your other options are. For what it's worth I think he's in better shape than Evans was in week 1 and if it weren't for Evans being interfered with on two long passes his day would've looked much better than the box score indicates. Since then, despite playing on what seemed to be a very iffy hamstring in Week 1, Evans has looked more like himself without any real complications, maybe a touch slower or less agile, but that could be due to no training camp or preseason as well. Unfortunately these hamstring injuries are something that you'll be wincing about while watching him for the next month or two before you really feel like this is in the rear view. 

• Like 1

Mind games maybe ? Like why would he or the coaching staff let me him suit up when's he not at a 100%.

Strange is all. If that truly is the case why even risk it at this point. Just sit out another week & get right.

Are the Lions really starving for a Win ? Could be ... Coaching staff on the hot seat, they need Kenny to play.