NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nyheim Hines 2020 Outlook

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice post, you're obv a smart guy. But I picked up J.Kelly for free off waivers before week 1 so I guess I'm even smarter than you.

Moment of silence for everyone who blew their faab load on this guy

Nyheim Hines is going to be a League Winner after the Colts Week 7 BYE Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offen

Posted Images

He’s going to be like a non-injured Will Fuller type. Gets no usage and we write him off, then goes off for 20 points and we start him the next week only to get 2.7 points. 

basically only goes off on our benches for the entire year

i do think snaps are key. This year isn’t much different than last in terms of injuries not really impacting his playing time because of his role. Rivers’ role is/was key since he has a propensity to use the RBs a ton, but if Indy takes away his keys and goes conservative, I don’t think it really matters 

Edited by jimithing11

I think Frank Reich told the truth in the off-season when he said the “hot hand” was the approach they were taking with the running backs. Based on the type of back he is I think JT is going to get more than his fair share of opportunities early in games to be the hot hand. Maybe there’s a game here and there where Phil throws picks on the first two possessions and the Colts are playing from behind but it’s hard for me to envision this offense not going through Taylor first and second with Hines getting about 30-35 percent of the RB touches over the course of the season. 

1 hour ago, ShopHeirlooms said:

Guy cost me week 2 smh. I spent a lot of FAAB on him, I can’t drop. Is he just out of the loop that quick?

You shouldn't not drop because of the FAAB. That's a sunk cost and could make the problem worse if you hold him and miss on other guys. 

Whether you drop depends on the league really. I picked him up in a shallow 10 teamer and a deep league and am holding for at least another week or two in the deep league.

31 minutes ago, Evincar said:

I dont know why would you drop a RB on a team with Rivers. 

Correct.

Sproles, Woodhead, Ekeler, now Hines (with Mack & Campbell injures). RB’s are always targeted by Rivers. Relax, he’s still gonna be useful 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

He’s going to be like a non-injured Will Fuller type. Gets no usage and we write him off, then goes off for 20 points and we start him the next week only to get 2.7 points. 

basically only goes off on our benches for the entire year

i do think snaps are key. This year isn’t much different than last in terms of injuries not really impacting his playing time because of his role. Rivers’ role is/was key since he has a propensity to use the RBs a ton, but if Indy takes away his keys and goes conservative, I don’t think it really matters 

Reminds me of Theo Riddick. Oh i hated that man.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

👀

I'd love for them to get raked over the coals a bit when they stuff like this.  What made you forget him this week?  You were already down a RB and everyone was gushing over Hines in camp

Nyheim Hines is showing tremendous rapport with Philip Rivers, so much so that the Athletic suggests that the 75 reception total that was bandied about earlier in camp may not be overly optimistic. “I've never seen Hines this active in the offense. Maybe all that talk of him having 75 catches isn’t that insane”. Philip Rivers is known to pepper his running backs with targets, though those expecting Hines to see a lot of playing time after the team drafted Jonathan Taylor may be disappointed. It's possible that he'll be on the field with Taylor (or Marlon Mack) but he only played 32% snaps last season, and that was before the Colts traded up to draft Taylor.

Snap counts week 1

Taylor - 26 plays 35%

Hines - 39 plays 53%

Wilkins - 1 play 1%

Mack - 11 plays 15%

Snap counts week 2

Taylor - 49 plays 67%

Hines - 9 plays 12%

Wilkins - 17 plays 23%

Mack - out for the year

Hines last year had 31.5% of the offensive snaps.  Sunday was his lower than any game last year, and then you throw in the surrounding circumstances and just have to throw your arms up and say

giphy.gif

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 4
59 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Even with the ridiculous game, Hines is still on pace for 72 receptions, lol. Just need those median games of 4-5 catches to be more consistent in order to reach the aforementioned 75ish-catch range. 

