Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

TD saved his day, are we talking about Drake? He went 13 for 65 and and 3 for 45 with a td. That's 110 total yards and and three catches and was averaging 5 yards a carry. Hyde got 5 touches for 11 yards. I think what hurt him was SEA not running the ball enough and "LeTting Ruz CoOk". Wilson being pretty awful and not sustaining drives. Sea overlooked an improving Giants team. 

 

Saved the day is a bit hyperbolic on my part, but it was big. Took it from a 9-10 point day to a 20 point in PPR. That's low end RB2 to solid RB1 off one play and I'll gladly take it. I'm just worried with these comments from Carroll every week that Carson is going to come out of one of these games with his foot sprain re-aggravated. Watching the game, it was very clear to me they did not want to overtax Carson today, but ended up playing him more than anticipated because they were trailing. Just my read.

Since I got a playoff BYE next week, I'm hoping they rest up Carson in practice, and rest him up a bit against the Jets so he can finish the season near 100%. The man is electric every time he is on the field.

Edited by harck
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow - a freak injury occurred from him being tackled. Not a hamstring, not something from just running. But he got tackled awkwardly and twisted his body.  Please kindly escort yourself out for p

Um Carson got 20 touches to Hyde's 7 and he got a TD, what more do u want? 😆 

Posted Images

Kinda crazy how given the 2019 Seahawks we all thought we were getting a 20 carry per game workhorse in a run heavy offense.  Instead we have a guy putting up super efficient numbers on 11 carries per game and doing a decent amount of work in the receiving game. Dudes a beast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hero202 said:

Kinda crazy how given the 2019 Seahawks we all thought we were getting a 20 carry per game workhorse in a run heavy offense.  Instead we have a guy putting up super efficient numbers on 11 carries per game and doing a decent amount of work in the receiving game. Dudes a beast.


Yep and it shows how horrible the game was called today. This should have easily been one of those games where Carson gets 20 carries. I’m so glad they lost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you guys feel about starting Carson in the playoffs? Am I crazy for thinking of sitting him? Little Pete's words after the game don't make me feel confident rolling with Carson in a must-win win or go home playoff game. Talked about how Carson isn't 100%, how they're being smart with him so he's healthy down the stretch, etc. Add to that the possibility of an in-game injury or re-injury and I'm having some serious considerations here.

Edited by RoseLin23
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

How do you guys feel about starting Carson in the playoffs? Am I crazy for thinking of sitting him? Little Pete's words after the game don't make me feel confident rolling with Carson in a must-win win or go home playoff game. Talked about how Carson isn't 100%, how they're being smart with him so he's healthy down the stretch, etc. Add to that the possibility of an in-game injury or re-injury and I'm having some serious considerations here.

 

Unless he's inactive and doesn't practice all week, there's no reason not to roll him out. Them losing to the Giants this week means they can't coast the rest of the way, they need to win out. It's also clear Carlos Hyde is as injured as Carson with his DNP last week (and only 5 touches this week), and they don't trust Dallas/Homer to carry the featured role. Penny still hasn't practiced in over a year. While Carson is still not 100%, unless we see definitive news that he has to sit and he has re-aggravated his injury, he is a play. 

Edited by harck
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, harck said:

 

Unless he's inactive and doesn't practice all week, there's no reason not to roll him out. Them losing to the Giants this week means they can't coast the rest of the way, they need to win out. It's also clear Carlos Hyde is as injured as Carson with his DNP last week (and only 5 touches this week), and they don't trust Dallas/Homer to carry the featured role. Penny still hasn't practiced in over a year. While Carson is still not 100%, unless we see definitive news that he has to sit and he has re-aggravated his injury, he is a play. 

Not debating your point, but Hyde had 17 touches last week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Any concern from best writers with the limited practice status this week? Is Penny still scheduled to come back this week? 
 

Carsons been a stud when he gets touches...just trying to confirm that he will get his touches Sunday 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2020 at 3:12 AM, varock said:

Never trust Carroll. Even if he’s being candid, the prudent takeaway is to take whatever he says with a grain of salt. Like the commentator above stated, if he gets in practice this week, you play him. 

 

Q) when is rahrahPetey lying?

A) anytime he's talking!

 

giphy.webp

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Penny will be back. Does that drop Carson down the rankings for anyone? It's possible he doesn't do anything but take a few snaps from Hyde, but if they want to use all three guys, it clearly hurts Carson. He had a nearly 20 touch floor before, now that could drop to around 15 instead. Should we be worried?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Looks like Penny will be back. Does that drop Carson down the rankings for anyone? It's possible he doesn't do anything but take a few snaps from Hyde, but if they want to use all three guys, it clearly hurts Carson. He had a nearly 20 touch floor before, now that could drop to around 15 instead. Should we be worried?

Well he's had more of a 15 touch ceiling since he's been back, and has still produced RB1 numbers. I don't think anything meaningful will be taken from him, he's an absolutely dynamic runner and hopefully he's just getting revved up.still their best GL back, underrated pass catcher, their best runner period. Expecting a breakout from him this week since his return.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Well he's had more of a 15 touch ceiling since he's been back, and has still produced RB1 numbers. I don't think anything meaningful will be taken from him, he's an absolutely dynamic runner and hopefully he's just getting revved up.still their best GL back, underrated pass catcher, their best runner period. Expecting a breakout from him this week since his return.

You're right. He's been right around 15 touches the last few weeks. I guess that actually makes me more concerned. Could he be looking at only a dozen touches this week. As good as he's been, he becomes very TD or bust with any reduction in volume.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...