NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nyheim Hines 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

No, the goal is to predict future points by making reasonable and educated decisions.

That's the difference between good and bad fantasy players.  Only one of them complains about luck, because they are gambling.

Self Indulgence level: Maximum

I didn't see or hear anything about expecting Hines to be completely phased out after Mack got hurt, I must have missed your posts.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice post, you're obv a smart guy. But I picked up J.Kelly for free off waivers before week 1 so I guess I'm even smarter than you.

Moment of silence for everyone who blew their faab load on this guy

Nyheim Hines is going to be a League Winner after the Colts Week 7 BYE Do not be fooled by these last 2 weeks versus Cousins/Vikings and Darnold/Jets. You want to play Hines facing good QBs/Offen

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

Hines just ****** everybody 

11 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

So this cat just busted today and is not injured?

The eternal optimist in me says this was a long term coaching strategy to game plan against opponents knowing what or who to expect to get the play calls in future games. 🥴

23 minutes ago, !!! said:

Self Indulgence level: Maximum

I didn't see or hear anything about expecting Hines to be completely phased out after Mack got hurt, I must have missed your posts.

I was on here saying it was crazy that Hines was getting so much love. I said Mckinnon is more talented and should be owned more. 

5 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

I was on here saying it was crazy that Hines was getting so much love. I said Mckinnon is more talented and should be owned more. 

Really?  So you called the worst game of his CAREER after he had the biggest game of his career AND the guy ahead of him went down, and one of the other guys playing today was inactive in week 1 and got more run.  You called that? I'm looking through his game logs and every other game FOR HIS CAREER he has had more touches.  His value was understandable especially in PPR.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Sternes said:

Really?  So you called the worst game of his CAREER after he had the biggest game of his career AND the guy ahead of him went down, and one of the other guys playing today was inactive in week 1 and got more run.  You called that? I'm looking through his game logs and every other game FOR HIS CAREER he has had more touches.  His value was understandable especially in PPR.

He is overvalued. That is what I called right, evidenced by how he vanished today. 

3 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

He is overvalued. That is what I called right, evidenced by how he vanished today. 

Yeah okay.  MMQB it.  I don't even see you in the past few pages I glanced through.  Must have felt really strongly about it.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Moment of silence for everyone who blew their faab load on this guy

Sunk cost fallacy still remains in effect. I'm going to maintain they didn't need him vs putrid vikings. In a game when they are down maybe they'll use Hines. Maybe. :(

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Obviously Taylor was always the play here, Hines cant be a workhorse RB and was destined to be the satellite pass catching back. Nobody should be patting themselves on the back for 'predicting' that.

The discussion was always whether Hines could play the Ekeler/Woodhead role and it was understandable why it could be thought so. Those are weekly flex numbers and that's where I was thinking but now that's in serious doubt obviously.

Gotta love people who are in here trying to say this is the outcome they thought would happen. Either you said that earlier in the week or gtfo, you're just trying to look smart.

1 minute ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Overvalued how? Hes a waiver pickup. Should have grabbed who? Snell, Brown? It's a total crapshoot. Anyone who missed it's just the same story of waiver pickups year in and year out. Most will miss, no use dwelling on it.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Sunk cost fallacy still remains in effect. I'm going to maintain they didn't need him vs putrid vikings. In a game when they are down maybe they'll use Hines. Maybe. :(

Certainly wasn't a catchup role for him.  At the same time, it didn't seem like he needed one last week. Strange he was out there early and often last week and he didn't seem to be today (I did not see either game). 

Again, worst usage of his career today.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, !!! said:

Obviously Taylor was always the play here, Hines cant be a workhorse RB and was destined to be the satellite pass catching back. Nobody should be patting themselves on the back for 'predicting' that.

The discussion was always whether Hines could play the Ekeler/Woodhead role and it was understandable why it could be thought so. Those are weekly flex numbers and that's where I was thinking but now that's in serious doubt obviously.

Gotta love people who are in here trying to say this is the outcome they thought would happen. Either you said that earlier in the week or gtfo, you're just trying to look smart.

Overvalued how? Hes a waiver pickup. Should have grabbed who? Snell, Brown? It's a total crapshoot. Anyone who missed it's just the same story of waiver pickups year in and year out. Most will miss, no use dwelling on it.

I said I didn't get all the love he was getting in the waiver wire thread. I picked Snell over him, but that didn't work out this week. Thought Snell could run away with the job. I'd make that move 10/10 times. Never was a fan of 3rd down backs. Standard scoring for life!

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Yeah okay.  MMQB it.  I don't even see you in the past few pages I glanced through.  Must have felt really strongly about it.

Don't even bother with that guy. He was hating on Miles Sanders and telling everyone how great jordan howard is all of last season 

• Haha 1

I do think it's funny when people try to beat their chest about avoiding this guy..like it was obvious this was going to happen. Nobody realistically believed Hines was going be some high end RB2 or anything. I got him thinking low end RB2/Flex at best. It didn't work out..ah well. For every James Robinson you hit..there's a Nyheim Hines...on to the next one

Edited by CPuente57
  • Like 1