NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Buy low from an owner worried about inconsistency?

Inconsistency because of 1 game? Look at the ROS out put 4 receptions 100 yds and a TD. Every WR is bound to have a bust game. Hopkins and ridley both have had one. If you can buy low, all power to you 

Unbelievable talent and physical specimen. Absolutely love watching this guy play.

However, this week and last week have me questioning what sort of consistent role he sees in the offense on a week to week basis. 

2 catches last week, 15 for Lockett.

12 catches this week, 4 for Lockett. 

Just don’t wanna see him used like he was last week in a week 15 or 16 matchup.

1 hour ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Unbelievable talent and physical specimen. Absolutely love watching this guy play.

However, this week and last week have me questioning what sort of consistent role he sees in the offense on a week to week basis. 

He's had one dud the whole year. He's actually been very consistent especially for a WR which is an inconsistent position. He sure could bust in playoff weeks but why worry about it? Nobody on my fantasy team inspires more confidence than him right now.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

He just got Patrick Peterson'd during that game. Won't look too much into it.

DK's chemistry with Wilson just improves each and every game

• Like 2
2 hours ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Dudes on pace for 82/1550/16 and we are going to talk about how consistent he is despite putting up 90+ yards in 6/7 games?

Give me a break. He’s been arguably the most consistent WR in the entire NFL. Almost every WR no matter how elite is giving you 3-5 bad games a year. Just the reality of the position. Even Calvin during his peak years had duds.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 4
15 minutes ago, sSektor said:

D0sbvvgVAAEsT7Y.jpg

Don't let the consistent WR1 finishes fool you this guy will never make it as an NFL receiver and we have all the proof we need.

If you look at the spider charts of other WR, you'll understand how utterly insane DK's is, and that's even with the duds on the 3-cone drill and shuttle

https://www.mockdraftable.com/search?position=WR&beginYear=2010&endYear=2020&sort=DESC&page=1

Another fun thing to look at is if you click on any random wide receiver, there's a list on the left side of similarly ranked WR. They'll usually have matches with ~80%......DK's closest match is 66% LOL

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1
40 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

@Gohawks @fachowski @owenmills thanks for talking me off the ledge boys, just traded for this freak of nature this week... happy to be here.

Where do we see him ROS, top 5 WR? 

I got him probably 4th, behind Adams, DHop... and one of Tyreek/Julio ?

Third.

Hopkins is the best WR in the NFL currently and Adams is a target monster and the best RZ threat in the NFL.

Julio doesn’t get TDs and Hill isn’t getting enough consistent volume in a very crowded field.