NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He threw 4 TDs 2 weeks ago 🤔😂🤔

Ok? I don’t just look at the box score. That was against a defense with half of its players gone.

And since you like stats, over his last 4 games he has 9 TDs and 9 TOs. Outside of a game against a horrible defense he’s been flat out awful. 

2 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

Thats so frustrating to hear..  I wonder why they can not even throw him a bubble screen something quick get him into a rhythm. There is no way in a season you are realizing if i'm Pete Carroll that i have a top 3 WR this year and he does not get a TARGET till 3rd Quarter of a HUGE game. Ramsey or not..  this is the same dude who made Stephon Gilmore look like a little kid..  or Russ is just that bad right now. Ugh

Carroll lives in the1980s.

Look, I have no doubt that DK will finish damn near the top of the league and this game is just an off game like WRs have all the time. That being said, i'm still extremely tilted how ******** awful this coaching staff is. Carroll is overrated beyond words and this is what happens to this team when Wilson doesn't look like an MVP. Carroll without Wilson = Jeff Fisher.

Just a mind boggling game for DK. I doubt most people watched it from start to finish but if not you'd think he got shut down. He burned Ramsey twice. The second time Wilson looked like he was cocking it to throw it and for whatever reason he didn't pull the trigger. DK was jumping up and down and yelling in frustration after. The most uncharacteristic thing i've ever seen from Wilson to not throw that ball. That combined with 3-4 over thrown deep balls by Wilson that game just points a picutre I haven't seen since his rookie year like I mentioned. He hasn't been this rattled and this off in a decade. No idea if it is off the field issues, injury, personal, or whatever but Wilson is off and if Wilson is off they will suck because of coaching that belongs half a century back.

That being said:

10/190/2 Thursday.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Carroll lives in the1980s.

Look, I have no doubt that DK will finish damn near the top of the league and this game is just an off game like WRs have all the time. That being said, i'm still extremely tilted how ******** awful this coaching staff is. Carroll is overrated beyond words and this is what happens to this team when Wilson doesn't look like an MVP. Carroll without Wilson = Jeff Fisher.

Just a mind boggling game for DK. I doubt most people watched it from start to finish but if not you'd think he got shut down. He burned Ramsey twice. The second time Wilson looked like he was cocking it to throw it and for whatever reason he didn't pull the trigger. DK was jumping up and down and yelling in frustration after. The most uncharacteristic thing i've ever seen from Wilson to not throw that ball. That combined with 3-4 over thrown deep balls by Wilson that game just points a picutre I haven't seen since his rookie year like I mentioned. He hasn't been this rattled and this off in a decade. No idea if it is off the field issues, injury, personal, or whatever but Wilson is off and if Wilson is off they will suck because of coaching that belongs half a century back.

That being said:

10/190/2 Thursday.

Ive never seen a WR get mad at Wilson like that but DK was pissed! Lockett honestly shouldve been too, no way both of them were shut down all game for him to dump it off to the RBs or Olsen all game. 

4 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Pete Carroll literally made the Seahawks, talk about ungrateful fans. There are a handful of coaches better then him in the NFL. Ramsey's size and physicality is a tough matchup for DK. I think next time they meet DK will have learned a lot and so will the Seahawks. 

Revenge game for the fantasy football championship on tap. Rams at Seattle. Should be a better effort by the hawks.

Funny...him and AJ Brown are basically similar now. Elite physical talents with crazy gifts that can make crazy plays, but gotta beat being the #1 focus of the defense and beat the elite corners of the world. 

They are going to be dominant for years to come. However, still concerned with Cards matchup given the history and the way Russ is playing....their defense is doing no favors as well and will continue to be the downfall of teh team. 

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Funny...him and AJ Brown are basically similar now. Elite physical talents with crazy gifts that can make crazy plays, but gotta beat being the #1 focus of the defense and beat the elite corners of the world. 

