NBC Sports Edge Forums

Allen Robinson 2020 Outlook

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

He gets the bye to heal up at least. I hope Foles is OK, but I wonder who starts at QB in week 11... Foles being hurt could give the staff the out to go back to Mitch.

I wouldn’t mind round 2 with him at this point.

Not much choice.  Saw all I needed to from Bray.

Still being ranked around the WR13-15 rest of season, so as a High end WR2/Borderline WR1. With a playoff schedule of HOU, MN, JAX... and the panic of an awful game in primetime. That seems to be a perfect formula for a buy low opportunity. 

With how bad the bears offense and quarterback situation looks, can he really return on that WR1/2 value?

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

isn't this what we were saying about foles when trubisky was starting lol

I always thought with Foles in he would open up this offense and would allow for a lot more opportunities for everybody. This is supposed to be a system Foles knows very well and was brought up in. I was sadly mistaken.

With Trubisky he locks on his first read and never progresses his looks. Which ARob is the first read 85% of the time.

The problem is not ARob, its the whole offense.  The line cannot protect so Foles is like a deer in headlights.  Tough to watch.  I'd rather have Trubisky at this point even though I don't think it really makes a difference.  Saquon-Godwin-ARob.  What a way to start a draft.

15 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

The problem is not ARob, its the whole offense.  The line cannot protect so Foles is like a deer in headlights.  Tough to watch.  I'd rather have Trubisky at this point even though I don't think it really makes a difference.  Saquon-Godwin-ARob.  What a way to start a draft.

A Rob is the WR11 in PPR. Don't think it's fair to equivocate any disappointment you might feel about him with that of Saquon and Godwin.

Am I the only one not all that worried about him? He's had a solid 10 points l floor in PPR which is pretty nice. I think he's gonna have a few more good games and a few more floor games like this ROS. It'll be ugly but at the end of the season the numbers will be there. I don't expect week winning performances out of him, but he shouldn't be losing us weeks either.

Maybe the way we should view this week is that Foles was absolute trash and barely threw for 100 yards and Arob still got you double digits.

1 minute ago, fjthegrey said:

When Trubisky was the starter we needed him out and Foles in for AROB.
Now Foles is in we need him out and Trubisky back in for AROB.

What we actually need is Nagy out.

No, what we really truly actually need is ARob out and moved to any one of about 12 or 15 other teams.

Edited by JAG_challam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
17 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Anyone considering benching this weekend?

A date with Jaire Alexander and two banged up QBs have me thinking as much

Mitch Trubisky a full participant just FYI.

Think I'm rolling with ARob. Can't get worse than its been past few weeks with Nick Foles. As least Mitch is mobile, and his injury shouldn't impact that. Bears will likely need to throw.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nb009 said:

Mitch Trubisky a full participant just FYI.

Think I'm rolling with ARob. Can't get worse than its been past few weeks with Nick Foles. As least Mitch is mobile, and his injury shouldn't impact that. Bears will likely need to throw.

A-Rob going against one of the best in Jaire Alexander. Just be prepared for lowered expectations.

50 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

A-Rob going against one of the best in Jaire Alexander. Just be prepared for lowered expectations.

It all depends too on how they utilize A-Rob this week. If they were smart, they would move him around the field and in the slot a lot, where Jaire usually doesn't follow opposing WR1s. He can easily exploit anyone else in this GB secondary, so all it takes is a few big plays when Jaire isn't on him to give him a decent day.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GoPackGo23 said:

It all depends too on how they utilize A-Rob this week. If they were smart, they would move him around the field and in the slot a lot, where Jaire usually doesn't follow opposing WR1s. He can easily exploit anyone else in this GB secondary, so all it takes is a few big plays when Jaire isn't on him to give him a decent day.

Yep I mean if you used the draft capital to take A-Rob you're starting him at this point. Maybe if you traded for him as some sort of throw-in you can bench him. Now that byes are over it is really easy to see how thin waivers are in 12+ team leagues. You're relying on flyers if you're benching him in most competitive leagues. Not something I'm much into trying.

He's the #15 PPR WR this year.  In games 1-3 this year w/ Trubisky, he averaged 6 catches on 10.3 targets and 15.63 ppr points/game.  Trubisky should be the QB next week.   He has had double digit ppr points in 9 of 10 games this year.  His playoff schedule is vs HOU, @ MIN (dome), @ JAX.  He is bare minimum a wr2 unless they go to a 3rd string QB.  

• Like 2

Beast. Let's pray that Trubisky remains QB for ROS even though he was like Jekyl and Hyde out there tonight. Thought he looked good early, except for 1-2 poor passes that led to turnovers. 2nd half was much worse for him.

• Like 1

Garbage time stud - fantasy points are fantasy points at the end of the day.

Too bad his prime years will be wasted away in Chicago unless they find a better QB.  Dude could be an absolute fantasy monster with a better QB.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

Garbage time stud - fantasy points are fantasy points at the end of the day.

Too bad his prime years will be wasted away in Chicago unless they find a better QB.  Dude could be an absolute fantasy monster with a better QB.

Why do you automatically assume that he's going to resign with Chicago? He's been dropping bread crumbs on social media that he wants out.