NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dynasty league trade Mecole Hardman for Diontae Johnson WHIR

I play in a 1 PPR dynasty league 

we start 

2qb/3wr/2rb/1te/2flex

Who do you like more in dynasty leagues Diontae Johnson or Mecole Hardman? I was offered Diontae for my Mecole. I love the KC O obviously and Ben’s health/age makes me nervous. I do like Diontae a lot this year though. What do you guys think? Thanks! Leave a link and I will help with yours

They're both promising young receivers, with similar rookie seasons, but:

- Kansas is the better offense and Mahomes is the better QB right now

- Hardman is 2 years younger (that's a lot in dynasty)

- Diontae is probably closer to becoming the top dog

In the end though, nobody knows, and if you feel strongly about DJ, then go for it. It's much more fun to see "your" guys grow and develop.

But if you get that deal offered, see if you can get a minor pick for next season added as insurance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BBQ capital of the world & it's not even close!! Plays for the leagues most lethal offense. Steel city has a QB who's older than the ground we walk on. Who also is coming off a nasty injury / surgery. 

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

I play in a 1 PPR dynasty league 

we start 

2qb/3wr/2rb/1te/2flex

Who do you like more in dynasty leagues Diontae Johnson or Mecole Hardman? I was offered Diontae for my Mecole. I love the KC O obviously and Ben’s health/age makes me nervous. I do like Diontae a lot this year though. What do you guys think? Thanks! Leave a link and I will help with yours

It's close but I would have to go with Hardman

• Thanks 1

I’m a Chiefs fan but own Diontae in dynasty. Don’t think I’d trade him for Hardman. Can’t ever see Hardman having the route tree for any kind of consistency. He will be a better real life player than fantasy though because of that field stretching, special teams, home run ability

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is an interesting one. I don’t think you could be faulted for either choice. I have a feeling DJ is closer to producing this season. But I like longer term prospects of Hardman. If Watkins would get out of the way we could all add Hardman and feel great about it. But this Watkins has been a pain in my a** for years. Weather on my team or not. I of course had him on bench for that big game, then start playing him and he stunk the place up. In years past other have had him and the dirty bastid goes off only when he is on my opponent’s team that week. I’m not sure why but this buffoon is somehow kryptonite for my fantasy prospects. Not sure why either, he sucks anytime I have him in line up. 🤬🤬🤬😤

• Haha 1