NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

And this upcoming draft is supposed to be very receiver friendly as well. 

Yeah, this next batch is awesome. 

26 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Yes but DK METCALLFFF OOHHH MYYY GODDDD HE’S THE GREATEST EVARRR

Isn't it nauseating 😂... AJ Brown is better IMO. Someone will be sure to post a stat comparison .

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, CroNY said:

😂 AJ Brown is better IMO. Someone will be sure to post a stat comparison .

Bro look at this vvvv

It’s like some sort of disease

vvvv 😆

1 minute ago, Krustyburger said:

DKM is the best reciever to bless the league in a long time

Edited by Chippa
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Every week you’re making these salty posts in Seahawks game day threads and here, can you show us where DK touched you?

I made 0 posts in the seahawks thread today so your point is moot

Plus I find it humorous to laugh at fanboys

Edited by Chippa
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

It’s hardly moot when you’re here doing it instead lmao 

You specifically said Seahawks gameday threads and this is the metcalf thread.

I bid you farewell. TahTah

Edited by Chippa
10 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I made 0 posts in the seahawks thread today so your point is moot

Plus I find it humorous to laugh at fanboys

Every week you are in some thread(s) being obnoxious and ruining it for everyone else with these negative comments. Here is a newsflash:

DK gets a lot of attention and will continue to get a lot of attention. It's not just because he is very good because he obviously is. It is also because he is a unique personality and an extremely unique player. That's just how it works. Sure guys like McLaurin and Brown are extremely good and vets like Adams and Hopkins will do their thing but they're not unique. Being different and unique sells.

You can continue to be salty though and act like he is overrrated when the reality is a dude that is just turning 24 is about to drop 1400+/12 +. 

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Every week you are in some thread(s) being obnoxious and ruining it for everyone else with these negative comments. Here is a newsflash:

DK gets a lot of attention and will continue to get a lot of attention. It's not just because he is very good because he obviously is. It is also because he is a unique personality and an extremely unique player. That's just how it works. Sure guys like McLaurin and Brown are extremely good and vets like Adams and Hopkins will do their thing but they're not unique. Being different and unique sells.

You can continue to be salty though and act like he is overrrated when the reality is a dude that is just turning 24 is about to drop 1400+/12 +. 

what’s unique about his personality? Lmao The love for this guy actually defies logic. He’s just so beautiful ohh my sweet dk metcalf and his personality

you’re the OG metcalf super fan though so I sort of respect your fandom

Edited by Chippa
6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

what’s unique about his personality? Lmao The love for this guy actually defies logic. He’s just so beautiful ohh my sweet dk metcalf and his personality

you’re the OG metcalf super fan though so I sort of respect your fandom

He's extra? The mouth guard, hair, and celebrations. I suppose that is in line with other WRs in the past but it gets attention. Sure going about your business like Adams is great and of course respectable but it is going to go under the radar because obviously it is under the radar actions. He is then the most physical WR in the NFL as well. You look at some of his stiff arms, dudes bouncing off him, running guys over, etc. The chase down of Baker is another example of extremely impressive stuff that pretty much no one can do. 

DK went extremely viral not just in the sports world but in general because of his picture. He dropped in the draft and then there was another viral video of him crying along with Carroll taking off his shirt. He then proceeded to do extremely well and is already one of the best WRs in the game with one of the most unique games in the NFL.

I fail to see why it's hard to see why he is so hyped. Is he overhyped? Probably. That's just what happens though. Happened to Lamar and Mahomes as well and it will continue to happen to guys that make unique plays.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kevrunner said:

Can’t wait to see what DK gets for his 2nd contract, he is so underpaid now.  I know there are a lot of players who are or have been in similar situations, but this isn’t their thread.

He’ll be the new highest paid receiver without a doubt. 

I took a look at what DK Metcalf has done across his past 16 games tonight; the 13 games from this 2020 season, plus his final 3 games last season.
Last 16 games: 86 catches - 1480 yards - 12 TD's
Metcalf turned 23 years old yesterday, so that output has come entirely as a 22-year-old.

• Like 2