NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

8 hours ago, fachowski said:

He just got Patrick Peterson'd during that game. Won't look too much into it.

DK's chemistry with Wilson just improves each and every game

Patrick Peterson did not shut him down. Wilson just force fed Lockett because he was toasting his defender. 

Peterson is just a name at this point anyway. 

Golladay - 6/57/1

McClaurin- 7/125/1

R Anderson - 8/99

Cooper - 7/79/1

He's ranked bottom third of the league. Can't remember the number but they put it up on MNF 

• Like 2

As a 49er fan he reminds me of TO. Crazy how this dude was taken 64th overall after how he destroyed the combine.... I guess teams were concern with his neck and 3 cone drill? I remember his performance being talked about all over the news but GM's still allowed 7 WRs to go before him. A few good ones were taken before him but if there is a re-draft DK is gonna be the first WR taken. He was the Seahawks 3rd pick in the draft so even they were uncertain. 

N'Keal Harry

Deebo 

AJ Brown 

Mecole Hardman 

JJ Acrega-Whiteside 

Parris Campbell 

Andy Isabella 

**Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin were taken shortly after DK. What a draft for WRs. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

As a 49er fan he reminds me of TO. Crazy how this dude was taken 64th overall after how he destroyed the combine.... I guess teams were concern with his neck and 3 cone drill? I remember his performance being talked about all over the news but GM's still allowed 7 WRs to go before him. A few good ones were taken before him but if there is a re-draft DK is gonna be the first WR taken. He was the Seahawks 3rd pick in the draft so even they were uncertain. 

N'Keal Harry

Deebo 

AJ Brown 

Mecole Hardman 

JJ Acrega-Whiteside 

Parris Campbell 

Andy Isabella 

**Diontae Johnson and Terry McLaurin were taken shortly after DK. What a draft for WRs. 

Pats fan here. If you could edit this post and delete N'Keal Harry, that would be great. Brutal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

N'Keal Harry

Deebo 

AJ Brown 

Mecole Hardman 

JJ Acrega-Whiteside 

Parris Campbell 

Andy Isabella 

Imagine this guy on the Chiefs instead of Hardman. Jeez.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

N'Keal Harry

Deebo 

AJ Brown 

Mecole Hardman 

JJ Acrega-Whiteside 

Parris Campbell 

Andy Isabella 

Now every GM is gonna overdraft giant WRs hoping they get the next DK Metcalf. Here's where they fail: not looking at 'motivation to be great'. That and pedigree is why I picked DK #1 in our dynasty rookie draft over all the rest. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

Now every GM is gonna overdraft giant WRs hoping they get the next DK Metcalf. 

This is a decent point and something that hadn't occurred to me. I hope scouting has now evolved to the point where this doesn't happen lol.

6 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Patrick Peterson did not shut him down. Wilson just force fed Lockett because he was toasting his defender. 

Golladay - 6/57/1

McClaurin- 7/125/1

R Anderson - 8/99

Cooper - 7/79/1

He's ranked bottom third of the league. Can't remember the number but they put it up on MNF 

Thank you...it's almost embarrassing to me that so many people still believe he's an elite player. I just couldn't with the takes of him shutting him down. Offenses have largely been targeting him this year because he's not that good anymore. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Thank you...it's almost embarrassing to me that so many people still believe he's an elite player. I just couldn't with the takes of him shutting him down. Offenses have largely been targeting him this year because he's not that good anymore. 

Hard to convince me to take any other WR over him in dynasty...that's for sure. Was showing consistent WR1 production every week, one bad week due to Wilson tormenting Kirkpatrick, and then the upper echelon Davante Adams-type Ceiling game....but 6 years younger with a younger QB and less injuries to his name.

I'm sad I don't have him in redraft, but thrilled to have him in dynasty. 

2 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

Help me feel better about his next 5 match ups ... I'm tempted to sell high, since I'm deep at WR.. or am foolish to doubt this freak of nature?

Never.  

DK is already a baby 🐐

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

Help me feel better about his next 5 match ups ... I'm tempted to sell high, since I'm deep at WR.. or am foolish to doubt this freak of nature?

SF was a really tough matchup on paper and he had 40 PPR points lol what type of value are you going to get? Trade for Adams? Sure, but I mean they are splitting hairs at this point. I'd want anyone tethered to Russell this year...him and Mahomes are the best for fantasy right now in terms of receiving yards for WRs. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, cerealntacos said:

According to Pro Football Focus, opposing quarterbacks own a passer rating of 23.2 when targeting Verrett this season. That is the second-lowest rating allowed among NFL cornerbacks with at least 70 coverage snaps.

DK cooked Gilmore for 20 and Verrett for 40 points. Who are you scared of?

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

According to Pro Football Focus, opposing quarterbacks own a passer rating of 23.2 when targeting Verrett this season. That is the second-lowest rating allowed among NFL cornerbacks with at least 70 coverage snaps.

DK is a must start. He can change your game with one play.

What will end up as a bad game is a D rolling all the coverage over onto him but that's hard to do because Wilson will just go to Lockett and destroy you that way.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

do we know how much Varrett was on him? I seem to remember a mix of different guys he torched so I don’t think he was shadowed. Just curious cause if he did spank varrett all game that’s super impressive.

Guys like DK are always susceptible to bad games due to being such big play threats and not getting as much catches as some of the smaller WRs but at the same time they’re also matchup proof.

If DK doesn’t do good it’s not because a corner shut him down. It’s impossible to shut down a dude with his size and athleticism. The only way he does bad is if a defense decides that he is not beating them so they double team all game or if Wilson is just off. Neither can be predicted so being concerned who’s on the other side is pointless. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, cerealntacos said:

Help me feel better about his next 5 match ups ... 

Okay, I’ll try. 

You have DK Metcalf. 

There. I’m done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Golladay - 6/57/1

McClaurin- 7/125/1

R Anderson - 8/99

Cooper - 7/79/1

Just because those dudes burned Peterson doesn't necessarily equate to Peterson not being able to neutralize DK's game.

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Guys like DK are always susceptible to bad games due to being such big play threats and not getting as much catches as some of the smaller WRs but at the same time they’re also matchup proof.

If DK doesn’t do good it’s not because a corner shut him down. It’s impossible to shut down a dude with his size and athleticism. The only way he does bad is if a defense decides that he is not beating them so they double team all game or if Wilson is just off. Neither can be predicted so being concerned who’s on the other side is pointless. 

DK is a monster.  But this did not stop megaton 

15 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Now every GM is gonna overdraft giant WRs hoping they get the next DK Metcalf. Here's where they fail: not looking at 'motivation to be great'. That and pedigree is why I picked DK #1 in our dynasty rookie draft over all the rest. 

It’s not some type of new revelation. Teams have been drafting big/fast WR’s for decades. It’s only considered an overdraft when they bust of course. Just a few off the top of my head that were complete busts.

David Terrell

Reggie Williams

Mike Williams not Tampa Mike or the one on the Chargers. The OG Mike Williams. 

Kevin White 

Jon Baldwin 

Then you have guys like Michael Floyd, Kenny Britt, Justin Blackmon etc that showed promise that didn’t pan out for personal/injury/off field issues. 

As for DK he’s got it all no doubt but he couldn’t have landed in a more perfect situation. Teams will continue to draft freakish WR’s even if there was no DK. These GM’s draft them high cause they want the next Megatron, Julio, Demariyus, Mike Evans etc. 

• Like 2