NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nyheim Hines 2020 Outlook

I cannot believe someone in my league was able to pull off a trade for Waller for this waiver wire trash. And the funny thing was he actually tried convincing me that it was a fair trade. I made a post on here and to my surprise quite a few others actually thought it was a fair trade and that they would want Hines....lol

So basically a player that is a top 5 TE, one of the rarest positions to have a stud, for a player that had ONE blow up game where another player happened to get injured? A guy that would normally be on waivers? That's a fair trade? lol My league is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice post, you're obv a smart guy. But I picked up J.Kelly for free off waivers before week 1 so I guess I'm even smarter than you.

Moment of silence for everyone who blew their faab load on this guy

Nyheim Hines is going to be a League Winner after the Colts Week 7 BYE Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offen

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I cannot believe someone in my league was able to pull off a trade for Waller for this waiver wire trash. And the funny thing was he actually tried convincing me that it was a fair trade. I made a post on here and to my surprise quite a few others actually thought it was a fair trade and that they would want Hines....lol

So basically a player that is a top 5 TE, one of the rarest positions to have a stud, for a player that had ONE blow up game where another player happened to get injured? A guy that would normally be on waivers? That's a fair trade? lol My league is a joke.

Its called "Selling High".  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I really wish Yahoo would downgrade his weekly projection, it’s at like 16.5 in PPR. I have this issue where I must start the guys with the highest projections, even though I know it’s a bad idea.

maybe it's anticipated snap %, not projected pernts 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2

The delusion in this thread is entertaining to read. 7 days ago this guy was being touted as the #1 waiver add because of his rock solid safe floor in ppr. 
Now here we are one week later and your claiming this game is an outliner? 

1. An outliner game and players’ floor are the same thing. Therefore Hines’ floor is 0. So he is the opposite of a safe floor guy. 

2. Even if you list this negative game script as the cause for this performance, good luck spotting the next negative game script. Everyone penciled this in as a shootout, and we saw what happened. You’re basically betting on a guy that has a significant chance of being in 9 plays but that’s not the worse part....

3. Hines has always been a Duke Johnson type,Tony pollard, type player. That’s all he will ever be. If that’s worth the No.1 waiver/ 50% FAAB then I guess you nailed it.

I spent my waiver on J.Kelly instead bc id rather risk the unknown of Kelly’s potential than waist a spot on Nyheim Hines, who I already KNOW is loser and not fantasy stud.

I can guarantee you no one winning a fantasy league will have this guy in their starting lineup this season. I’d probs drop him for someone like Mattison, who at least has potential to help me win games down the road.

Edited by Jrt80
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

The delusion in this thread is entertaining to read. 7 days ago this guy was being touted as the #1 waiver add because of his rock solid safe floor in ppr. 

1. An outliner game and players’ floor are the same thing. Therefore Hines’ floor is 0. So he is the opposite of a safe floor guy. 

think you mean outlier buddy

Edited by collucho
5 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

2. Even if you list this negative game script as the cause for this performance, good luck spotting the next negative game script. Everyone penciled this in as a shootout, and we saw what happened. You’re basically betting on a guy that has a significant chance of being in 9 plays but that’s not the worse part....

3. Hines has always been a Duke Johnson type,Tony pollard, type player. That’s all he will ever be. If that’s worth the No.1 waiver/ 50% FAAB then I guess you nailed it.

I spent my waiver on J.Kelly instead bc id rather risk the unknown of Kelly’s potential than waist a spot on Nyheim Hines, who I already KNOW is loser and not fantasy stud.

I can guarantee you no one winning a fantasy league will have this guy in their starting lineup this season. I’d probs drop him for someone like Mattison, who at least has potential to help me win games down the road.

Completely wrong. An outliner is a software system for organizing text into a hierarchy.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Sonny_D said:

Completely wrong. An outliner is a software system for organizing text into a hierarchy.

I saw that and was in the process of editing it when your response popped up, so I just decided to own my mistake. 

BUT NOW  its time for you Hines owners to own up to your mistake. Sacrifice Nyheim to the waiver and ask for forgiveness from the fantasy gods for your sins. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Nice post, you're obv a smart guy. But I picked up J.Kelly for free off waivers before week 1 so I guess I'm even smarter than you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Many assumed a fairly safe PPR floor because of Rivers' propensity to throw to his RBs. It was a good assumption based on Rivers and the coaches stating he'd have a prominent role. Even prior to the season, these things were talked about, leading some (like me) to spend a late pick on him just in case he'd be good for 5-6 catches a game with maybe a handful of rushes. 

