NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Haskins 2020 Outlook

Doesn't even have a thread. 

Everyone loves Scary Terry and all the pass catching RBs on Washington. Plus, the team actually has a good coach and they didn't bring in any real competition at QB. How is Haskins not a great value QB2 with breakout upside? 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dwayne might suck at football, but he got paid.

Posted Images

On 5/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, ajs723 said:

Everyone loves Scary Terry and all the pass catching RBs on Washington. Plus, the team actually has a good coach and they didn't bring in any real competition at QB. How is Haskins not a great value QB2 with breakout upside? 

He is.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:40 PM, ajs723 said:

Don’t forget his solid end of season coincided with Steven Sims’ breakout.

Absolutely love Haskins price in superflex

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Sun Tzu locked this topic
  • Sun Tzu unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been streaming defenses versus Haskins all year thus far:

Week 1 - I streamed the Eagles D.

Week 2 - I streamed the Cardinals D

Week 3 - I am streaming the Browns D

If you were to theoretically do this all year, you'd have the aggregate #1 Defense.

If there is a Defense on the waiver wire going up against Haskins (like the Browns D this week), always bench your Starting Defense and stream the Defense facing Haskins. You are guaranteed a solid Floor because Haskins is the most anemic NFL QB I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Edited by PisEdiRin
On 5/22/2020 at 4:40 PM, ajs723 said:

Given his play on the field thus far....he never deserved a thread.

37 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

You're the only one responding in this thread, & quoting folks from 4 months ago. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, PisEdiRin said:

It's not fair to write off Haskins yet. The franchise is so dysfunctional. I don't think he's a bad QB. He has one weapon on offense, and a really bad O-line. 

16 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

It's not fair to write off Haskins yet. The franchise is so dysfunctional. I don't think he's a bad QB. He has one weapon on offense, and a really bad O-line. 

It's almost like you've never watched the guy play.

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

He's a trash QB who had no business being drafted where he was

• Like 2

"50 Touchdowns!!!"

"70% Completion rate!!!"

"Based on these stats from 1 year in college, Haskins is destined for NFL greatness!!!"

Newsflash to football scouts:

College Stats for a QB has ZERO RELEVANCE to how he will perform in the NFL. None.

You have to study tape, and understand how to separate the QB himself, from the System/Supporting Cast.

This is where the Haskins Truthers failed so miserably. They had no argument other than manufactured box score stats in Urban Meyer's QB Gimmick Offense. They fell victim to the fake media narrative, as well.

Haskins had a 100% Bust Rate the moment he was drafted into the NFL. It was so blatantly obvious to me. I had 0 doubts Haskins was destined for Bustville.

24 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

There are Haskins truthers? 

Not anymore (hopefully).

But leading up to the 2019 Draft? Oh you bet...the Haskins Truthers were out in full force...showing how little they understood about playing QB in the NFL, showing the lack of understanding that Haskins OSU stats were completely fake and manufactured by Urban Meyer.

Haskins had a 100% Bust Rate going into the 2019 Draft. There was exactly a 0.00% chance Haskins would succeed in the NFL. Leading up to the draft, I said it for weeks and weeks. The response I got back:

"50 Touchdowns!"

"70% Completion"

It's very very difficult to reason with stupid, delusional people.

Edited by PisEdiRin
  • Like 1
32 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They could have had Tua...

Tua...or could have invested in the OL. They already had three 1st rd picks on the DL, so it would have made more sense to me to start fixing that terrible OL. I guess I can understand Rivera and staff wanting to see what they have in Haskins, but I don't understand not trading out of the no2 pick to get an extra pick or two and investing early in the OL. And drafting Saahdiq Charles in the 4th and Keith Ishmael in the 5th is not addressing the OL. I can't speak about Ishmael, but I do know Charles isn't ready to contribute anytime soon, barring a significant improvement in the NFL. 

This is likely his final start of the season. Kyle Allen should be named WFT's starting QB moving forward. Also there's a good chance Haskins gets benched mid-game for Kyle Allen today.

In 2 QB leagues, you might want to consider rostering Kyle Allen right now. I did just that in my 2 QB league.

• Like 1