NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

14 hours ago, mjb said:

Peterson treatment in first meeting

I said it the first game. I'll say it again in case you missed it. Peterson is not good anymore. CBs just keep this mystique that if they were once good they always are. It's patently untrue. Check the positional rankings.

The reason DK does poorly against ARZ is because they just let Lockett get wide open. 9 receptions on 9 targets. 15 for 20 last game.

There was no reason to throw the ball to anyone else.

SEA has two WR1s. Go check every other WR1 on the teams ARZ played. They all had good to great games.

• Like 3
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Ole Miss really did these dudes a disservice. DK and Brown basically have the same problems and still manage to beast.

As a hater of Ole Miss, I agree with this statement with no hesitation :D. But in all seriousness, DKM is already better than I ever thought he'd be in the NFL. He was just not very good at Ole Miss. Brown was a stud in college, DK was...meh. He's already shown immense improvement in his two years in the NFL, but he has to fix the route-running and his hands still. But without a doubt, the DK we see now was not the DK the SEC observed. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

As a hater of Ole Miss, I agree with this statement with no hesitation :D. But in all seriousness, DKM is already better than I ever thought he'd be in the NFL. He was just not very good at Ole Miss. Brown was a stud in college, DK was...meh. He's already shown immense improvement in his two years in the NFL, but he has to fix the route-running and his hands still. But without a doubt, the DK we see now was not the DK the SEC observed. 

DK was hurt for most of college and told he would never play football again.   Cervical neck fracture I believe it was?  

Only played in parts of 21 games his entire Ole Miss career.   Still had like 1300 yards and 14 tds.   We knew very little about him other than his huge physical potential. 

1 hour ago, Joe Mama said:

He would have felt better if Metcalf didn't drop passes.

The one end zone pass that doinked him in the face mask made me laugh. Then again I'm not an owner, but he seems very raw still. Freak of nature - yes. Hopefully be can develop his catching. 

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

I said it the first game. I'll say it again in case you missed it. Peterson is not good anymore. CBs just keep this mystique that if they were once good they always are. It's patently untrue. Check the positional rankings.

The reason DK does poorly against ARZ is because they just let Lockett get wide open. 9 receptions on 9 targets. 15 for 20 last game.

There was no reason to throw the ball to anyone else.

SEA has two WR1s. Go check every other WR1 on the teams ARZ played. They all had good to great games.

Yea I mean he also tried to catch a ball with his face, and Lockett was using his hands.  So it makes sense to feed the guy who was good at catching the ball.

Edited by ap0calypse
10 hours ago, thebadferret said:

FantasyPros ranks him as #1 WR (#5 overall) in their dynasty rankings. Value that as you want.

I don't disagree with that, nor doubt he's going to have an incredible career.  Top 5 of all time is insanely premature though given that he's still a work in progress.  Can only imagine if Justin Jefferson had Russ throwing to him.

Edited by kdko
4 minutes ago, kdko said:

I don't disagree with that, nor doubt he's going to have an incredible career.  Top 5 of all time is insanely premature though given that he's still a work in progress.  Can only imagine if Justin Jefferson had Russ throwing to him.

I think #5 overall as in out of all positions, including RB and QBs.

13 minutes ago, kdko said:

Not sure if anyone has him Top 5 of all time lololololol....

Anyway, I traded for him earlier in the year in my dynasty and at the time gave the whole he's a Top 3 dynasty receiver a laugh, but looking at it now and I'm still not sure if he's #1 over Adams or Hopkins but there is a case to be made. 

Dude is a physical beast, he had a real strong rookie year and has progressed extremely well this year, the top thing he has over Adams and Hopkins is he's only 22 so he's still coming into his prime, and one of the top things that makes him a top level dynasty hold is Russ.  With Russ signed long term he has a proven, reliable QB to throw him the ball for years to come with a competent coaching staff. 

All things are there for him to be THE guy to own at WR for many many years. 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Anyway, I traded for him earlier in the year in my dynasty and at the time gave the whole he's a Top 3 dynasty receiver a laugh, but looking at it now and I'm still not sure if he's #1 over Adams or Hopkins but there is a case to be made. 

Dude is a physical beast, he had a real strong rookie year and has progressed extremely well this year, the top thing he has over Adams and Hopkins is he's only 22 so he's still coming into his prime, and one of the top things that makes him a top level dynasty hold is Russ.  With Russ signed long term he has a proven, reliable QB to throw him the ball for years to come with a competent coaching staff. 

All things except he can't catch. 

Man you guys are focusing on the wrong points here. Yes he dropped two balls.  But remember where we were a little over a year and a half ago where people thought he was another Stephen Hill type because he supposedly couldn’t run routes and that whole three come thing? Last year he showed signs of improvement but he still relied mostly on athleticism, running the same routes on the same side of the field most of the time.  But this year? He is lining up on both sides of the field, running a bunch of different routes and looking damn good doing it. The thing is he could of still been a great player in the nfl if he stayed who he was year 1 based off his Athleticism alone, but now he is taking a giant next step and turning into a generational type receiver. He is learning to control his absurd frame and he actually has made some notable improvements catching the ball this year as well, I’ll forgive a few occasional drops. Btw he has Philly, NYG, NYJ, WAS the next four weeks. Sit back and enjoy the show.

Edited by Yanksfan06
  • Like 1
On 11/20/2020 at 1:49 PM, GottaGetTheWin said:

And still the WR2 on his own team. Just shows how good Lockett is.

6 hours ago, joshua18 said:

And still the WR2 on his own team. Just shows how good Lockett is.

I don’t think Lockett is ahead of metcalf and I don’t think metcalf is ahead of Lockett. I think this is one of those situations where both are viewed equally and bring different things to the table. 

• Like 1