NBC Sports Edge Forums

George Kittle 2020 Outlook

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol Jesus man... can the guys trotting out Logan Thomas, Irv Smith, and Cole Kmet this week with Kittle on the IR at least dream??

Tell us more about your fantasy team. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

They ain't trotting out Kittle to be a decoy or rarely use him. If he plays he's getting a nice amount of work. 

Coach us saying now he's gonna be on a "pitch count" and Kittle is now saying don't laugh at him when he's on oxygen on the sidelines. Because he's out of shape and will need it.

57 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

Coach us saying now he's gonna be on a "pitch count" and Kittle is now saying don't laugh at him when he's on oxygen on the sidelines. Because he's out of shape and will need it.

Yawn. Bench him then. 

On 12/22/2020 at 10:57 AM, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Id have to bench Tonyan for him. Hate to have Kittle pull a K. Allen on me from last week. 

Same thing for me.   In non-ppr its a tough call.

1 minute ago, DLG10 said:

Same thing for me.   In non-ppr its a tough call.

how are these situations even remotely the same? Allen got hurt and was on a short week trying to play through a soft tissue injury. This was a broken bone in a foot that needed 4-6 weeks to heal.

He’d be limited due to conditioning, not because his foot hurt. He wouldn’t be playing if his foot was still hurt

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, jclee4 said:

Idc either way I'm sending him out there in my lineup. Thanks tho seriously. 

I'll go out with a kittle zero if need be. I can't sit him after waiting for all these weeks. He's getting put to work lol

9 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

He’s the best TE in football. He will prove it next season. 

He already proved that in 2018. Kelce is phenomenal, but he plays on one of the best offenses we’ve seen in years with a QB that could go down as the best of all time. Kittle gets Jimmy G’s, Mullins and Beat Hards. 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He already proved that in 2018. Kelce is phenomenal, but he plays on one of the best offenses we’ve seen in years with a QB that could go down as the best of all time. Kittle gets Jimmy G’s, Mullins and Beat Hards. 

There are so many arguments against this.

Kittle has 1000+ in 2/4 seasons. His other 2 seasons are in the 500s.

Kelce has 1000+ in 5/7 season, and this year makes 5 in a row. His first two seasons were closer to 900 than they were 800.

Kittle's 4 seasons combined he has 3511 yards and 14 tds. Yes, he didn't have great QBs but he was also not competing for targets with guys like Tyreek, Watkins, or even back to Jamaal Charles. I think the argument is backwards. SF literally also has no one else, they feed Kittle like crazy. 

Kelce's first 4 seasons he had 3900 yards and 22 tds. That was with Alex Smith throwing to him, not Patrick Mahomes. I liked Smith as a QB, but we're not talking about a hall of famer here.

Durability absolutely matters in this game. Consistency matters. Kelce has been consistent from day 1. 

This year Kelce is #2 in receiving yards for ALL players, not TE. #5 in TD receptions. He may lead the entire league by the time this is over with. And that's while competing for targets with one of the best receivers in the league, Tyreek Hill.

Kittle is a great TE. But 2/4 good seasons compared to 7/7, including 5 1000+ seasons in a row at the TE position isn't really a comparison. 

Potential is very different than greatness. One is earned over time with consistency and production. The other is a possibility which as we've seen with Kittle, doesn't always pan out and doesn't matter if it isn't backed up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jordan Coppington said:

We are taking Waller And Kelce over Kittle all day next year. Durability and availability are important in this game.

Speak for yourself. Only taking Kelce over him, and he went in the first round in my league this year. 

It's clear now that having an elite tight end gives you an advantage because there's so few, but the trade off is it means that most teams in your league won't have a top TE, so if you don't have one it's not killer. If you draft one with a valuable pick and they get hurt ala Kittle, you're really screwed because now not only do you not have that advantage at TE, you don't have that 1st/2nd round RB to lean on either.

1 hour ago, tschwicht said:

There are so many arguments against this.

Kittle has 1000+ in 2/4 seasons. His other 2 seasons are in the 500s.

Kelce has 1000+ in 5/7 season, and this year makes 5 in a row. His first two seasons were closer to 900 than they were 800.

Kittle's 4 seasons combined he has 3511 yards and 14 tds. Yes, he didn't have great QBs but he was also not competing for targets with guys like Tyreek, Watkins, or even back to Jamaal Charles. I think the argument is backwards. SF literally also has no one else, they feed Kittle like crazy. 

Kelce's first 4 seasons he had 3900 yards and 22 tds. That was with Alex Smith throwing to him, not Patrick Mahomes. I liked Smith as a QB, but we're not talking about a hall of famer here.

Durability absolutely matters in this game. Consistency matters. Kelce has been consistent from day 1. 

This year Kelce is #2 in receiving yards for ALL players, not TE. #5 in TD receptions. He may lead the entire league by the time this is over with. And that's while competing for targets with one of the best receivers in the league, Tyreek Hill.

Kittle is a great TE. But 2/4 good seasons compared to 7/7, including 5 1000+ seasons in a row at the TE position isn't really a comparison. 

Potential is very different than greatness. One is earned over time with consistency and production. The other is a possibility which as we've seen with Kittle, doesn't always pan out and doesn't matter if it isn't backed up.

Kelce targets per year starting in 2014 -- 87, 103, 117, 122, 150, 136, 132
Kittle targets per game starting in 2017 -- 63, 136, 107, 54 (injured)

You make lots of good points but "Kelce has too much other talent on his team and therefore has to fight for targets" isn't one of them. Kelce gets targets. He does work with them. That's one of the reasons he's so good. 

I think you could also make an argument that the Alex Smith that was throwing to Kelce at the time (younger, 2 fully functioning legs) was still better than any qb Kittle has ever played with, including Jimmy G. 

Kelce's the king until proven otherwise but there's some holes in your argument, I think. 

If the argument is “Kittle is all they have” it kinda proves the point Kittle is better as defenses don’t have other weapons to worry about. If we are talking “fantasy” then Kelce is be more productive simply because of QB play and scheme.

If we are taking real football the primary argument to make for Kelce is Kittles health. Because when they are both on the field Kittle does so much outside of stats to help his team win. Kittle is more of a game breaker and is elite among elites as far as blocking. The Niners build an entire running game around Kittle and Juice’s blocking.