The problem is the overreactions. Folks overreacted to week one, and now others are overreacting to week two. We're going to find out in the next couple of weeks what we can expect from Hines. I'd wager, on average, he'll still fall squarely between his 15 touches in week one and 1 touch in week two...garnering 6-8 touches per week. He will be very game flow dependent though, if Sunday was any indication. If the Colts get up big and start trying to salt the game away with Taylor (as they should do), then forget Hines. But if the game stays close or the Colts fall behind, then I think see Hines' snap count go up. The problem is you have to guess which it'll be prior to the game, lol. 

In a normal season, I'd say Hines is cut-worthy, but with the way players are dropping like flies this year, IF you have the bench space and a deep enough roster, I think he's worth holding onto. If something happens to Taylor, too, then Hines' value skyrockets. 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

We've already won. We didn't waste FAAB or waiver priority for him. 

I picked him up for free right before last Sundays game so I guess I won too? 

Idk why I didn't just block you during last season, still think Miles Sanders sucks? Lol

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

I picked him up for free right before last Sundays game so I guess I won too? 

Idk why I didn't just block you during last season, still think Miles Sanders sucks? Lol

Last year Howard was better there was no doubt early in the season. I said this would be the year for Sanders. Sanders wasn't ready. Wrong reads, fumbles, etc. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
25 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Many assumed a fairly safe PPR floor because of Rivers' propensity to throw to his RBs. It was a good assumption based on Rivers and the coaches stating he'd have a prominent role. Even prior to the season, these things were talked about, leading some (like me) to spend a late pick on him just in case he'd be good for 5-6 catches a game with maybe a handful of rushes. 

The problem is the overreactions. Folks overreacted to week one, and now others are overreacting to week two. We're going to find out in the next couple of weeks what we can expect from Hines. I'd wager, on average, he'll still fall squarely between his 15 touches in week one and 1 touch in week two...garnering 6-8 touches per week. He will be very game flow dependent though, if Sunday was any indication. If the Colts get up big and start trying to salt the game away with Taylor (as they should do), then forget Hines. But if the game stays close or the Colts fall behind, then I think see Hines' snap count go up. The problem is you have to guess which it'll be prior to the game, lol. 

In a normal season, I'd say Hines is cut-worthy, but with the way players are dropping like flies this year, IF you have the bench space and a deep enough roster, I think he's worth holding onto. If something happens to Taylor, too, then Hines' value skyrockets. 

If something happens to Taylor this Hines thread will implode. I think week 2 was a fluke.

As a fellow owner, what would make you more upset of these two decisions in week 3:

1)  you start him and he puts up another donut

2)  you bench him and he has a double digit fantasy points

I think it would be #2 for me.  You gotta think he gets more involved this week.  He must have peeved off the coaches or something.  You don't just disappear.

2 minutes ago, Vikezfan said:

As a fellow owner, what would make you more upset of these two decisions in week 3:

1)  you start him and he puts up another donut

2)  you bench him and he has a double digit fantasy points

I think it would be #2 for me.  You gotta think he gets more involved this week.  He must have peeved off the coaches or something.  You don't just disappear.

This^

The Coaches have been saying that Hines will be a big part of the offense all offseason while both Mack and Taylor was still healthy....and it showed week 1.

Week 2 was a Fluke. maybe Hines didnt feel well or suttin? I still expect this kid to ball, especially in closer games or come from behind game scrips.The Vikings are trash

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

This^

The Coaches have been saying that Hines will be a big part of the offense all offseason while both Mack and Taylor was still healthy....and it showed week 1.

Week 2 was a Fluke. maybe Hines didnt feel well or suttin? I still expect this kid to ball, especially in closer games or come from behind game scrips.The Vikings are trash

Vikings weren’t putting up points and they didn’t want Phil to blow it by passing too much (he threw one pick in the red zone). Vikings defense was allowing MAC to get open and Colts o line created holes for JT to keep pounding the rock. Plain and simple.

Colts aren’t going to be going against an offense that can only put up 11 points often. Yeah we can expect a possible dud from Hines next week (though after watching the Jets I wouldn’t be surprised if anyone takes an 80 yard run to the house). But after next week Hines will most likely be involved again.

it’s week 2

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

The problem is the overreactions. Folks overreacted to week one, and now others are overreacting to week two. 

The bipolar Rotoworld overreactions would annoy me if they weren't so damned entertaining. Hines is somewhere in between stud ppr RB(after week 1) and useless WW fodder(after week 2)

• Like 2