NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Yanksfan06 said:

His matchups these next few weeks are just beautiful.  Ramsey on championship week sucks but everything before that is fantastic.

Talk me into why Washington is great matchup? I want to believe but I’m nervous 

5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Imo the matchup in Washington isnt amazing, but the opportunity will be there if Alex Smith cant get it done, and thats super likely to happen. 

What does Alex Smith have to do with DK is he going to be playing both sides of the ball there now?? 

im worried about their monsters up front keeping Wilson on his a** all game. They’ve been an awful WR matchup all year cause of that line and disciplined tackling in the secondary.

52 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

What does Alex Smith have to do with DK is he going to be playing both sides of the ball there now?? 

im worried about their monsters up front keeping Wilson on his a** all game. They’ve been an awful WR matchup all year cause of that line and disciplined tackling in the secondary.

Im saying Smith is not a promising QB that will force a lot of 3 and outs and give SEA more opportunities at various spots on the field. Lockett could see more volume this game, but DK is running a lot underneath and like tonight is matchup proof. You play him. He needs 1 play to give you 6 easy pts

2 hours ago, ccimore said:

Guy is a freak but good lord does he drop a lot of td passes.

Really needs to address that. Needs to work on his hands and his timing when he jumps. Both those led to that drop.

If he fixes his hands and timing I genuinely don’t see how anyone can come close to stopping him. He already leads the league in yards while leaving like 300 more on the field. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ccimore said:

Guy is a freak but good lord does he drop a lot of td passes.

Not just routine drops either, bonehead drops. He's been putting up such great numbers it's impossible to be mad but damn man, hold onto those in the fantasy playoffs  

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Really needs to address that. Needs to work on his hands and his timing when he jumps. Both those led to that drop.

If he fixes his hands and timing I genuinely don’t see how anyone can come close to stopping him. He already leads the league in yards while leaving like 300 more on the field. 

The nice thing is that he's only 22 so he has time to get these skills up to par, hopefully in the off-season.  We've already seen the progress he made from last year to this year.  There's really no reason he can't be the new Megatron if he is able to touch up those final pieces. 

1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

He's no Josh Gordon, but... pretty good nonetheless.

Objectively, this is not really a proper comparison.

Detroit vs. Seattle

Jon Kitna vs. Russell Wilson

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

One of the best parts about Metcalf is there is very very very very very very little concern he ever becomes Josh Gordon. 

yeah this is an underrated aspect in dynasty- dude posts Bible verses every day on his IG. God is watching over my #1 asset, I can’t lose!

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Objectively, this is not really a proper comparison.

Detroit vs. Seattle

Jon Kitna vs. Russell Wilson

I'll add Mike martz was OC for Calvin's 1st year. That complete idiot preferred garbage like az-hakim to Calvin so Calvin's #s were well below what they should have been.

I drafted Calvin, I drafted DK. DK barring injury will smoke Calvin's numbers because of the HC & QB.

6 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

yeah this is an underrated aspect in dynasty- dude posts Bible verses every day on his IG. God is watching over my #1 asset, I can’t lose!

That's why I drafted him #1 ahead of Jacobs. He is all about being great like Calvin was before he got tired of the s---y teams he was on. Training with Wilson as a rookie before the season. That is what you want in a dynasty WR.

2 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

I'll add Mike martz was OC for Calvin's 1st year. That complete idiot preferred garbage like az-hakim to Calvin so Calvin's #s were well below what they should have been.

I drafted Calvin, I drafted DK. DK barring injury will smoke Calvin's numbers because of the HC & QB.

That's why I drafted him #1 ahead of Jacobs. He is all about being great like Calvin was before he got tired of the s---y teams he was on. Training with Wilson as a rookie before the season. That is what you want in a dynasty WR.

Loved that story they told last night.  Wilson took Metcalf on a vacation to bond and get on the same page.  When they got together Wilson asked, "did you bring your cleats"?  Metcalf responded, "my cleats?????  I brought my helmet"!!!  LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He doesn't have natural hands which I knew going into the draft. He never will. You either have that or you don't. He can get better but will never be a Larry Fitz like catcher of the football. Good thing he's huge and fast.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

He doesn't have natural hands which I knew going into the draft. He never will. You either have that or you don't. He can get better but will never be a Larry Fitz like catcher of the football. Good thing he's huge and fast.

About the only negative I can think about this monster. But it's miniscule imo 

Soft hands he does not have. With DK it's more about power & strength when catching and/or holding onto the rock.

A few of his drops can be attributed to that, his tendency to go after the ball like a madman.

It's a combination of that, and he's still learning all the nuances of the game.

Year 3 we should see a fully polished and matured DK Metcalf.

+ The man keeps working on his craft.  After his rookie season improved on running a full route tree. 

Now I think in the off-season he'll work on cleaning up those drops. 

1 hour ago, FavreCo said:

His body screening and timing on deep balls is awesome. He can slow to adjust and still box a guy out in full stride. Can’t be covered on deep routes. Try cover two on him up high and Lockett will bury you. Wilson smart to see the soft spots. Oh and my favorite part, he comes back catches ball an rolls and ram trucked that safety like it was nothing. Every other team has to be thinking... how did we not see this. 😀