NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather go down with the motha ******** pontoon boat if i received that poop dick of an offer. 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) out for Week 1 (One week later) "...The issue here is the pain Golladay would feel when trying to raise his arms above his head to catch passes. "    

Posted Images

If he doesn’t practice this week I’m really debating dropping him.  I can’t have him burning a hole in my bench when we’re in crunch time for playoffs and it’s all hands on deck...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At this point, I don’t think he’s coming back. He’ll be hard to trust anyway if he does return. Cutting him is risky but if you need to make an addition and don’t have anyone else to drop I’d do it. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

He’ll get a much better contract if he comes back and balls out the last few games.

I absolutely agree with you but that does not appear to be the advice he is getting.  I keep going back to the video of him pulling up and I don’t see anything indicating a severe injury.  I believe he keeps saying it is not right and they are letting him sit.  Not one diagnostic test conducted?  It is a strange situation all around.  I mean Ekeler had a diagnostic test showing the hammy and he is back.  Everyone heals differently but this makes no sense.

Playing a few more games will make no difference on his contract at this point. The only thing that can impact it is coming back and having an even worse injury. The Lions won't make the playoffs and should have extended him well before this season. People saying he needs to play for it to affect him getting a better deal are doing the recency bias thing. The guy had two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons prior to this one and pretty much played full seasons averaging 15.5 games played. Coming off his rookie deal Babytron is about to get broke off! 🤑

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Playing a few more games will make no difference on his contract at this point. The only thing that can impact it is coming back and having an even worse injury. The Lions won't make the playoffs and should have extended him well before this season. People saying he needs to play for it to affect him getting a better deal are doing the recency bias thing. The guy had two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons prior to this one and pretty much played full seasons averaging 15.5 games played. Coming off his rookie deal Babytron is about to get broke off! 🤑

I don't think it's a recency bias thing, I think they are just grasping at straws to come up with a reason he should rush back onto the field to help their fantasy teams. KG is an established star WR, 2 or 3 weeks is obviously not going to make any difference whatsoever in his next contract. 

I mean, I could see a GM paying more if they saw him healthy and ball out to end the year, especially with it being a hip "injury". He will get good money either way.

I don't think its that far of a stretch to have that opinion though

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, jjbooda said:

I absolutely agree with you but that does not appear to be the advice he is getting.  I keep going back to the video of him pulling up and I don’t see anything indicating a severe injury.  I believe he keeps saying it is not right and they are letting him sit.  Not one diagnostic test conducted?  It is a strange situation all around.  I mean Ekeler had a diagnostic test showing the hammy and he is back.  Everyone heals differently but this makes no sense.

So you’re saying he went into that game planning to fake an injury so he could sit out the rest of the year?

C’mon man... that is some serious grasping at straws.

5 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

I mean, I could see a GM paying more if they saw him healthy and ball out to end the year, especially with it being a hip "injury". He will get good money either way.

I don't think its that far of a stretch to have that opinion though

On the other hand, given it's a hip injury and a lost season, I think all he has to do is look at what happened to Isaiah Thomas in the NBA when he came back early and played hurt, specifically with a bad hip. GM's don't give lucrative, long-term contracts to dudes with chronic hip issues in any sport. He's either getting the franchise tag or the contract he wants--it just takes one GM to look at his first couple seasons. 

28 minutes ago, yossarian said:

On the other hand, given it's a hip injury and a lost season, I think all he has to do is look at what happened to Isaiah Thomas in the NBA when he came back early and played hurt, specifically with a bad hip. GM's don't give lucrative, long-term contracts to dudes with chronic hip issues in any sport. He's either getting the franchise tag or the contract he wants--it just takes one GM to look at his first couple seasons. 

Oh yea no doubt, mainly responding to those who think him coming back to the end year to improve his payday is grasping at straws or far fetched to think

47 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

So you’re saying he went into that game planning to fake an injury so he could sit out the rest of the year?

Kawhi Leonard did it to my Spurs. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

No I am not saying it was intentional.  I believe he had only 4 targets and was aggravated that they were getting beat and made a bigger deal of a minor ailment.  I believe he took a shot a few plays earlier and chose to opt out.

Now he is just continuing with the narrative to avoid playing.

Edited by jjbooda
6 hours ago, LurkingFFPlayer said:

Why didn't they put this guy on IR if he was going to miss this much time? What a puzzling situation. 

The no IR thing is just baffling; at least now waivers don't run until tomorrow, so at the very least there's one more practice/injury report before the rage-dropping commences. (or maybe not, since it's been weeks of cryptic messages coming from Lions' brass.)

There is zero chance lions are extending him and close to zero some other team giving him a 20m a year contract. Both fuller and arob would go way before him. Most probably he will get tagged so no reason for him to do anything this season.

easy drop at this point if you need a roster space and dont have ir