NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2020 Outlook

I don’t care what they say pregame. I refuse to lose because I left this beast on the bench. If he’s active, I’m starting him. I’m used to getting 0 from my TE anyways this season. 

Edited by ak427
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol Jesus man... can the guys trotting out Logan Thomas, Irv Smith, and Cole Kmet this week with Kittle on the IR at least dream??

Tell us more about your fantasy team. 

Posted Images

If Kittle is healthy enough to play I highly doubt he’s playing one snap. He would drive the coaches crazy on the side line waiting to go in. He’s the type of player that can win you the ship with a 3 TD night. Can’t leave him on the bench if he’s active.

So he’s an obvious start for those without a top3 TE, but how are we feeling with him as a flex option for those that do? No idea how to value his projections among some of the RB2 dart throws this week [...] Seems very high-risk, high-reward. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
53 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Looks like he was cleared last week but they kept him out as a precautionary reason. If he’s activated this week he should be a 100% full go. Thanks for the article.

Edited by StevenSC400

with Hunter Henry not playing this week with COVID, Kitty is active at just the right time.  

I feel like he'll get at least 5-6 targets, at least.  If he goes 6 for 80ish, with a good chance at a TD, I will take that any day from my TE.

50 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Will be on a pitch count, FYI.

So I haven’t found any info Shanahan saying he’s going to be on a pitch count. He said earlier he’s not sure how many snaps he will get depending on how he feels etc. but I haven’t found anything definitive anywhere.

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

So I haven’t found any info Shanahan saying he’s going to be on a pitch count. He said earlier he’s not sure how many snaps he will get depending on how he feels etc. but I haven’t found anything definitive anywhere.

Think its mostly people just predicting since he hasn't played since week 8 and the 9ers have nothing to play for. It could be one of those games where if he gets a slight ding hes out or if they go down big he could be out too. Still, as most have said the upside is there and the TE position has been awful. 

1 minute ago, Theoneupper said:

Think its mostly people just predicting since he hasn't played since week 8 and the 9ers have nothing to play for. It could be one of those games where if he gets a slight ding hes out or if they go down big he could be out too. Still, as most have said the upside is there and the TE position has been awful. 

Well I’m 99% sure I’m playing him over tonyan. I just find it hard to sit him. He’s a type of player that can change the game.

Wow a healthy Kittle is a must start for that juicy ceiling ("snap count" or not), but it's a tough decision if you have others on your team like Logan Thomas, Hock, Tonyan, Andrews. Good luck to everyone this week and I hope whatever decision is made is the right one. Likely one of the hardest decisions of he year for Kittle owners.

Edited by Ergogh
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ergogh said:

Wow a healthy Kittle is a must start for that juicy ceiling ("snap count" or not), but it's a tough decision if you have others on your team like Logan Thomas, Hock, Tonyan, Andrews. Good luck to everyone this week and I hope whatever decision is made is the right one. Likely one of the hardest decisions of he year for Kittle owners.

Perfect timing for me. I’ve started Henry all season and now he’s out. The Kittle owner dropped him immediately way back when when he got hurt so I just snagged him on a whim  many weeks and stuck him on IR. 

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Where is that quoted? I think he is a top 5 option no matter what but I may roll Hockenson if I know that information

31 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Read the tweet thread. It’s literally the very next post:

• Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, AlexxelA said:

Last time Kittle returned from injury this season he put up 40, catch balls from a college teammate and roomate I hear, CJ Bethard.  Same situation this week.

I will literally create a shrine in my home for George Kittle if he puts up 40 this week. 

11 minutes ago, ak427 said:

I will literally create a shrine in my home for George Kittle if he puts up 40 this week. 

[...] honestly I'd be thrilled with 20.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
7 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

I'm not gonna lie. I'm so nervous. I really hope this guy isn't used as a decoy and drops a fat 0. I know I need every point I can get against this juggernaut I'm up against.

Normally this would be concerning but it usually happens when a player is injured but plays anyway instead of sitting out. I don’t see why they would bring back a healthy Kittle and use him as a decoy. Or why they would bring back an injured Kittle if he’s not 100% to use him as a decoy when they are already out of the playoffs. None of these scenarios really make sense. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Normally this would be concerning but it usually happens when a player is injured but plays anyway instead of sitting out. I don’t see why they would bring back a healthy Kittle and use him as a decoy. Or why they would bring back an injured Kittle if he’s not 100% to use him as a decoy when they are already out of the playoffs. None of these scenarios really make sense. 

Agreed with this. The only way the team would let him play in this situation is if he was close to 100% healthy and doctors believed that the risk of re-injury was not there. I think the only reason he'll come out is for conditioning purposes. 

2 hours ago, Ergogh said:

All I can think of is the Keenan Allen game, ugh😓

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, mjb said:

All I can think of is the Keenan Allen game, ugh😓

different circumstances though, no? with Keenan he was hobbled, game time decision, we knew he was hurt.  Kittle has been out for however many weeks, they don't need to win games, why would they bring him back if he wasn't 100%??

• Like 1