NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, joebaker23 said:

8 WRs taken over him in '19 draft. What did teams not see? Don't understand.

All those idiot GMs saw a horrible 3 cone, not smart enough to know that big WR rarely post a good 3 cone and rarely even run it.

I'm glad they were so stupid. He's in the best possible spot cause Wilson know how to get him the ball and they train they way you need to to be great.

• Like 1
  • Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquestioned alpha dog for the leagues best QB.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/8/2020 at 7:38 PM, StevieStats said:

In case you didn't know, that corner is only 1 of 11 players... And 4 catches isn't exactly "torching" although he had a great fantasy game... New England gives up the 9th most points to WRs... His other opponents did far give up the 10th most (atl), 2nd most (dal), and 8th most (mia)... Pass rush and defensive scheming make a huge impact -- DK has had a cream puff easy schedule no two ways about it, impossible to call him matchup proof.

After this Minnesota (4th most to WR) he doesn't face a single top 10 matchup the test of the way... In fact after the bye the defenses vs WR rank as follows (1=give up most, 32=least): 29, 27, 11, 28, 29, 14, 13, 22, 31, 28... 

Not saying he's going to fail but the schedule gets a LOT more difficult for a guy that hasn't faced a stingy defense vs WRs.

How ya doing? You may want to re-check that schedule too. Those teams suck. ARI - suck, SF x 2 - totally suck, PHI - suck, NYG - suck

No one can stop him unless they double cover him and give him the Calvin Johnson treatment. 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, FavreCo said:

How ya doing? You may want to re-check that schedule too. Those teams suck. ARI - suck, SF x 2 - totally suck, PHI - suck, NYG - suck

No one can stop him unless they double cover him and give him the Calvin Johnson treatment. 

I'm doing fine lol DK had another great game... Against another trash defense... The whole point was trying to assess how will he perform after the bye against harder matchups... If he continues, great! We'll see after the bye...

Also those teams are not trash, Arizona is currently Top 5 is pass yards per game and Top 5 in points per game... SF is the 3rd ranked pass defense... Giants 11th...  😂... But anywho i also listed out how few pints to WR they allow to.

At the end of the day just trying to assess if he's a hold or sell high.

2 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

I think he’s as ‘hold’ as it gets. ;)

Edited by Bandito
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

I'm doing fine lol DK had another great game... Against another trash defense... The whole point was trying to assess how will he perform after the bye against harder matchups... If he continues, great! We'll see after the bye...

Also those teams are not trash, Arizona is currently Top 5 is pass yards per game and Top 5 in points per game... SF is the 3rd ranked pass defense... Giants 11th...  😂... But anywho i also listed out how few pints to WR they allow to.

hold.  so much hold.  SF just got LIT UP by Miami.  Giants lost to some decent throws by the red rocket.  And this is Russ and DK we're talking about.  I think DK is top 5 WR going forward, could even edge out guys like Deandre.  I don't see how I can sell unless I'm deep at WR and trading for an RB1

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

He made Stephon Gilmore look like a child.  I don't think there's a CB in the league that can handle him one on one.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, ccimore said:

He made Stephon Gilmore look like a child.  I don't think there's a CB in the league that can handle him one on one.

DK is beasting but please pump the brakes on this comment here.  54 of his 92 yards came on that one TD play was literally a perfect throw which probably only could be made by a handful of QBs in the league and practically un-guardable. 

20 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

DK is beasting but please pump the brakes on this comment here.  54 of his 92 yards came on that one TD play was literally a perfect throw which probably only could be made by a handful of QBs in the league and practically un-guardable. 

Makes me think you didn't watch the game.  It wasn't just the one throw.  Metcalf physically dominated Gilmore throughout.  He was clearly frustrated.

Edited by ccimore
1 minute ago, ccimore said:

Makes me think you didn't watch the game.  It wasn't just the one throw.  Metcalf physically dominated Gilmore throughout.  He was clearly frustrated.

I mean, given his size...he would physically dominate 99% of DBs in the NFL haha. 

