NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Wilson just ******** sucks now. That’s all it is.

Wilson doesn’t suck. The offensive line is straight anus. Anus. No QB can perform at their best when the o-line is collapsing super quickly 

Just now, Chippa said:

Wilson doesn’t suck. The offensive line is straight anus. Anus. No QB can perform at their best when the o-line is collapsing super quickly 

Wilson got sacked 0 times today, had all day to throw, and wasn't even hit all game.

Hey though, keep pushing the same narrative without watching anything though.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Wilson got sacked 0 times today, had all day to throw, and wasn't even hit all game.

Hey though, keep pushing the same narrative without watching anything though.

One of the worst o-lines in the league went up against possibly the best d-line in the league, and you’re telling me he had all day to throw? Wrong. Not being sacked has nothing to do with anything, Wilson wasn’t given all day to throw. If an o-line can give their QB all day to throw against washington, then that oline is the best unit in the NFL.

I already know you’re exaggerating. And you’re extremely biased on top of it all

Edited by Chippa
  • Haha 1
Just now, Chippa said:

One of the worst o-lines in the league went up against possibly the best d-line in the league, and you’re telling me he had all day to throw? I highly doubt that. I can understand not being sacked once, but I don’t believe he had all day to throw. If an o-line can give their QB all day to throw against washington, then that oline is the best unit in the NFL.

I already know you’re exaggerating. And you’re extremely biased on top of it all

Lmao I watched the game unlike you (clearly). The line had an extremely good game.

Yes I’m biased...against my own QB? Wilson has been bad. His last 5 games over the entire season would be at 3250 yards. Over his last 9 he averages over a pick a game. Hardly impressive. You want to blame the line like it’s 2016 when in reality the line hasn’t been terrible 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Lmao I watched the game unlike you (clearly). The line had an extremely good game.

Yes I’m biased...against my own QB? Wilson has been bad. His last 5 games over the entire season would be at 3250 yards. Over his last 9 he averages over a pick a game. Hardly impressive. You want to blame the line like it’s 2016 when in reality the line hasn’t been terrible 

The line has been awful I have no clue what you’re watching.

You’d call pat mahomes terrible if Metcalf played for kc and wasn’t putting up big numbers

and yes I watched the game but only enough to watch 2 drives by Seattle. Washington line was causing disruption

Edited by Chippa
9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

The line has been awful I have no clue what you’re watching.

You’d call pat mahomes terrible if Metcalf played for kc and wasn’t putting up big numbers

and yes I watched the game but only enough to watch 2 drives by Seattle. Washington line was causing disruption

Ok buddy. You’re right. Throwing for 120 yards with 1 TD and an interception in 2020 with no fans isn’t bad and I only think it’s bad because I like DK. Furthermore, it’s all on the line despite the line allowing no sacks and keeping Wilson from getting hit. Prior to today, you’d have to go back 8 weeks for a QB to get under 200 yards against the WFT. Even Burrow with a way worse line hit 200 in like 3 quarters.

Just now, Gohawks said:

Ok buddy. You’re right. Throwing for 120 yards with 1 TD and an interception in 2020 with no fans isn’t bad and I only think it’s bad because I like DK. Furthermore, it’s all on the line despite the line allowing no sacks and keeping Wilson from getting hit. Prior to today, you’d have to go back 8 weeks for a QB to get under 200 yards against the WFT. Even Burrow with a way worse line hit 200 in like 3 quarters.

Once again, sacks have nothing to do with anything. It’s about pressure. But keep mentioning sacks and use that to fit your narrative about how Wilson had “ALL DAY TO THROW” 

laughable 

Wilson looked terrible today and I can tell you it wasn’t because of pressure.  He had plenty of time and had some great opportunities to make plays.  He was off target or had terrible touch on everything, just like he’s been consistently for 1/3 of the season now.  

• Thanks 2
34 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

I'm terrified to start him next week. Russ playing like hot garbage and then you have Ramsey to deal with? Ugh, might do the unthinkable and bench this guy, depending on how the injury news shakes out this week with my players. 

Exactly my thoughts, i get he is a stud... but waiver wire pickups couldve sealed some people a championship with this mediocre performance 

52 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

I'm terrified to start him next week. Russ playing like hot garbage and then you have Ramsey to deal with? Ugh, might do the unthinkable and bench this guy, depending on how the injury news shakes out this week with my players. 

Ramsey didn’t shut down DK last time. DK beat him a few times. Ramsey won’t be the one to stop DK this time either. It’ll depend on if Wilson plays like Wilson or continues to play like Teddy Bridgewater and throw for 5 yards each play. 

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Ramsey didn’t shut down DK last time. DK beat him a few times. Ramsey won’t be the one to stop DK this time either. It’ll depend on if Wilson plays like Wilson or continues to play like Teddy Bridgewater and throw for 5 yards each play. 

ummm he went 2/28/0 with a season low 4 targets. Russ didn't even attempt to get him involved because of Ramsey. 

Edited by noles1983
  • Like 2

Ramsey is a problem. Yes, he pretty much did shut down DK last time. The thing about great WR vs great corner is the WR will probably have moments he's open(because he's good) but they are much fewer and farther between making the QBs life tough. Not a difficult concept. Wilson and DK can hook up and make some plays but the likelihood of another quiet game is fairly high. Nothing we can do except just hope he gets lose for a TD. 

8 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

“Exactly my thoughts, I get he is a stud... but waiver wire pickups couldve sealed some people a championship with this mediocre performance.”

Like TY Hilton perhaps? I needed Metcalf but it is what it is. That said, it often isn’t just one player any of us will get wrong. For instance, had I rolled with Logan Thomas over Kmet, or D.J. Moore over CEH, or had my opponent’s team not gone off... It’s hard but eventually I’ll focus on the positives! I lost to really good player but more importantly, a good league mate! He switched out Zeke for Pollard at the last moment, which proved huge for him! Having drafted CEH in the 1st RD, Kittle in the 2nd or 3rd perhaps, not having Antonio Gibson, I did well. Merry Christmas everyone! 

2 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Considering benching this week. Ramsey is tough and Wilson and the entire offense look bad at the moment. 

That would be the proverbial nut drop on the table. They will either be stared at in awe or punched and smashed to a million peices. 

41 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Considering benching this week. Ramsey is tough and Wilson and the entire offense look bad at the moment. 

Fantasy pros has him ranked high this week and I still am in the same boat with you. This would be the 1 week, and if he goes off against Ramsey, that'll be even more impressive. 

I’m starting him. He got me to the championship. I also believe nobody can cover him. He had bad game before against Ramsey. I watched. Russ shy from throwing to him. Russ had options. Went Lockett a lot. 

I am still starting Metcalf. He will get his by god. 

• Like 1