NBC Sports Edge Forums

D.J. Chark 2020 Outlook

That’s just great. 

So many injuries. Do I play Putrid Williams, regret it and drop him next week or do I drop Williams, play Cole, regret it and then blow FAAB to get William back next week. 

These are fantasy football decisions I loathe. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

That’s just great. 

So many injuries. Do I play Putrid Williams, regret it and drop him next week or do I drop Williams, play Cole, regret it and then blow FAAB to get William back next week. 

These are fantasy football decisions I loathe. 

Basically the story of my WRs this season.

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

maybe now minshew will know how much he needs chark. 

Actually Chark would not have made a difference. Minshew played horrible and the offensive line was collapsing all night with little time to throw. Conley had a few drops but other than that Chark would not have been a difference maker IMO.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Actually Chark would not have made a difference. Minshew played horrible and the offensive line was collapsing all night with little time to throw. Conley had a few drops but other than that Chark would not have been a difference maker IMO.

Chark is a stud...of course he makes a difference. None of the other WRs can consistently get open without the added attention Chark draws...as we saw on TNF.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

Disagree. His presence on the field changes the entire defensive mentality. MIA never had to let up on bringing pressure bc they knew they weren’t going to get beat by any of the receivers. Chark is dangerous and we’ve seen him getting bracketed the last few weeks, freeing up other guys, primarily Cole. When everyone gets knocked down and peg and you have Conley playing as bad as he did, the whole offense flops.

Edited by kidsgotsoul
  • Like 2

Yep, it's always funny when another guy in the offense starts to get more targets and we start questioning who the #1 is. Don't ever let your eyes fool you. Chark is the #1, and the WR that dictates coverage and makes thing go, opening up everything underneath for everyone else. 

Alot of what they've done the first couple weeks has been dink and dunk. A little tougher to do when you 6-4 4.3 speed wideout isn't on the field.

What they need is for Laviska to emerge, so that when Chark returns the field opens up a bit for him also.

Edited by USWAY
  • Like 3

Anyone that doesn’t think Chark was missed last night didn’t watch the game. He is by far their best and most dynamic receiver, and none of the guys last night were even close to being the downfield threat Chark is. His presence on the field has been why Cole had had two decent games. 

Edited by JoeJoe88
  • Like 3
22 minutes ago, umphrey said:

Sounds like a bad thing for Chark going forward. Just more proof that Chark is the only real threat. 

Yes and no. They still have a nice run of games until the bye, and I think Chark is good enough that when they're just chucking it for the second half - which they will be, every game - he can go up and get it more often than not. The biggest concern for me is the OL.

43 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Yes and no. They still have a nice run of games until the bye, and I think Chark is good enough that when they're just chucking it for the second half - which they will be, every game - he can go up and get it more often than not. The biggest concern for me is the OL.

Agreed on all fronts. James Robinson looks like the real deal. And Cole can be a threat on a CB2. Minshew can make plays when he has time.... but man was that OL a sieve last night.

2 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Agreed on all fronts. James Robinson looks like the real deal. And Cole can be a threat on a CB2. Minshew can make plays when he has time.... but man was that OL a sieve last night.

JRob helps but Cole seems just barely good enough to beat a CB2 in single coverage which is the problem. That and I think the coaching staff changed the offense to spread the ball more. Actually Cole was on a CB2 yesterday and it didn’t seem like he won that matchup.

12 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

How concerned are we here? Additional testing definitely doesn’t sound ideal. Still feeling ok after he got in a couple of limited practices last week though. Would probably prefer for him to just sit one more week and get back to 100% health. 

9 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

How concerned are we here? Additional testing definitely doesn’t sound ideal. Still feeling ok after he got in a couple of limited practices last week though. Would probably prefer for him to just sit one more week and get back to 100% health. 

Totally agree, have to start Preston Williams again, but I'd rather have a healthy Chark ready to eat.