Is there a better Dynasty asset at WR than DK?  For me personally, I do not think so.  He would be atop my chart.

Here's why:

1. he's just 22 years old

2. he's got a good head on his shoulders.  He's humble, strong work ethic, good teammate, and by all accounts he's an insanely disciplined and hard worker.  He wants to be in the conversation for "best to ever do it" and he's putting in the work to make it so.  He's not the type, personality wise, to begin falling in love with his own legend like Odell or become completely mentally unhinged like AB.  Pretty much the ideal player when it comes to intangibles by all regards. 

3. he's got a top QB who is in his prime to have continuity to grow with.  Russ said he wants to be like Montana and Rice with DK and Russ sees DK as his own son, mentoring and grooming him.

4. he's still extremely raw, but he's EXTREMELY clutch.  He's won two games now in crunch time for the seahawks.  He wants the ball when the game is on the line and he's shown that he can shine in those moments.

I'm sure there's other reasons too but honestly, if you own DK in Dynasty or have him cheap in keeper leagues, go buy a jersey cause he's going to become your favorite player in the NFL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
42 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Isn't that one of the reasons people are so high on DK though?

He DOES have one of the handful of QB's who constantly and consistently makes those un-guardable throws.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

If anything this clip gives more credit to Metcalf in my view.  It's not a perfect throw, Metcalf had a step on Gilmore and had to slow down to catch it.  He timed it positioned himself perfectly to box out Gilmore and not allow him within reach of the ball.  A perfect throw would have hit him in stride and not allowed Gilmore to bounce off of him like that.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I mean, given his size...he would physically dominate 99% of DBs in the NFL haha. 

Yes.  And speed.  Which is why I said he made Gilmore look like a child and I don't think there's a DB in the league that can handle him one on one.

2 hours ago, StevieStats said:

Gilmore and the NE Patriots say hi. DK served them up a plate of toast

3 hours ago, StevieStats said:

The same way he has performed:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
5 hours ago, StevieStats said:

I guess you didn't watch that game. My gawd, they have nothing. Fitzmagic destroyed them. They HAD the 3rd ranked D. Then all their players got hurt. They currently have NO D.

ARI: Padded stats as they have faced NYJ, WASH and lowly SF.

He's a dynasty never trade, like Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc. All of which I have owned and with Wilson at QB, trading him is what a fool does. Barring injuries, he's got a ticket to the HOF. I'm a WR evaluation guru.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

Is there a better Dynasty asset at WR than DK?  For me personally, I do not think so.  He would be atop my chart.

Here's why:

1. he's just 22 years old

2. he's got a good head on his shoulders.  He's humble, strong work ethic, good teammate, and by all accounts he's an insanely disciplined and hard worker.  He wants to be in the conversation for "best to ever do it" and he's putting in the work to make it so.  He's not the type, personality wise, to begin falling in love with his own legend like Odell or become completely mentally unhinged like AB.  Pretty much the ideal player when it comes to intangibles by all regards. 

3. he's got a top QB who is in his prime to have continuity to grow with.  Russ said he wants to be like Montana and Rice with DK and Russ sees DK as his own son, mentoring and grooming him.

4. he's still extremely raw, but he's EXTREMELY clutch.  He's won two games now in crunch time for the seahawks.  He wants the ball when the game is on the line and he's shown that he can shine in those moments.

I'm sure there's other reasons too but honestly, if you own DK in Dynasty or have him cheap in keeper leagues, go buy a jersey cause he's going to become your favorite player in the NFL.

Looks like it it is either him or CeeDee. 

4 hours ago, FavreCo said:

I guess you didn't watch that game. My gawd, they have nothing. Fitzmagic destroyed them. They HAD the 3rd ranked D. Then all their players got hurt. They currently have NO D.

ARI: Padded stats as they have faced NYJ, WASH and lowly SF.

He's a dynasty never trade, like Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, etc. All of which I have owned and with Wilson at QB, trading him is what a fool does. Barring injuries, he's got a ticket to the HOF. I'm a WR evaluation guru.

spacer.png

Pouring the modesty on thick here. You sure are humble...

• Like 2