Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

So next week when Seattle plays Arizona do you sit Metcalf (If you have decent options of course). Patrick Peterson has completely shut my boy down. Metcalf did have a 40+ yd TD called back by a holding penalty after the catch very late in the last game but was essentially shut down. I do not think I could pull the trigger to ever sit this dude this season but the numbers do not lie.


you said it yourself he had 12 fantasy points called back for a chippy penalty otherwise we aren’t even having this discussion and it’s all cause the AZ D decided to let Lockett have not just a career day but a mr universe day. The hawks lose this game if DK is not heavily involved so he will get his.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Next to no chance he does that poorly again, that was an outlier.   I'm not saying he's going for 20 points, but I cannot imagine Arizona not changing up the game plan just for predictability's sake.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

So next week when Seattle plays Arizona do you sit Metcalf (If you have decent options of course). Patrick Peterson has completely shut my boy down. Metcalf did have a 40+ yd TD called back by a holding penalty after the catch very late in the last game but was essentially shut down. I do not think I could pull the trigger to ever sit this dude this season but the numbers do not lie.

spacer.png

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Wilson ******** sucks.

Think Donald had a lot to do with that, but its like they went into the gameplan trying NOT to target Metcalf at all whether he was open or not. There was a bomb wilson over threw DK in stride couldve gone to the house. Funny how Aj Brown had the same thing this week...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

Think Donald had a lot to do with that, but its like they went into the gameplan trying NOT to target Metcalf at all whether he was open or not. There was a bomb wilson over threw DK in stride couldve gone to the house. Funny how Aj Brown had the same thing this week...

No he’s sucked the last 4 weeks. Straight garbage.

Jameis Wilson. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

You mean Wilson didnt throw to him and when he did it was either overthrown or out of bounds

The one long ball thrown his way Wilson I think was intentionally trying to over throw him and DK ran his a** off and still almost caught it. Wtf

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

You mean Wilson didnt throw to him and when he did it was either overthrown or out of bounds

Exactly.

He even burned Ramsey really bad for a TD and Wilson didn’t throw him the ball. Metcalf was visibly pissed after that as well.

The reality is Wilson has looked closer to Wentz than himself last 4 weeks. I don’t know what it is but he’s sucked. Hard. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

When someone's covered you don't throw them the ball....

Except he was visibly open multiple plays, and Wilson didnt even look to his side of the field til the 4th, but go on. Kinda like Hopkins was to win the game? Theres a certain point you throw it up for your studs to get it. Greg Olsen isnt that

Edited by JacobThunder15
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Except he was visibly open multiple plays, and Wilson didnt even look to his side of the field til the 4th, but go on. Kinda like Hopkins was to win the game? Theres a certain point you throw it up for your studs to get it. Greg Olsen isnt that

Agreed 100%.  That's one of the hallmarks of stud WRs, the QB will simply throw it and expect the WR to make the play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

so ******** annoying when russ wont even bother looking at him and the offesnive gameplan completely ignored their best weapon.. 

Russ is out of it man. He’s genuinely on the worst stretch of his career since his rookie season. Just looks lost.

I’m sure DK will bounce back and dominate but it’s bizarre to actually see Wilson dragging him down. One of his catches he threw into the dirt and DK made a great snag. You then have Wilson miss him for 40 yards by overthrowing him and then miss him again for a 40 yard TD by just not throwing the ball when he had 2 steps on his guy.

This was really another classic 4/100/1 game. Except Wilson looked like Baker Mayfield... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a poo game by the entire Seattle offense. Lockett lead all receivers with 66 yards. It was the first time Russ hadn't thrown at least 1 TD in a game in...ever? Russ didn't play well and the Rams got a ton of pressure on him. Just have to hope Russ comes out of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 6:59 PM, SkinThatSmokeWagon said:

So next week when Seattle plays Arizona do you sit Metcalf (If you have decent options of course). Patrick Peterson has completely shut my boy down. Metcalf did have a 40+ yd TD called back by a holding penalty after the catch very late in the last game but was essentially shut down. I do not think I could pull the trigger to ever sit this dude this season but the numbers do not 

🔮 I will never doubt thee again good sir...kudos

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Russ is out of it man. He’s genuinely on the worst stretch of his career since his rookie season. Just looks lost.

I’m sure DK will bounce back and dominate but it’s bizarre to actually see Wilson dragging him down. One of his catches he threw into the dirt and DK made a great snag. You then have Wilson miss him for 40 yards by overthrowing him and then miss him again for a 40 yard TD by just not throwing the ball when he had 2 steps on his guy.

This was really another classic 4/100/1 game. Except Wilson looked like Baker Mayfield... 

He threw 4 TDs 2 weeks ago 🤔😂🤔

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Russ is out of it man. He’s genuinely on the worst stretch of his career since his rookie season. Just looks lost.

I’m sure DK will bounce back and dominate but it’s bizarre to actually see Wilson dragging him down. One of his catches he threw into the dirt and DK made a great snag. You then have Wilson miss him for 40 yards by overthrowing him and then miss him again for a 40 yard TD by just not throwing the ball when he had 2 steps on his guy.

This was really another classic 4/100/1 game. Except Wilson looked like Baker Mayfield... 

Thats so frustrating to hear..  I wonder why they can not even throw him a bubble screen something quick get him into a rhythm. There is no way in a season you are realizing if i'm Pete Carroll that i have a top 3 WR this year and he does not get a TARGET till 3rd Quarter of a HUGE game. Ramsey or not..  this is the same dude who made Stephon Gilmore look like a little kid..  or Russ is just that bad right now. Ugh

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...