NBC Sports Edge Forums

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Is there a scenario where Robinson still gets ruled out or is a decoy/on a pitch county as a result of this concussion?

Of course.

15 minutes ago, nb009 said:

Is there a scenario where Robinson still gets ruled out or is a decoy/on a pitch county as a result of this concussion?

No, he has passed the concussion protocol. Now if this injury was a foot, ankle, knee, hamstring, shoulder, etc then yeah being a decoy is a scenario. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, AB84 said:

? He is cleared. Thats not a hamstring

There’s always a “scenario” in which someone who missed practice all week is deployed as a decoy.  More of a truism than anything probable.

• Haha 2

It's refreshing to actually wake up to some unexpected good news for a change. I was pretty surprised he was activated although that door was left open with the D tag yesterday.

I also don't expect any different approach with him due to the concussion - "decoying" him is senseless as his (and every other players') next concussion is one hit away. You're either concussed or you're not and "rest" is irrelevant to if/when the next one occurs. 

That's where the good news ends pretty much, because I think we know how this could go at this point. We need the "Good Saints Offense" to show up, putting pressure on the Bears to force the issue through the air. If the Bad Saints Offense shows up this turns into a low-scoring slogfest where Robinson is ignored for quarters at a time - like usual.

Sure the Bears' D has something to do with all of it, but particularly with Kamara the Saints can make things look effortless at times regardless of the defense they're playing. Getting that to happen could result in ARob putting up WR1 numbers - there is nothing scary about the matchup imo. Lattimore is not the elite player he's been for so long.

I think a reasonable explanation is the same dull WR3 stats we've seen the last couple weeks - considering how bad this offense looks right now - with upside for 80+ and a TD (WR2ish).

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

It's refreshing to actually wake up to some unexpected good news for a change. I was pretty surprised he was activated although that door was left open with the D tag yesterday.

I also don't expect any different approach with him due to the concussion - "decoying" him is senseless as his (and every other players') next concussion is one hit away. You're either concussed or you're not and "rest" is irrelevant to if/when the next one occurs. 

That's where the good news ends pretty much, because I think we know how this could go at this point. We need the "Good Saints Offense" to show up, putting pressure on the Bears to force the issue through the air. If the Bad Saints Offense shows up this turns into a low-scoring slogfest where Robinson is ignored for quarters at a time - like usual.

Sure the Bears' D has something to do with all of it, but particularly with Kamara the Saints can make things look effortless at times regardless of the defense they're playing. Getting that to happen could result in ARob putting up WR1 numbers - there is nothing scary about the matchup imo. Lattimore is not the elite player he's been for so long.

I think a reasonable explanation is the same dull WR3 stats we've seen the last couple weeks - considering how bad this offense looks right now - with upside for 80+ and a TD (WR2ish).

Fair points.

His target share makes his weekly floor pretty solid though, imo. 

4/70/0 and 5/53/0 aren’t the greatest lines, but you could do worse. Even possible he could’ve gotten another catch or two last week, had he not gotten hurt.

Reminds me of the IND game where he was shutdown most of the game and scored a garbage TD and got 70 yards on the Bears last drive of the game. That’s always a possibility with Robinson. And I actually like the matchup with Lattimore. Think he has a respectable week, and certainly much better one than whoever I could’ve found off the waiver wire to replace him.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

How exactly does one go about eating a game? 

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

He should ball out this game against a proven ineffective Lattimore in shadow coverage - though it is possible he is used as a decoy.  High variance here in terms of production.

15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He should ball out this game against a proven ineffective Lattimore in shadow coverage - though it is possible he is used as a decoy.  High variance here in terms of production.

I was making a dumb joke. He's going to eat in this game, he's not going to eat the game.

Again, sorry. 

35 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Great news.  He didn’t seem very affected by the hit when it happened, maybe if it’s mild enough they can pass thru in under a week?  

Was ok not starting him but glad to have the option.  Leggo ARob 

Was a bad hit. Helmet-helmet. Player received no fine and no flag was thrown in the game, but the refs made sure Robinson was off the field. Complete Bullsh*t.

But yes I think it was mild enough, not surprised he passed just weird he didn’t practice at all.

Just now, Brettg57 said:

Was a bad hit. Helmet-helmet. Player received no fine and no flag was thrown in the game, but the refs made sure Robinson was off the field. Complete Bullsh*t.

Agreed 100.  The no flag and no call was complete BS.  That’s how I knew ARob wasn’t that affected - he was screaming and throwing a fit bc of the poor officiating lol

18 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I was making a dumb joke. He's going to eat in this game, he's not going to eat the game.

Again, sorry. 

No reason to apologize - I did respond to your comment,  but not for that reason.  I’m starting him and hoping for the same.

• Like 1
Just now, Gohawks said:

It’s a concussion not soft tissue why wouldn’t he be playing normal?

Because after being declared active yesterday, the Bears stated they "expected him to play" as opposed to simply saying he'll be ready to go.

On 10/27/2020 at 12:01 AM, Gandalfthecat said:

Roto blurbers calling him a wr3 now. Yikes. 

Blurb from yesterday's game says he REMAINS a low end WR1 lol.

He was an easy pick during draft season if you want a near lock to return value or get very close to it. His seasonal paces are nearly identical to last year's numbers. Doesn't really chirp or celebrate much or throw out any extras. He's one of the quieter stars out there on the field, he just produces and goes about his business. Between that and the injuries he struggled through for a couple of years he's definitely one of the easier players to root for to me.

10 minutes ago, Foppatosakic said:

What's the consensus on this guys ROS outlook? Is he still being considered a low end WR1? 

Looking at his ROS Schedule yes he will return low end WR1 numbers based on volume alone. The only tough matchup is his lone GB matchup vs Jaire Alexander. You could even say he’s a good ‘buy-low candidate’.

Matchups are as follows.

Tennesse, Minnesota, Bye, Green Bay, Detroit, Houston, Minnesota, Jacksonville.

Edited by Brettg57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1