They are going to be dominant for years to come. However, still concerned with Cards matchup given the history and the way Russ is playing....their defense is doing no favors as well and will continue to be the downfall of teh team. 

I had both of them in my team last week and was considering the same thing. Only reason DK is higher is the offense he plays for and he is physically more gifted than AJ but dang did I take an L

1 hour ago, JacobThunder15 said:

I had both of them in my team last week and was considering the same thing. Only reason DK is higher is the offense he plays for and he is physically more gifted than AJ but dang did I take an L

Same here. Stings when you get a dud from two of your best players like that. 

5 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Pete Carroll literally made the Seahawks, talk about ungrateful fans. There are a handful of coaches better then him in the NFL. Ramsey's size and physicality is a tough matchup for DK. I think next time they meet DK will have learned a lot and so will the Seahawks. 

I think you might be making a good point about Ramsey maybe just being his kryptonite. As good as DK is he's still only in his second season. Part of his progression as a player will be learning how to be progressive against guys he can't just physically dominate. 

Some of the passing game woes might have something to do with the running game. As a Russ owner I feel like things started to go downhill with Carson's injury. Maybe the running game is less effective and that's changing something about the play action passes or something? Or maybe it's letting defenses sell out a little bit more to pressure the QB and defense the pass?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, matanp said:

so now Lockett has an injury and who knows how long he'll be out for.

How do we think this affects DK??  Gotta think our boy will be peppered with at least 7-8 targets a game???

Cut him. In every league. In the ones I don’t have him in. 😀

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, matanp said:

so now Lockett has an injury and who knows how long he'll be out for.

How do we think this affects DK??  Gotta think our boy will be peppered with at least 7-8 targets a game???

Maybe he gets a few more targets a game. It seems like he was already drawing the other team's #1 corner, so doesn't seem like anything changes in that regard. 

On 11/16/2020 at 6:09 AM, Fried Pork Grind said:

While almost certainly on accident, you’ve baited me into a rant.

I haven’t been a fan of Carroll ever since the LOB came apart and it gets worse and more annoying every year. Last year I’d get so much **** for saying anything negative about Carroll on any Seahawks forum and now the tone has changed a bit.

Carroll did not make the Seahawks. That’s just flat out wrong. Wilson made the Seahawks. Carroll had back to back losing seasons before Wilson joined the team.

Now, as for why I believe he is passed his prime. The base defense he basically forces all his DCs to use works great when you have 3 pro bowlers in the secondary including two HOFers, elite LBs, and an elite line. Really any defense works great in that case but base especially because you allow the talent to take over. Base defense however is an absolute joke when you have actual deficiencies to mask on defense and need to make up for talent with scheme. Yet he’s refused to change it despite the defense not having great talent for years.

Offensive play calling has only just changed and that’s because Wilson forced their hand. Until this season the way they’ve used Wilson has been absolutely criminal. The offensive game plan in the first half of the playoffs against the Packers and to a larger extent the Cowboys is some of the worst **** I’ve seen in my entire life.

Finally, game management is also 10 years behind. They had 4th and literally an inch around mid field while trailing in the third and he decided to punt. Kicking FGs when you have like half a yard to go and punting on 4th and short when you desperately need a score has been an issue forever. 

Must start on TNF? He was shut down earlier this year by the Cardinals or maybe it was just Lockett's game to go off.[...] Sea / AZ should be a shootout right? Always nervous about duds on TNF! 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, sdlengua said:

Must start on TNF? He was shut down earlier this year by the Cardinals or maybe it was just Lockett's game to go off. [...] But Sea / AZ should be a shootout right? Always nervous about duds on TNF! 

always start your studs 

• Thanks 3
35 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

I know you can't bench him, but I'm having nightmare flashbacks of the last game vs ARZ...

Hopefully they make more of an effort to get him the ball this time around, kinda like they did towards the end of that first game where he took a screen to the house but got called back for holding.  

I smell some revenge coming for DK, two TDs incoming. 

• Like 2