Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dwayne Haskins 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dwayne might suck at football, but he got paid.

Posted Images

Alex Smith will be the QB very soon. Kyle Allen is ūüóĎas well too. With the state of the NFC East Smith gives them the best chance to win. They actually have some decent pieces everywhere else.¬†

Haskins can continue to improve as an under study. Plenty of articles about how important Alex Smith was to Mahomes during his time at KC.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SuperSurgeMC said:

He's only started 11 games. He's been in a grease-fire since he was drafted.

That being said, he hasn't looked stellar but it's not all his fault.

 

It's 100% all his fault.

"He hasn't looked stellar" - understatement of the century

He looks like a High-School Level QB out there. It's pathetic.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Alex Smith will be the QB very soon. Kyle Allen is ūüóĎas well too. With the state of the NFC East Smith gives them the best chance to win. They actually have some decent pieces everywhere else.¬†

Haskins can continue to improve as an under study. Plenty of articles about how important he was to Mahomes during his time at KC.

 

Haskins NFL career is over. Trust me - nobody in the NFL thinks Haskins is any good, or salvageable.

This is it for him, and it should be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

Haskins NFL career is over. Trust me - nobody in the NFL thinks Haskins is any good, or salvageable.

This is it for him, and it should be.

Eh maybe, maybe not. Lots of people thought Josh Allen was no good too. There is always a chance players can turn their careers around especially young guys with potential even if it is low percentile.

Edited by Dirtywater97
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dirtywater97 said:

Eh maybe, maybe not. Lots of people thought Allen was no good too. There is always a chance players can turn their careers around especially young guys with potential even if it is low percentile.

 

Yeah see that's the thing.....Haskins has zero potential. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PisEdiRin said:

 

Yeah see that's the thing.....Haskins has zero potential. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Agree to disagree. He has arm talent, however there is a lot more needed to be a NFL starting QB, and that's what he needs to develop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Eh maybe, maybe not. Lots of people thought Josh Allen was no good too. There is always a chance players can turn their careers around especially young guys with potential even if it is low percentile.

 

nah, Josh always had the ability to impact the game with his wheels, even while going through the passing mechanics growing pains. 

Haskins offers no such upside - he's more Ryan Leaf than most wanna allow for ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

nah, Josh always had the ability to impact the game with his wheels, even while going through the passing mechanics growing pains. 

Haskins offers no such upside - he's more Ryan Leaf than most wanna allow for ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

I'm with y'all. When I say low percentile I'm talking like 3% or less, haha.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2014olympicgold said:

He was incredibly raw when drafted, and went to the absolute worst team to develop a raw QB.

 

Mismanaged, no offensive tools, poor line, no run game, terrible ownership, terrible coaching. Guy lost it all, and no one was willing to work with him and develop him. 

 

You forgot: This QB has no talent.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

You forgot: This QB has no talent.

He showed a good arm in college (deep balls, ability to have the nice touch for distance, has an arm to fit the ball in tight windows), but he lost his footwork often, he was slow in progressions, and his decision-making was inconsistent. 

 

He was a raw talent, and no one tried to help fix the mechanic/mind issues. And a poor set of pieces around him wouldn't help him out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2014olympicgold said:

He showed a good arm in college (deep balls, ability to have the nice touch for distance, has an arm to fit the ball in tight windows), but he lost his footwork often, he was slow in progressions, and his decision-making was inconsistent. 

 

He was a raw talent, and no one tried to help fix the mechanic/mind issues. And a poor set of pieces around him wouldn't help him out. 

 

He showed absolutely none of those things at all, actually. He has a below-average NFL arm and 0 accuracy and 0 ability to make tight-window throws.

His situational awareness on a scale of 1-10, is about a 0.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

He showed absolutely none of those things at all, actually. He has a below-average NFL arm and 0 accuracy and 0 ability to make tight-window throws.

His situational awareness on a scale of 1-10, is about a 0.

 

I'm talking about college, why they drafted him essentially. Go back and see his scouting reports coming out of school (linked is one). He essentially was just incredibly raw out of school, and WFT did nothing to help him fix issues, and the decision-making, slow progressions, and inconsistent footwork (throws off his throw) were blown up because the team is just hot garbo from top to bottom. Then Haskins (clearly) hasn't done anything to try and improve in the offseason, or on his own, because he's gotten worse. He's almost afraid to go down field now. 

 

He had 14games starting in his career for an OP college and that helped prop up his raw talent, and mask his terrible terrible flaws. My argument is the team did nothing to help fix the flaws, and the player himself didn't either.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unlike a few people here I don't have a crystal ball. Can't see the future and not sure if Haskins will be any good, but the benching has very little to do with performance and more to do with the new regime having a different vision (see Justin or Trey). 

