NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I have beach balls between my legs but I can't bench this guy, even though I know the matchup sucks and there's a good chance he'll have a quiet day. Just can't do it...

The way I see it, I can live with starting him and someone outperforming him on my bench. I won’t be able to forgive myself if he goes for 40 on my bench though. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ak427 said:

The way I see it, I can live with starting him and someone outperforming him on my bench. I won’t be able to forgive myself if he goes for 40 on my bench though. 

Benching your studs especially in the finals is beyond foolish.

Any WR no matter how good they are can give you 3/20/0 on any given week. Megatron, Rice, Julio, Moss, prime Brown, T.O, etc. Just the nature of the position. Benching DK because of that fear is just absurd.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Benching your studs especially in the finals is beyond foolish.

Any WR no matter how good they are can give you 3/20/0 on any given week. Megatron, Rice, Julio, Moss, prime Brown, T.O, etc. Just the nature of the position. Benching DK because of that fear is just absurd.

Agreed. He's started every week for me and I'm not gonna take him out now when he's a big reason why I'm here. 

5 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Agreed. He's started every week for me and I'm not gonna take him out now when he's a big reason why I'm here. 

Except my other studs are Aj Brown and Justin Jefferson... Id much rather play those guys knowing what Wilson is doing. It has nothing to do with Ramsey because I believe DK can get open, however Wilson isnt playing well and is going to lead to getting DK hurt because DK goes for the ball no matter what. Happened to his ankle last week, but I wouldnt say he is a must start depending on your other options

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Except my other studs are Aj Brown and Justin Jefferson... Id much rather play those guys knowing what Wilson is doing. It has nothing to do with Ramsey because I believe DK can get open, however Wilson isnt playing well and is going to lead to getting DK hurt because DK goes for the ball no matter what. Happened to his ankle last week, but I wouldnt say he is a must start depending on your other options

No way I'd play JJ over DK this week. Russ is in a slump but he is a much better QB than Kirk Cousins. Not to mention, the last few games against WAS and NYG have been very low scoring, which favored the run game more. I'd expect the Rams to have a much better offense and Russ will need to get his arm back.

45 minutes ago, osiris17 said:

No way I'd play JJ over DK this week. Russ is in a slump but he is a much better QB than Kirk Cousins. Not to mention, the last few games against WAS and NYG have been very low scoring, which favored the run game more. I'd expect the Rams to have a much better offense and Russ will need to get his arm back.

Also he went for 5 receptions and 80 yards against the Giants and Bradberry (who may be one of the top 2 CBs in football this season). I'm talking myself back into confidence with DK. 

4 hours ago, osiris17 said:

Thats the problem. My lack of confidence isnt in DK, its in Wilson. Sometimes Wilson forgets that he is throwing to DJ Moore and not his stud and its at the most random times. I like the play, but until Wilson turns it around Im fading the upside and Jefferson is someone Id comfortably play over him given the air yards, the targets in the redzone etc

[...] Obvious start but he's been average at best since week 10, in fact over their last 6 games he has 72 points in half ppr which is no better than Curtis Samuel at 72.9.

Hoping he picks it back up, let's go big man!

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Play your studs. The reality is, he was quite open vs the Rams last time, and had a 45 yd TD on Ramsey go off his fingers bc Russ overthrew him. If he caught that, we wouldn't even be having a "matchup" discussion

5 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Play your studs. The reality is, he was quite open vs the Rams last time, and had a 45 yd TD on Ramsey go off his fingers bc Russ overthrew him. If he caught that, we wouldn't even be having a "matchup" discussion

Except thats the problem. We cant live off what ifs, theres been plenty of those all season. He isnt getting Volume, you are just banking on the talent

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

Except thats the problem. We cant live off what ifs, theres been plenty of those all season. He isnt getting Volume, you are just banking on the talent

You absolutely can bank on talent. He's get 23% of the target share, he's a WR1 on the year, Seattle will probably need to score to keep up with the Rams. Don't chase touchdowns. 

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Keep up? The same team that has a banged up RB core and just lost to the Jets

If you think the Rams aren't going to come out firing after that embarrassing loss, I don't know what to tell you lol. Also, I'm not really interested in continuing this conversation so I wish you luck in whatever decision you end up making! 

Kind of a mediocre December for DK.  5 games, never over 100 yards, and 1 TD.   I'm not gonna say this means anything, but I want to watch him a lot in the playoffs.   Part of the reason I fell hard for him last year was his huge WC game last year vs Philly.   

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Kind of a mediocre December for DK.  5 games, never over 100 yards, and 1 TD.   I'm not gonna say this means anything, but I want to watch him a lot in the playoffs.   Part of the reason I fell hard for him last year was his huge WC game last year vs Philly.   

I mean Wilson has averaged 180 yards over his last 4. I don’t see how a guy is supposed to produce when his QB is putting up those kind of passing stats. Damn near impossible.

Blame whoever you want (Wilson, line, coaching, or whatever else) but that’s just been the numbers. My worry was initially that this team wouldn’t pass enough to have DK dominate as much as he should and that worry looked gone. Now it’s back and people will likely have to deal with the question at a much higher ADP.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

My worry was initially that this team wouldn’t pass enough to have DK dominate as much as he should and that worry looked gone. Now it’s back and people will likely have to deal with the question at a much higher ADP.

It seems insane that their offense would not run through him, the way GB does with Adams or Buffalo with Diggs......but here we are.   I'm actually almost........almost considering putting him on the market in a keeper (he costs a 6th next year) just because I think I'd get a kings ransom.   I imagine i'll come to my senses, but its in the back of my mind right now.  

54 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I mean Wilson has averaged 180 yards over his last 4. I don’t see how a guy is supposed to produce when his QB is putting up those kind of passing stats. Damn near impossible.

Blame whoever you want (Wilson, line, coaching, or whatever else) but that’s just been the numbers. My worry was initially that this team wouldn’t pass enough to have DK dominate as much as he should and that worry looked gone. Now it’s back and people will likely have to deal with the question at a much higher ADP.

What happened? 

56 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I am here for you