NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenny Golladay 2020 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Bevell also said wide receiver Kenny Golladay improving every day and Bevell is hopeful that Golladay can go.

“I love Kenny,” Bevell said. “He’s a super competitive guy. He wants to be out there for his teammates, he wants to be out there playing ball for himself, and he’s a game changer for us when he’s out there.”

I don't know what this means, if anything, but at least it's an update. 

"Coach speak," Bevell said. "Coach speak. Coach speak." 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would rather go down with the motha ******** pontoon boat if i received that poop dick of an offer. 

Kenny Golladay (hamstring) out for Week 1 (One week later) "...The issue here is the pain Golladay would feel when trying to raise his arms above his head to catch passes. "    

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Drewfus said:

If he doesn't play again, won't it give FA suitors pause about his health? 

This is the only sliver of optimism I have. If someone has a hip problem bad enough to keep them out of a large chunk of games and then don’t do any sort of surgery after the season, I would be wary and wouldn’t necessarily buy there was “an understanding” because of a contract dispute. Seems too convenient. Hip injuries seem to be tricky.  

I remember a young Sydney Rice having a great breakout year, having a hip injury, getting surgery and basically never being heard from again. 

So playing a couple games this year would help calm some of those fears I would think.

Having said all that, I put the odds heavily in favor of him being done. 

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Illusion_J said:

There is hope...

Golladay (hip), who won't play Sunday in Chicago, was spotted doing sprints in the end zone pregame, Kyle Meinke of MLive.com reports.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/lions-kenny-golladay-seen-sprinting-sunday/

Cool, so now he's out only 2-3 more games. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, nn4mz said:

If you had AJ Green last year, you know how exactly what this is like.

It sucks, but hopefully we can get Golladay this week.  Hell, I need him.

If you had AJ Green last year you just answered your own question. We will not see Golladay again until September. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

For me he's an AutoStart if he plays. 

Well duh. Marvin Jones has been a WR1 with him out, he's an elite WR1 if he plays. It's just a big IF right now. I don't have any shares, but I miss seeing him out there. He's just a fun WR to watch. Hope he makes it back this year. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

GB lockdown foo' Jaire Alexander is yielding a scant 23 yds per game avg, and has given up but ONE td all year. 

🦃

just to follow this up ... he did not even give up a reception in coverage for the whole month of October vs some stiff competition ...

true, the Pack did have their bye in week 5, so it was only 3 games, not 4 ... but, still ☠

... oh, and these were not exactly tomato cans he held catchless.  

week 4: Calvin Ridley - 5 targets, 0 catches (he was the #1 scoring wr entering that game).

week 6: Mike Evans - 1 target, 0 catches. 

week 7: Will Fuller - 1 target, 0 catches (Fuller was coming off back to back 100 yd outings).

now, these are stats while covered by Alexander, not stats for the entire game, so don't @me with "YEAH, B-B-BUT FULLER HAD 3 CATCHES AND A TUDDIE VS THE PACK!!!1!1111!11!"

so, for the entire month of October, facing 3 elite WRs, he yielded 0 catches on 7 targets while in coverage on them. 

he good. 

📞

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

just to follow this up ... he did not even give up a reception in coverage for the whole month of October vs some stiff competition ...

true, the Pack did have their bye in week 5, so it was only 3 games, not 4 ... but, still ☠

... oh, and these were not exactly tomato cans he held catchless.  

week 4: Calvin Ridley - 5 targets, 0 catches (he was the #1 scoring wr entering that game).

week 6: Mike Evans - 1 target, 0 catches. 

week 7: Will Fuller - 1 target, 0 catches (Fuller was coming off back to back 100 yd outings).

now, these are stats while covered by Alexander, not stats for the entire game, so don't @me with "YEAH, B-B-BUT FULLER HAD 3 CATCHES AND A TUDDIE VS THE PACK!!!1!1111!11!"

so, for the entire month of October, facing 3 elite WRs, he yielded 0 catches on 7 targets while in coverage on them. 

he good. 

📞

This is something to be aware of, and I’m STILL playing bro if he’s out there on the field.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

This is something to be aware of, and I’m STILL playing bro if he’s out there on the field.

ya know ... if this cat rolls out cold after a month+, and goes on to torch the best cb in the leeg, well ... that would be the most 2020 thing of all 2020 magick foosball things 🤔

14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

ya know ... if this cat rolls out cold after a month+, and goes on to torch the best cb in the leeg, well ... that would be the most 2020 thing of all 2020 magick foosball things 🤔

Get ready for the breakout!!! 🤣😆😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1