NBC Sports Edge Forums

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, kp96 said:

Have we ever seen a QB get benched, the backup wins the game for the team, and then they went back to the original starter?  I'm trying to think of an example and coming up empty.  

I don't see how they can go back to Mitch.  The good thing is, they have apparently said they are going to meet tonight and make a call on that early, probably to get the right QB ready for the next game.  So we should know in the next 24 hours or so.

The answer is simple:

Nagy is an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder if the QB change is going to be good for Robinson. 

Of course I believe Foles is a better QB, but Trubisky totally locked onto ARob.  I'm just not sure if all those ARob targets were a function of game plan or Trubisky being lost out there, eyeing down his best receiver, and throwing it into coverage. 

Foles is a solid reader of the defense and goes through his progressions.  If ARob is covered, he probably moves to his next read, unlike Trubisky.

4 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Of course I believe Foles is a better QB, but Trubisky totally locked onto ARob.  I'm just not sure if all those ARob targets were a function of game plan or Trubisky being lost out there, eyeing down his best receiver, and throwing it into coverage. 

Foles is a solid reader of the defense and goes through his progressions.  If ARob is covered, he probably moves to his next read, unlike Trubisky.

After Foles took over, no other receiver was targeted more than twice.

Edited by ccimore
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I don't necessarily expect more targets with Foles, just more catchable ones - that'd be an interesting split to look at after the first few Foles games.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, kp96 said:

That's good.  How many targets did ARob get from Foles?

Foles targeted Robinson 6 times.  I believe historically Foles loves him his TE and WR1.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-fantasy-football-week-3-recap-james-conner-demonstrates-bell-cow-status-allen-robinson-and-kenny-golladay-resume-wr1-duties

Edited by ccimore
Add
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Alshon averaged 8.5+ targets with Foles in '17. (excluding week 15 dud game against Raiders)

• Like 1

who knew the switch woulda happened midgame with foles and will be going forward. as previously stated, maybe not more targets but foles accuracy is a lot better [...] expecting arob to be top 10 now ROS.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

At halftime yesterday, I was thinking that this was a bust WR pick at his ADP. Kinda pissed. I know other folks who had him DND coming into this draft due to inconsistency and his stumbling down the stretch last year. I was kicking myself, then Foles came in and promptly Foles'd it up!  Hallelujah. ARob to the rescue. Now if he just could've held onto that ball in the End Zone. Seems like deep routes are more his forté than jump balls. Woulda been a huge day, but maybe that'll motivate him even more. 

As much as those late Miller TDs (in 2 out of 3 weeks) would've been awesome to have gone to ARob. The good news is, defenses will have to respect both Miller and JGraham. Gotta love it. Who needs FitzMagic when you got FolesMagic let's gOooOoO!!!

17 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

At halftime yesterday, I was thinking that this was a bust WR pick at his ADP. Kinda pissed. I know other folks who had him DND coming into this draft due to inconsistency and his stumbling down the stretch last year. I was kicking myself, then Foles came in and promptly Foles'd it up!  Hallelujah. ARob to the rescue. Now if he just could've held onto that ball in the End Zone. Seems like deep routes are more his forté than jump balls. Woulda been a huge day, but maybe that'll motivate him even more. 

As much as those late Miller TDs (in 2 out of 3 weeks) would've been awesome to have gone to ARob. The good news is, defenses will have to respect both Miller and JGraham. Gotta love it. Who needs FitzMagic when you got FolesMagic let's gOooOoO!!!

I could be wrong, but I think he actually has one of the best contested catch rates in the NFL.  I can't find the stat.  If someone can find it, I'd appreciate it.  But I did find this article that kind of speaks to it.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/05/chicago-bears-receiver-allen-robinson-third-most-contested-catches-among-receivers-since-2018/

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ccimore said:

I could be wrong, but I think he actually has one of the best contested catch rates in the NFL.  I can't find the stat.  If someone can find it, I'd appreciate it.  But I did find this article that kind of speaks to it.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/05/chicago-bears-receiver-allen-robinson-third-most-contested-catches-among-receivers-since-2018/

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-ranking-the-nfls-top-receivers-in-contested-catch-situations#:~:text=Stefon Diggs%2C Minnesota Vikings (64.0,64.0 percent.

Top 4 last season

Edited by DezedandConfused
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ccimore said:

Nice nice appreciate it. You too DezedandConfused. In all these years, I've never actually owned him lol. But damn, that Atlant pick was tough, CB took it out of his hands. Tough break, happy he made up for it later 🙌

And here's to you, Allen Robinson
Garbage Time loves you more than you will know 
Whoa, whoa, whoa
God bless you, please, Allen Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray 
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

• Haha 2