Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ninersdd said:

I guess we are hoping that AB doesn't sign in Seattle, right?

 

I honestly don't think it affects DK much, if anything it helps him. Lockett on the other hand will probably see some of his target volume split with AB in this hypothetical scenario.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

I guess we are hoping that AB doesn't sign in Seattle, right?

Not too concerned about AB.  Guy hasn't played in a year or so. He's old by WR standards.  Doesn't know the offense.  If he signs there I don't see it for him being more than a 3rd option in the offense.  

I don't understand why they would want to bring that headcase in in the first place, but I don't see him taking anything away from DK if they did. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

It would not help him. 

I was kind of surprised it took a while for anyone to bump this thread with the AB news. I also think it would dig in to his value a bit. It wouldn't be the end of the world or anything. There are a lot of people (myself included) who think DK has a shot to be pretty close to WR1 by seasons end. A lot of people are giving up a lot to acquire him as a result. I think it might pump the breaks on WR1 and perhaps disappoint those giving up the farm for him. He would still be good of course and the likelihood of Antonio Brown to Seattle is far from a given. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

Not a DK or lockett owner...hoping AB signs in SEA to eat up some targs

Targets? What targets? DK is avg 4 a game for 100 yds and a TD, if anything, this only eats into Lockett. Wilson came forward saying DK is unlike any WR he is ever seen, and you think he goes away just because AB comes to town? Hill and Kelce have no problem being WR1 and TE1 with fire power at KC, I do not see much regression, only in offense opportunities because theyll be scoring at will

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Not too concerned about AB.  Guy hasn't played in a year or so. He's old by WR standards.  Doesn't know the offense.  If he signs there I don't see it for him being more than a 3rd option in the offense.  

I don't understand why they would want to bring that headcase in in the first place, but I don't see him taking anything away from DK if they did. 

 

Guessing the thought is he respects Russ and would listen to him... seattle looking for the win this year but, its AB so anything could happen. DK safe either way, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last thing I’d ever want to do as a coach is bring in an unhinged veteran who could derail the development of my budding superstar. But Hippie Petey sees himself as the patriarch of some sort of NFL halfway house so I’m sure it’s exactly what we’re gonna get.  As a hawks fan I hate that this has become our MO to the point that we’d even take a shot on AB. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I was kind of surprised it took a while for anyone to bump this thread with the AB news. I also think it would dig in to his value a bit. It wouldn't be the end of the world or anything. There are a lot of people (myself included) who think DK has a shot to be pretty close to WR1 by seasons end. A lot of people are giving up a lot to acquire him as a result. I think it might pump the breaks on WR1 and perhaps disappoint those giving up the farm for him. He would still be good of course and the likelihood of Antonio Brown to Seattle is far from a given. 

 

I agree with everything you say here. 

 

There's no situation that I can think of where adding a new prominent player mid season helps out the established guys. 

 

The best examples are players coming off PUP / IR / Suspensions. 

 

Their returns always provide a reduction in targets for established players. 

 

While I agree that DK will be less impacted than lockett would, DK does more than just catch bombs 60 yards downfield. He makes a big play out of intermediate slants each game it seems and last time I saw AB in uniform he was arguably the best in the NFL at that route. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

AB and Flash are not equal. 

Yea, agreed.  Gordon is just a pothead.  AB is a cancer in a locker room.  


At least he HAS been.  Has the last year or so humbled him?  Maybe.  But if he comes to Seattle and starts getting 2 or 3 looks a game because Metcalf and Lockett are ballin then there's nothing that will lead me to believe that he won't be complaining.  The Seahawks are undefeated without him.  I get that teams are always trying to improve, and they should be, but I just don't really see AB bringing anything to this team at this point in his career. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

This would be terrible for Lockett and DK fantasy value. AB will get his if he joins.

Just curious why you think that AB would come in and command targets at 32 years old, out of the league for a year, and having no understanding of the offense over two guys who have been in the system, are younger, and in all honesty are probably better than AB at this point in their careers. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Just curious why you think that AB would come in and command targets at 32 years old, out of the league for a year, and having no understanding of the offense over two guys who have been in the system, are younger, and in all honesty are probably better than AB at this point in their careers. 

 

Simple. Seahawks know he would be a massive risk but if they are still willing to sign him, that means they believe in his talent. And if they believe in his talent, he is going to get targets.

 

No team that thinks he is washed would sign him, so wherever he goes, he is going to get used a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

 

Simple. Seahawks know he would be a massive risk but if they are still willing to sign him, that means they believe in his talent. And if they believe in his talent, he is going to get targets.

 

No team that thinks he is washed would sign him, so wherever he goes, he is going to get used a lot

 

This is a move to compete with the Chiefs and their insane firepower. Only thing that makes sense

Hawks defense is so bad, might as well go all out on offense. 

Personally I'm against it. Tired of this whole AB narrative, just want him to go away already. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

I agree with everything you say here. 

 

There's no situation that I can think of where adding a new prominent player mid season helps out the established guys. 

 

The best examples are players coming off PUP / IR / Suspensions. 

 

Their returns always provide a reduction in targets for established players. 

 

While I agree that DK will be less impacted than lockett would, DK does more than just catch bombs 60 yards downfield. He makes a big play out of intermediate slants each game it seems and last time I saw AB in uniform he was arguably the best in the NFL at that route. 

Yeah I would expect DK to be a WR1...just not necessarily THE WR1. He's starting to be valued pretty close to the very top there and people are aggressively targeting him via trade and really i've a lot of paying up based on where he's expected to be by the end of the year. If this happened I think it could take some shine off. It'll still be very good but maybe not quite what people are aiming for here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

This is a move to compete with the Chiefs and their insane firepower. Only thing that makes sense

Hawks defense is so bad, might as well go all out on offense. 

Personally I'm against it. Tired of this whole AB narrative, just want him to go away already. 

 

Would make sense for almost everyone but AB. AB has the ability to ruin a team

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

This is a move to compete with the Chiefs and their insane firepower. Only thing that makes sense

Hawks defense is so bad, might as well go all out on offense. 

Personally I'm against it. Tired of this whole AB narrative, just want him to go away already. 

 

To compete with the Chiefs you have to first come out of the NFC. 

 

Hawks haven't been able to see an NFC championship game since that super bowl loss to Pats that feels like ages ago. 

 

5-0 is good, but their schedule been super soft so far. Let's see how these next 4 games go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

 

Simple. Seahawks know he would be a massive risk but if they are still willing to sign him, that means they believe in his talent. And if they believe in his talent, he is going to get targets.

 

No team that thinks he is washed would sign him, so wherever he goes, he is going to get used a lot

Why can't they think he has enough talent to be better than whoever their WR3 currently is and he will get at best 3 targets a game?  Why do they have to believe he will be better than Metcalf and Lockett?  I agree, they have to believe he brings value to sign him, but it just has to be more value than their worst guy technically. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...