NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.K. Metcalf 2020 Outlook

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The best part of this for me was how Russ repeatedly went his way when the game was on the line and in critical downs.  Normally he’s got his long bomb or two a game and that’s that.  He’s the unquest

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

People always compare D. Henry to DEs in terms of size so here is DK next to Ngakoue:

spacer.png

Haha That's awesome.

I think you failed this forum by not adequately hyping him enough. Every active member of this forum should own him  in every league because you told us how great he is and will be. I'm disappointed.

23 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Haha That's awesome.

I think you failed this forum by not adequately hyping him enough. Every active member of this forum should own him  in every league because you told us how great he is and will be. I'm disappointed.

Hah. He even surprised me. Don’t get me wrong, I expected him to be THIS good but more so in a year or so. I think “Let Russ Cook” has sped up DKs rise quite a bit.

That being said, I still had him as a lower end WR1 everywhere. I’ve posted in a bunch of threads about how damn good he will be and even said 1600/16 for DK in the bold predictions thread. Firmly had his ADP in the 30s so anyone that wanted him could’ve had him. Not really interested in shoving a player down everyone’s throats especially in threads it doesn’t belong. I’ll continue to hype him here and in game day threads that’s for damn sure...

• Like 6

A possible Captain Obvious thought, but I think if Russ cooking was a certainty to us in August, DK is a top 20 pick.   Anyone with eyes saw the talent last year, but it was hard to trust in the coaching staff opening things up the way they have. 

The past couple years I've had a short list of guys that are basically high ceiling FOMO guys, and luckily he was on that list this time.  Watching that final drive on Sunday, it felt like a certainty that he was going to make a big play.    

42 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Remember last year after the draft when we were told he can't run routes and changes direction about as quickly as a tractor trailer?

Shocking that a dude that’s 6’ 4” & 230, is almost as fast as T. Hill, jumps as high as Lebron, and benches as much as a DE doesn’t need to run routes like Julian Edelman.

Also, he clearly slipped on that drill.

Still the most boggling draft slide I’ve ever seen without a doubt. Sure with someone like Brady it’s a bigger steal but no one really saw him coming. With DK everything about him pointed to a consensus top 10 pick but a stupid narrative drove him down 50 spots. I’m not going to complain though...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Shocking that a dude that’s 6’ 4” & 230, is almost as fast as T. Hill, jumps as high as Lebron, and benches as much as a DE doesn’t need to run routes like Julian Edelman.

Still the most boggling draft slide I’ve ever seen without a doubt. Sure with someone like Brady it’s a bigger steal but no one really saw him coming. With DK everything about him pointed to a consensus top 10 pick but a stupid narrative drove him down 50 spots. I’m not going to complain though...

You mean scouts can be morons?  They did the same with MVP Lamar

45 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

You mean scouts can be morons?  They did the same with MVP Lamar

Even Lamar had legit concerns though. Hindsight is one thing but even when you take hindsight out of it DK dropping that far is absurd. I get the injury risk but the dude was in the 95%-ile in 5 categories, 93 in another, and 87 in another. Looking at what teams salvate over in a WR and looking at his measurables he should've been a top 10 pick. There were a lot of mock drafts leading up to the combine that had him in the 7-10 range and I even saw a few where he slid into the top 5. Nowhere was he going outside the first round that's for damn sure. This was before he put up one of the best combines at the position of all time mind you...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Must've been his Wonderlic score.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just picked him up a dynasty league with a pretty significant trade.  Where would you guys rank him in Dynasty WRs?   The way I saw it, has size, speed, talent, and maybe most importantly, he's set at QB for a long time barring injury AND he's only 22.  I think he has to be top 10 right? 

I'm taking Hopkins over him for sure.  Michael Thomas right now above him for sure(although who knows what comes after Brees), maybe Chris Godwin but again, what happens after Brady?.  Davante Adams I probably put above him.  Is it possible he sneaks into Top 5 in dynasty rankings or too early for that?  

Considering his age, QB, and room to improve, I think he’s #1 in dynasty.  Fantasysharks has him #2. 

Edited by Bandito
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Just picked him up a dynasty league with a pretty significant trade.  Where would you guys rank him in Dynasty WRs?   The way I saw it, has size, speed, talent, and maybe most importantly, he's set at QB for a long time barring injury AND he's only 22.  I think he has to be top 10 right? 

I'm taking Hopkins over him for sure.  Michael Thomas right now above him for sure(although who knows what comes after Brees), maybe Chris Godwin but again, what happens after Brady?.  Davante Adams I probably put above him.  Is it possible he sneaks into Top 5 in dynasty rankings or too early for that?  