Not to mention, the game on Sunday was the fewest touches he has had in an NFL game.  Ever.  He had touched the ball at least twice in every game until Sunday.  Anyone predicting what happened Sunday is full of it.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 2

I could be wrong, but I think Hines is really going to be a game flow type of producer.  Someone mentioned Will Fuller with respect to the boom or bust production we might see, and I don't think that's far off.  This past week was an example of them being up, and as a running team, pounding it on the ground which pushes Hines to the sideline.  In closer games, or if playing from behind, this guy will probably be gold.   If he has a big game this week, and that inconsistency isn't something you like, then shopping him might not be a bad idea.  Seeing Jordan Wilkins get so much run with the lead could be the playbook we see going forward.  It's only been 2 games so who truly knows.

I think Week 2 was almost entirely because of the absolute embarrassment that was Kirk Cousins. 113 yards and 3 INT in the passing era is just amazingly bad for a QB that didn't get hurt and played a full game. I think the Colts recognized that there was no need to do anything other than pound the ball 35 times with Taylor (26 carries) and Wilkins (9).

However, I could see the same thing game script lining up here again with the Jets this weekend and maybe the Bears next weekend. I won't feel comfortable starting Hines as flex in either of those two games but after that I think each game lines up well for Hines to get 4-5 targets a game and a few carries which is more than acceptable for a ppr flex especially during bye weeks. But any spike weeks will be impossible to predict barring an injury to Mack.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Is there any chance they could line him out wide with JT still on the field? Especially with Parris Campbell out. I don't think I can play him anytime soon but I can't wait to see his usage going forward.

I'm no expert on the Colts, however the games I have watched I don't recall Reich splitting RBs out wide very often

39 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I think Week 2 was almost entirely because of the absolute embarrassment that was Kirk Cousins. 113 yards and 3 INT in the passing era is just amazingly bad for a QB that didn't get hurt and played a full game. I think the Colts recognized that there was no need to do anything other than pound the ball 35 times with Taylor (26 carries) and Wilkins (9).

However, I could see the same thing game script lining up here again with the Jets this weekend and maybe the Bears next weekend. I won't feel comfortable starting Hines as flex in either of those two games but after that I think each game lines up well for Hines to get 4-5 targets a game and a few carries which is more than acceptable for a ppr flex especially during bye weeks. But any spike weeks will be impossible to predict barring an injury to Mack.

This.  In any kind of competitive game Hines is going to get a ton of touches.  When the Colts are running away with the game, you'll see all Taylor with some JAG-Wilkens spelling some drives.

Nyheim Hines is going to be a League Winner after the Colts Week 7 BYE

Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offenses where there is more of a back-and-forth.

Check out these upcoming shootouts that Hines will be putting up HUGE numbers:

Week 8 - Stafford/Lions

Week 9 - Lamar/Ravens

Week 10 - Tannehill/Titans

Week 11 - Rodgers/Packers

Week 12 - Tannehill/Titans

Week 13 - Watson/Texans

Week 14 - Carr/Raiders

Week 15 - Watson/Texans

Week 16 - Ben/Steelers

Be patient. Hold onto this guy. He will absolutely feast down the stretch.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offenses where there is more of a back-and-forth.

Week 8 - Stafford/Lions

Week 9 - Lamar/Ravens

Week 13 - Watson/Texans

Week 14 - Carr/Raiders

Week 15 - Watson/Texans

Week 16 - Ben/Steelers

You lose all credibility though when you call him a league winner. Oh wait I forgot you already lost all your credibility when you called Ekeler a poor man’s Nyheim Hines 😂Hines will have some productive games but the problem is Indy D is really good and they’ll handle many of those offenses you listed 

2 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

Week 8 - Stafford/Lions

Week 9 - Lamar/Ravens

Week 13 - Watson/Texans

Week 14 - Carr/Raiders

Week 15 - Watson/Texans

Week 16 - Ben/Steelers

U tryin to hard bruh.