NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

Golladay needs to avoid a major injury before free agency.

The Lions fired their coach and GM.  Their season is over.  They need to tank for better draft position.

Their interests are fully aligned.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather go down with the motha ******** pontoon boat if i received that poop dick of an offer. 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) out for Week 1 (One week later) "...The issue here is the pain Golladay would feel when trying to raise his arms above his head to catch passes. "    

Posted Images

"Detroit Lions wide receiver Kenny Golladay's (hip) recovery from a hip injury has gone slower than expected, but interim Lions coach Darrell Bevell said the fourth-year wide receiver is making "progress" towards a return. "I think he's pushing himself," Bevell said. "It's a day-in, day-out thing where we monitor it. We push him to a certain level, next day, see (how) the body reacts to it, and then we come back the next day and go from that plan, that day forward." Golladay has not played since November 1 and Detroit's offense has missed his dynamic ability to make plays. Teammate Marvin Jones Jr. and Marvin Hall will have to pick up the slack in the passing game if Golladay is sidelined once again in Week 13."

• Thanks 2
35 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

The worst part about having this guy is that he starts every week as Q so we can't IR him until Friday when he's declared out. 

I never even knew a player ruled "Out" could be stashed in an "IR" spot on a week-to-week basis. I always thought they had to be on the real life IR or (this year) given the COVID-19 status.

I play Yahoo! so maybe it's not true of my league.

7 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

I never even knew a player ruled "Out" could be stashed in an "IR" spot on a week-to-week basis. I always thought they had to be on the real life IR or (this year) given the COVID-19 status.

It's the standard setting on Yahoo. It means that if a player is ruled out just before a game - for pretty much any reason - you can stick them in your IR spot and pick up somebody. You just need to be aware that they will revert to Questionable (or whatever) before waivers run. At that point, you have somebody in your IR spot who's no longer eligible for IR, and that stops you from making any roster changes/waiver wire pickups. You need to drop somebody to make any changes.

Not everyone is aware of this, just as not everyone is aware that on Yahoo (and some other sites) you can drop bench players even after they've played that week for, say, a lottery ticket guy playing on Monday.

11 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

In Yahoo leagues, I've noticed this year you can stash players with either an "Out" or "IR" on the IR Spot. I never noticed this in years prior. 

I've had Golladay and Swift sitting on the IR space in the past few weeks 

2 minutes ago, papaphunk said:

In Yahoo leagues, I've noticed this year you can stash players with either an "Out" or "IR" on the IR Spot. I never noticed this in years prior. 

I've had Golladay and Swift sitting on the IR space in the past few weeks 

You could do it last year, can confirm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Edgeraid said:

The worst part about having this guy is that he starts every week as Q so we can't IR him until Friday when he's declared out. 

For waivers if you make your claims while his status is still O, it will go through even if it is changed to Q prior to ww processing. So I always do mine Monday evening. 

But if your hoping to grab someone after they clear, you’re SOL. 

13 minutes ago, SteelersScotty said:

Should be universal in yahoo!. Easily testable. Just click on someone listed as O as if to move them and see if IR spot is an option. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It's the standard setting on Yahoo. It means that if a player is ruled out just before a game - for pretty much any reason - you can stick them in your IR spot and pick up somebody. You just need to be aware that they will revert to Questionable (or whatever) before waivers run. At that point, you have somebody in your IR spot who's no longer eligible for IR, and that stops you from making any roster changes/waiver wire pickups. You need to drop somebody to make any changes.

Not everyone is aware of this, just as not everyone is aware that on Yahoo (and some other sites) you can drop bench players even after they've played that week for, say, a lottery ticket guy playing on Monday.

This is great to know. Thanks for sharing. I was tempted to drop Golladay since his situation has been so frustrating, but it's not as bad if I don't have to waste an active roster spot on him every week.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WVFalcon said:

With decent options I'm not even sure how confident I am in starting him if he does play.

No.  If he plays, you start him.  With Fatricia gone, the Lions are going to score 30+ every game ROS.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Edgeraid said:

Agreed, this is super frustrating. I just want to toss him on IR to pickup a weekly plug-in and can't even do that ...

28 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Kenny Sabotage 🥺

Sabotage.

What? What are you saying? Did you say sandwich?

No, I was saying that before, not now. Now I am saying sabotage. The ancient Dutch art of screwing up your own team.

I knew you were saying sabotage. I was giving you an example of it. I will misunderstand everything that Andy fantasy owners says until he they goes insane.

If Michael organizes some kind of group hug, stand next to me.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Golladay needs to avoid a major injury before free agency.

The Lions fired their coach and GM.  Their season is over.  They need to tank for better draft position.

Their interests are fully aligned.

If he doesn't play again, won't it give FA suitors pause about his health? 

1 hour ago, Drewfus said:

If he doesn't play again, won't it give FA suitors pause about his health? 

And his commitment. Feels like he quit on the team, or is adopting an attitude of "why bother risking anything for this trainwreck of a team". I apologize if hes genuinely hurt.

• Like 2

Bevell also said wide receiver Kenny Golladay improving every day and Bevell is hopeful that Golladay can go.

“I love Kenny,” Bevell said. “He’s a super competitive guy. He wants to be out there for his teammates, he wants to be out there playing ball for himself, and he’s a game changer for us when he’s out there.”

I don't know what this means, if anything, but at least it's an update.