NBC Sports Edge Forums

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Islanderman said:

No word from any Bears beat writer.  Don't they usually give an update on practice sessions.  It would be nice if he was at least out doing something.  Might be a sign he is progressing, like Lyndsey.  

They’re all too busy being upset with the White Sox hiring Tony La Russa as their HC LOL.

Hopefully we hear something soon. 

7 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

There’s still a slim chance ARob clears protocol. I wouldn’t count on it, but if he’s active that’s a huge boost to our rosters.

Any idea what’s required to clear protocol? And what would we guess the rate is that players end up playing even when still in the protocol on Friday? 

15 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Any idea what’s required to clear protocol? And what would we guess the rate is that players end up playing even when still in the protocol on Friday? 

Unscientifically, I'd say about 10 percent. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

No idea what is exactly needed to clear the NFL concussion protocol. But I assume it’s along the lines of Headaches, fuzziness, vomiting, pupil dilation? Just from my past experiences haha.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

No idea what is exactly needed to clear the NFL concussion protocol. But I assume it’s along the lines of Headaches, fuzziness, vomiting, pupil dilation? Just from my past experiences haha.

3 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/108223/what-exactly-is-the-concussion-protocol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I think the Saints are another tough matchup though? Or maybe I'm wrong. 

Might be tough with Lattimore shadowing him, so I'm not expecting a huge game...but he's at least better than the alternatives most people had in place for him.

20 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Might be tough with Lattimore shadowing him, so I'm not expecting a huge game...but he's at least better than the alternatives most people had in place for him.

They're in the bottom 10 against QBs and WRs, so I'm not worried. I don't think Lattimore is playing as great as he has in the past.

I expect a nice turnaround here for the Bears on offense. If not, we can see Trubisky and believe it or not, I think that can be good for Allen Robinson. Foles looked terrible last week and could not avoid pressure at all.

Edited by tpat30

How exactly do you clear concussion protocol that fast?  Is it as simple as the player saying "I feel good"?  Always curious how this happens when I'm sure a lot of it is simply reliant on admitting to whether or not you have any symptoms, and you know that these players want to play.

• Like 1

Blurb says he's a WR3...

Crowder

Adams

Hopkins

Diggs

Allen

Cooper

That's the entire list of WRs averaging more targets than Robinson. 

I think you could argue he's a top ten WR this week, and certainly no worse than a solid WR2.

I don't even have Robinson, but the disrespect is unacceptable.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Blurb says he's a WR3...

Crowder

Adams

Hopkins

Diggs

Allen

Cooper

That's the entire list of WRs averaging more targets than Robinson. 

I think you could argue he's a top ten WR this week, and certainly no worse than a solid WR2.

I don't even have Robinson, but the disrespect is unacceptable.

I think they are saying he is a WR3 this week because of a tough matchup and high winds on the forecast. High winds are the one aspect of weather that is proven to negatively affect the passing game. They certainly don't view him as a WR3 ROS.

3 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Heard on radio Lattimore is rated as something like top 10 worse corners so far this year.

52 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Heard on radio Lattimore is rated as something like top 10 worse corners so far this year.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/marshon-lattimore/11766

49.0 on PFF. The targets are a little deceptive because a target from Murray or Rodgers is way more valuable than one from Nick Foles, but Robinson is still a decent WR2 this week.

Edited by ilikepieman
  • Thanks 1

WR/CB breakdown: A-Rob is in the concussion protocol. Averaging a clean 10 targets per game through seven weeks, Robinson is an easy top-eight option at the position ahead of a potential shadow date with Lattimore, who has allowed 18 of 23 targets into his coverage to be caught for 274 yards and a trio of scores this season — “good” for a near-perfect 155.9 QB rating against. (PFF)

• Like 1