Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:


He was proven as elite. If you want to learn a lesson, don’t pick guys in a contract year who are unhappy about not getting an extension.


Same lesson I was thinking about earlier today as I was contemplating his situation. Runners up were don’t draft players on a team run by Matt Patricia, and don’t draft any Lions. 

Edited by vikesrube
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather go down with the motha ******** pontoon boat if i received that poop dick of an offer. 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) out for Week 1 (One week later) "...The issue here is the pain Golladay would feel when trying to raise his arms above his head to catch passes. "    

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, vikesrube said:


Same lesson I was thinking about earlier today as I was contemplating his situation. Runners up were don’t draft players on a team run by Matt Patricia, and don’t draft any Lions. 

Going forward, I will likely avoid guys on a contract year who want an extension. Obviously there are some cases where you can draft guys who only have one year remaining, but it was pretty clear Golloday wasn’t happy. Mixon, Cook and Kamara were on my do not draft list until they got extended before the season started.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Golladay contract was look like it was happening but something went off, possibly golladay asking more than offered. And the lions backed out. I dont see it happening now and possibly thinking franchise tag him next year and golladay asking a long term contract with a new team

Edited by Martinlongbow
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

If the injury is fake then wouldn’t that make this play fake? I just can’t see that. 
 

http://www.instagram.com/p/CHF2GRGDGoB/


Thanks for this, I hadn’t seen it.  That makes me think it might be a strained hip flexor.  


If it’s a soft tissue injury like that, could make sense that it’s difficult to place a timetable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


Thanks for this, I hadn’t seen it.  That makes me think it might be a strained hip flexor.  


If it’s a soft tissue injury like that, could make sense that it’s difficult to place a timetable.

This is why I can't wrap my head around the "he is not injured" approach. I can't see any pro athlete with any sort of competitive spirit go through that kind of act. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is why I can't wrap my head around the "he is not injured" approach. I can't see any pro athlete with any sort of competitive spirit go through that kind of act. 


Yeah, I just ignore those people.

 

He’s definitely injured. Could the contract situation play into if he comes back before he’s 100% or not? Yes.  
 

But IMO he’s not ready physically yet.  It’s just a shame that Patricia is a wannabe Belicheck when it comes to injury ambiguity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:


Yeah, I just ignore those people.

 

He’s definitely injured. Could the contract situation play into if he comes back before he’s 100% or not? Yes.  
 

But IMO he’s not ready physically yet.  It’s just a shame that Patricia is a wannabe Belicheck when it comes to injury ambiguity.

 

Yeah he's definitely injured. The way the contract comes into play is how quickly he returns. I can see him wanting to err on the side of caution, and not play until he is absolutely 100%. He has proven everything he needs to to any potential suitor in free agency, man is not going to risk his health for an org that has remained somewhat unwilling to pay him and has a clouded history with it's former star receiver when it comes to money.

As much as I love Golladay, this makes him a sell for me. There's too much uncertainty here on the timetable, and the contract situation is just another big ? that can affect his timetable or usage towards the end of the season.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, harck said:

 

Yeah he's definitely injured. The way the contract comes into play is how quickly he returns. I can see him wanting to err on the side of caution, and not play until he is absolutely 100%. He has proven everything he needs to to any potential suitor in free agency, man is not going to risk his health for an org that has remained somewhat unwilling to pay him and has a clouded history with it's former star receiver when it comes to money.

As much as I love Golladay, this makes him a sell for me. There's too much uncertainty here on the timetable, and the contract situation is just another big ? that can affect his timetable or usage towards the end of the season.

 

How? He's coming off the worst season in his career and has likely cost himself millions. The only thing he's proven is that he's injury prone and that he might be past his prime

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

 

How? He's coming off the worst season in his career and has likely cost himself millions. The only thing he's proven is that he's injury prone and that he might be past his prime

Exactly. Probably the reason that lions are not giving him an offer. At this stage he is hoping for a change at lions management and getting tagged

Edited by Martinlongbow
Link to post
Share on other sites

Below is an excerpt from the Athletic’s week 10 injury mailbag. Makes him more or less useless for at least another 2-3 weeks, which sucks. 
 

The algorithm is showing a four-week Optimal Recovery Time for a grade 2 (moderate) hip strain. Hip injuries are tough on wide receivers because it affects their route running and physicality. If they can’t open up their hips it makes it tough to effectively and safely move their body to run a route or catch a pass. And then every time they take a hit or fall they are at risk of an aggravation. If Golladay returns next week this could be one of those hip problems that nags throughout the rest of the season.

Right now, Golladay comes with a High Injury Risk (26%) and a Below Average HPF (51%). These numbers will slowly improve in the coming weeks, but I don’t expect Golladay to be very effective until December.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...