NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nyheim Hines 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, alexcuse said:

If Lamar Miller or Devonta Freeman signs with Colts, how do we see it affecting Hines?

I could be wrong, but I think Wilkins gives them about the same guy that Mack is...I think they have even more depth beyond that as well. I don't see a signing in Indy.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice post, you're obv a smart guy. But I picked up J.Kelly for free off waivers before week 1 so I guess I'm even smarter than you.

Moment of silence for everyone who blew their faab load on this guy

Nyheim Hines is going to be a League Winner after the Colts Week 7 BYE Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offen

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cardiak said:

I got bluffed by him last season. I gotta see it again to believe it. 

Doubtful they lean on the rookie in 2 minute drills and crunch time until he demonstrates mastery of offense and blitz pick up. 

Also of note that rivers doesn't run, he checks down. Hines is a guy that can feast on check downs. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Cardiak said:

I got bluffed by him last season. I gotta see it again to believe it. 

I think the difference for him this year is Checkdown Phillip at QB. That said, I do tend to believe that Sunday was his high-water mark in terms of touches. The hope will be that he'll have those games where he gets 6-8 receptions, but I do believe there will be inconsistency. A lot of it is going to depend on Taylor, imho. If he struggles more than expected, we'll see more of Hines. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't use previous seasons as my gauge. Rivers uses guys like this both well and often. He's not gonna do what he did week 1 every week, but I think 4 catches with 60 or so total yards each week is very doable. 

Now while that's much better than last year, it's still only an RB3/4, so I wouldn't break the FAAB bank to get him. 

3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I think we have to take into account that JT was tackled on the 1 on that 35 yard explosion. He was extremely close to scoring there. Hines scored a couple plays later. That is a 12 point swing for week 1. 

That's fair, but on the flip side of that....doesn't it worry you that the Colts used Hines ahead of him in a goal line package? As a fan, I'm not sure what reich is doing there.

Call it overreacting, but i'm thinking this guy takes 50% FAAB to get.

He was already a decent flier prior to the Mack injury, especially in PPR leagues, probably would've been worth a decent bid even with Mack. Now you're getting a guaranteed 3rd down RB, plus more, on a Philip Rivers led offense for an entire season? If you're RB needy, I don't think there is going to be a much better FA come up available during the season, at least one with a more clearly defined role. (Snell and Brown already owned, and RB is scarce this year).

Trying to not go overboard, but I think it's worth a monster bid this early.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Call it overreacting, but i'm thinking this guy takes 50% FAAB to get.

He was already a decent flier prior to the Mack injury, especially in PPR leagues, probably would've been worth a decent bid even with Mack. Now you're getting a guaranteed 3rd down RB, plus more, on a Philip Rivers led offense for an entire season? If you're RB needy, I don't think there is going to be a much better FA come up available during the season, at least one with a more clearly defined role. (Snell and Brown already owned, and RB is scarce this year).

Trying to not go overboard, but I think it's worth a monster bid this early.

Agreed. Even with Mack he was still part of the offense with check down king Rivers. He was suppose to be on EVERYONES bench already before week 1 even happened! If I didnt already own Hines I would be comfortable spending Atleast 60% FAAB on him and still prey I get him. Thats just me though cause I KNOW the production I would be getting with Hines With Rivers.

The thing is, the majority of the RBs that will be elevated to big fantasy asset due to an injury are owned like Mattison, Murray, Pollard, Edmunds, etc. There may be more situations like this later in the year like if Carson goes down and Hyde is sitting there but it doesn't happen that often. So I agree with going big on Hines if you need RB help

• Like 3
2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Someone in my league just pulled highway robbery and made a trade for Waller for his Hines. LOL

He tried to compare Hines' value to Eckler's last year.

Id rather have Hines.

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

The thing is, the majority of the RBs that will be elevated to big fantasy asset due to an injury are owned like Mattison, Murray, Pollard, Edmunds, etc. There may be more situations like this later in the year like if Carson goes down and Hyde is sitting there but it doesn't happen that often. So I agree with going big on Hines if you need RB help

I agree with this 100 percent. If you're going to spend your FAAB, spend it early. Like you said, this is the time of year when undrafted or waived players surprise and "come from nowhere". Later in the season, guys who take over a prominent role at RB or WR are most likely owned already. And why not spend more FAAB at the beginning of the year to get a guy who can produce for you for the next 15 weeks rather than holding onto it and dropping chunks on guys who will only help you out for a couple of weeks or a handful of weeks. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Agreed. Even with Mack he was still part of the offense with check down king Rivers. He was suppose to be on EVERYONES bench already before week 1 even happened! If I didnt already own Hines I would be comfortable spending Atleast 60% FAAB on him and still prey I get him. Thats just me though cause I KNOW the production I would be getting with Hines With Rivers.

Well damn...

Did you just convince me to bump by bid up from $53 to $63??

3 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Someone in my league just pulled highway robbery and made a trade for Waller for his Hines. LOL

In no way is that trade "highway robbery". 

It's a fair deal for both sides.

I'd probably rather have Hines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

2 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

In no way is that trade "highway robbery". 

It's a fair deal for both sides.

I'd probably rather have Hines.

Same.

TE is surprisingly deep this year. Sure, Waller is a stud, but once you get outside the top handful, there are a boatload of guys in the 10-20 range who all have very real top 10 capabilities. Guys in my leagues who I'm shocked are unowned, but I just don't have the bench space to add them.

If you have a RB need, I'd rather get Hines then add a Herndon/Jonnu/Doyle type. Even Logan Thomas as a flier.

2 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Honestly, not a terrible case.

Nyheim Hines is actually more talented than Ekeler. 

Hines ran a 4.38 40 yard dash. He's got electric speed.

I view Ekeler as a poor man's Nyheim Hines...not the other way around.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1