NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2020 Outlook

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol Jesus man... can the guys trotting out Logan Thomas, Irv Smith, and Cole Kmet this week with Kittle on the IR at least dream??

Tell us more about your fantasy team. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Black_Panther said:

So where does another injury place Kittle next year in redraft? Does it push him down to round 4 or still going late second early 3rd round? 

Absolutely great player but always dealing with injury niggles and now a more serious injury.

For me pushing him to DND status. Better players (FPs-wise) off the WW this year like Gronk. I get he has talent but not worth the risk next year to get more of the same plus craptastic QB play. I would say in my bitter 2020 mood with him, round 8-10 as a back up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

So, don't draft a TE ever. They're all injury prone. Got it.

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from my post, but you're free to interpret it however you want. Assuming he misses 8 weeks as predicted, he'll have played 21 out of 32 possible games the last two seasons with early exits in two of them. Not my ideal target for a top 30 pick. Many other TEs are injury risks, but their draft capital is also much lower, mitigating risk. TEs such as Kelce, Waller, and Andrews have not proven themselves to be injury risks. If Kittle's ADP takes into account recent history and adjusts accordingly then he becomes a worthwhile pick. I should clarify my DND opinion is based on his ADP not moving much, as I don't think it will.

2 hours ago, fachowski said:

I'd rank him as still a top 5 TE for next year. But his draft range should be between rounds 4-5. Kelce's the only TE that should be considered as draftable in rounds 1 to 2 (assuming he's not injured of course).

He is top 2 FF TE's, I mean maybe you bring Waller into the discussion. George is second in points for TEs (PPR) and has played 6 games compared to 8 for most TE's and two of those 6 he played less then full games. The injury is only his foot, it's not a Prescott type injury, he should fully recover fairly quick. 

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

He is top 2 FF TE's, I mean maybe you bring Waller into the discussion. George is second in points for TEs (PPR) and has played 6 games compared to 8 for most TE's and two of those 6 he played less then full games. The injury is only his foot, it's not a Prescott type injury, he should fully recover fairly quick. 

Dude plays physical; like a full back who can catch. His chances of becoming injury prone is much higher than Kelce (this dude is a willing blocker though), Waller and Fant who basically function as big wrs.

8 minutes ago, fachowski said:

Dude plays physical; like a full back who can catch. His chances of becoming injury prone is much higher than Kelce (this dude is a willing blocker though), Waller and Fant who basically function as big wrs.

He has missed three career games up to this season... The injury in week 1 was a hospital throw, wasn't anything to do with playing physical. If the logic is "he is breaking down" I would need to see another season of injuries before I put those other guys ahead of him. His ceiling is just so much higher then someone like Fant. 

• Like 2

Fant would have a higher upside than him if the Broncos had better playcalling (among other things, but that's another conversation for another day.)

That's not a knock on Kittle though, I'm just that sold on Fant.

Edited by fachowski
12 hours ago, zorndogs said:

I took him over Kelce for the first time ever, I usually get Kelce. I am a Redskins fan so I also used Jordan Reed in his place for a week or two earlier this season. Reed will be a top TE if he is able to come back and stay healthy. Talent isn't his problem, he's just always injured. Who is going to takeover until Reed can come back though. Shannahan is going to use whoever plays that position. 

Where would you draft Kittle next year? Would you still take him over Kelce? Really interested in how this will play out

This guy is still TE2 scoring wise in my league settings with four full games and two partial games played, so LOL to anyone questioning his positioning in the TE hierarchy.  Maybe his ADP drops and managers become more hesitant to draft him, but he's still TE2 in redraft leagues next year by quite a bit.  Now this could change if Ertz gets traded to a team with strong QB play (GB, Buffalo, Seattle, and Arizona come to mind), but are you really going to take Ertz (showing declines this year), Waller (inconsistent QB play), or Andrews (Jackson as his QB, which doesn't seem to favor him) over Kittle next season?

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Nickmo said:

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from my post, but you're free to interpret it however you want. Assuming he misses 8 weeks as predicted, he'll have played 21 out of 32 possible games the last two seasons with early exits in two of them. Not my ideal target for a top 30 pick. Many other TEs are injury risks, but their draft capital is also much lower, mitigating risk. TEs such as Kelce, Waller, and Andrews have not proven themselves to be injury risks. If Kittle's ADP takes into account recent history and adjusts accordingly then he becomes a worthwhile pick. I should clarify my DND opinion is based on his ADP not moving much, as I don't think it will.

Dude, of he misses the rest of the year, it'll mean he had one significant injury in a 4 year career. 

You tell me that any NFL skill position player stays healthy 3 out of 4 seasons and I'm going to call him durable. You can let recency bias cloud your judgment, but the complete evidence doesn't support you.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Jeez I am happy I don't own him. 

My guess is they still end up shutting him down regardless of his wishes unless they somehow string some wins together. 

May tempt some of us to hold though if you're in a decent spot record/bye wise/multi IR spots

Edited by vthokie3