#1.

Hopkins is close but he’s 5 years older.

Thomas is a massive diva which can cause problems and Brees is about to retire.

DK is 5 years younger than Adams and already better.

DK is better than Godwin already also. Plus same problem as Thomas in terms of QB.

26 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

#1.

Hopkins is close but he’s 5 years older.

Thomas is a massive diva which can cause problems and Brees is about to retire.

DK is 5 years younger than Adams and already better.

DK is better than Godwin already also. Plus same problem as Thomas in terms of QB.

You sure your Screenname and picture don't have any influence in your opinion of him?  LOL jk...

I know Hopkins is older and NFL players fall off a cliff more often than most, but I need to see Metcalf do what he's been doing for longer than just 5 games to put him above Hopkins.  I don't think I can argue with the other 2 though, so maybe he is Top 2 dynasty WR?  I'm not sure if I would put him above Michael Thomas just yet.  Yes there are a lot of questions there, but I think I have to have Hopkins, MT above him.  

Jamal Adams called him the new Megatron.  He may not be too far off if he continues to play this way. 

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
52 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Following up on my post from above.  He reminds me more of Andre Johnson than Calvin.  That would still be a pretty damn good career. 

I also already touted him earlier in the thread as my number 1 in Dynasty, I would not trade him 1 for 1 with any receiver listed as it stands.  I’m not gonna miss out on his upcoming 1500 yard 15 TD seasons, no thanks! 

3 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Following up on my post from above.  He reminds me more of Andre Johnson than Calvin.  That would still be a pretty damn good career. 

They’re all pretty close in terms of measurables. DK is faster than Calvin and has bigger hands but Calvin is slightly taller with an inch on DK in terms of vertical as well.

DK beats Johnson in everything. He is taller by an inch, 2 inch higher vertical, better broad jump, almost a tenth of a second faster, and 10 reps higher on bench. He’s also closer to Calvin in terms of play style than Johnson in terms of just obliterating teams for huge plays.

Either way the comparisons are way premature. Johnson is the biggest freak at the position ever IMO (Moss is damn close with his insane acceleration). If DK continues and puts up 1,500+ and 12+ or something then we can talk. I like his chances though...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Asian Sensation said:

Andre Johnson was a bad MFer but he didn’t have the nose for the end zone like DK. The most Tds AJ had in a single season was 9.... one time. 

Remember when he was a first round pick? So abnormal back then to have a receiver in the first round with all running backs. Ah yes, much simpler times.

Also I just miss having DK in my lineup this weekend already, rest up young prince.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Remember when he was a first round pick? So abnormal back then to have a receiver in the first round with all running backs. Ah yes, much simpler times.

Also I just miss having DK in my lineup this weekend already, rest up young prince.

Megatron, Moss and Fitzgerald off the top of my head went in the first during that time period. 

I love DK, he's my favorite player in the league, but I think right now is the all time sell high moment. Look at the targets and dependance on TDs and then look at the upcoming schedule. He has feasted on some of the worst defenses in the league. Plus by the time fantasy playoffs come around the Seahawks will have home field wrapped up. If you can get a top 10 RB for him pull the trigger. 

• Like 1
On 10/18/2020 at 10:24 PM, mulhollandvelvet said:

I love DK, he's my favorite player in the league, but I think right now is the all time sell high moment. Look at the targets and dependance on TDs and then look at the upcoming schedule. He has feasted on some of the worst defenses in the league. Plus by the time fantasy playoffs come around the Seahawks will have home field wrapped up. If you can get a top 10 RB for him pull the trigger. 

DK is on my team. As much as Russ force feeds him the ball and has complete trust in him, That's a pretty good deal if you can get it.

Edited by fachowski
On 10/18/2020 at 8:24 AM, mulhollandvelvet said:

In redraft sure, if you have him in keeper or dynasty he’s virtually untouchable 

On 10/18/2020 at 9:24 AM, mulhollandvelvet said:

Id say this is pretty accurate but he is also avg 100 yds a game. That shouldn't be going away especially with how bad their defense is. Dk is a better version of Mike evans, on a better offense, and has stayed healthy all year and people value Evans as a low end WR1 every year. I wouldnt say its out of the realm of possibility that this can continue, of course there may be a week he doesnt get a TD, but this offense is designed to feed Lockett, Carson, and DK. With how Russ speaks of him, I would ride the train til the wheels fall off