Haskins was playing behind a bottom 5 offensive line, weak receiving core outside of McLaurin, new offense, no training camp. Talk about being set up to fail.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Unlike a few people here I don't have a crystal ball. Can't see the future and not sure if Haskins will be any good, but the benching has very little to do with performance and more to do with the new regime having a different vision (see Justin or Trey). 

This is a pretty questionable take. The new regime wants to keep their jobs. They keep their jobs by winning. If Haskins was performing well they'd be more likely to win. He's been terrible so they have no choice but to see what's behind door #2. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 2014olympicgold said:

I'm talking about college, why they drafted him essentially. Go back and see his scouting reports coming out of school (linked is one). He essentially was just incredibly raw out of school, and WFT did nothing to help him fix issues, and the decision-making, slow progressions, and inconsistent footwork (throws off his throw) were blown up because the team is just hot garbo from top to bottom. Then Haskins (clearly) hasn't done anything to try and improve in the offseason, or on his own, because he's gotten worse. He's almost afraid to go down field now. 

 

He had 14games starting in his career for an OP college and that helped prop up his raw talent, and mask his terrible terrible flaws. My argument is the team did nothing to help fix the flaws, and the player himself didn't either.

None of this really matters when Haskins just isn't good. He had one good season in an Urban Meyer offense. He was dinged for being raw coming into college and the NFL. His desire to improve was also questioned. That's an epically bad combo. It really doesn't matter if the team did nothing to help him. There was no helping this dude -- he was a victim of hype and was always going to be. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

It's 100% all his fault.

"He hasn't looked stellar" - understatement of the century

He looks like a High-School Level QB out there. It's pathetic.

He totally stinks. They are in the hunt for a franchise QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

This is a pretty questionable take. The new regime wants to keep their jobs. They keep their jobs by winning. If Haskins was performing well they'd be more likely to win. He's been terrible so they have no choice but to see what's behind door #2. 

You're kidding right? Trainwreck of an organization. 3rd  head coach  and offensive system in less than 2 years.  It would be hard to find  the quarterback  with Haskins tenure was really basically a rookie, perform any better then he has to this point. Rivera  and his excuses  are . Washington isn't going anywhere. They have as much chance of winning the NFC East has the New England Patriots do and of course the Patriots aren't in the NFC East.  is going Kyle Allen  is going to get clobbered behind that offensive line. He's a game manager and it serves no purpose to start him. Smith is going to be the only quarterback on that roster that's going to have a decent performance under the circumstances and that's only if his leg holds up.

Edited by pikerbkb
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pikerbkb said:

You're kidding right? Trainwreck of an organization. 3rd  head coach  and offensive system in less than 2 years.  It would be hard to find  the quarterback  with Haskins tenure was really basically a rookie, perform any better then he has to this point. Rivera  and his excuses  are . Washington isn't going anywhere. They have as much chance of winning the NFC East has the New England Patriots do and of course the Patriots aren't in the NFC East.  is going Kyle Allen  is going to get clobbered behind that offensive line. He's a game manager and it serves no purpose to start him. Smith is going to be the only quarterback on that roster that's going to have a decent performance under the circumstances and that's only if his leg holds up.

You said his benching had nothing to do with his performance. I don't see how that's a stance you can legitimately argue.

 

This post is arguing WHY he's been terrible. I think you've made a lot of good points why he's been terrible and hasn't been put in a position to succeed. But your good points on this point don't support the claim of him being benched for non-performance reasons. If he was anything but terrible they wouldn't be benching him. He's been atrocious.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PisEdiRin said:

 

He showed absolutely none of those things at all, actually. He has a below-average NFL arm and 0 accuracy and 0 ability to make tight-window throws.

His situational awareness on a scale of 1-10, is about a 0.

 

I refuse to give up on Haskins, but this is the most damning thing I've heard. That is really awful. Yikes!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

I refuse to give up on Haskins, but this is the most damning thing I've heard. That is really awful. Yikes!

I can give you something more damning.

15 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Good article on the kid. Those comparisons are pretty ugly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/10/06/dwayne-haskins-bust-franchise-quarterback/

From that article

Quote

To put Haskins’s futility in a broader context, here are the passers selected in the first round since 2002 who have produced similar expected-per-game output (within one point) on passing plays over their first 11 NFL starts: Brady Quinn, Kyle Boller, EJ Manuel, JaMarcus Russell, Matthew Stafford, J.P. Losman and David Carr.

Will it get better? Among that group, only Stafford ‚ÄĒ who had injury issues during the first two years of his career ‚ÄĒ and Losman managed a positive ‚Äúexpected points added‚ÄĚ result over their¬†next¬†11 starts, and only Stafford has produced results above expectations over the rest of his career.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...